Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-30-21, 02:31 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I really haven’t bought that much fitness stuff this year.

Hits:

Apple Watch - I LOVE this thing!
Team Body Project - I still enjoy most of their workouts. Daniel is so motivating and he cues fairly well. (I haven't subscribed because I don't really like Alex's workouts. She doesn't cue that well.)

Meh:
Cathe Boss Bands workouts. Love the bands - the workouts are just okay.

Misses:
AppleFitness+ - Due to poor bandwidth, I have to download the workouts which seem to take much longer than Amazon Prime movies. Then, they don’t work with the Apple A/V HDMI adapter to my TV. (AppleTV is also a fail so far for the same reasons.) Both are free trials, so no money lost there.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 02:35 PM  
Hsim

I enjoy these threads too!

Miss - Tracey Mallett Fuse Dance Cardio Melt. I just did not click with this and it did not get my heartrate up much.

Miss - Kristen McGee S3. I have only tried the weighted yoga so far and this was way hard for me. I actually ordered this because I mostly like weighted yoga routines but I forgot how challenging her DVDs are.

Hit - PIYO. I am slowly working through this set. It is challenging in a good way and something to work up to.

Hit - Tracey Mallet Fuse Dance Cardio Lean - the cardio is ballet inspired and good for a light day and the other segment is abs and floor work which I liked. I would describe as floor barre.

Not sure - KCM Super Sculpt. I have only tried the first workout so far.

I actually thought I was through buying DVDs but have always wanted to try PIYO and then Mary had a sale so I picked up a few. I am very happy with my collection of about 200 DVDs so I don't think I will buy more. At some point I would like to subscribe to Cathe or KCM to try that out.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 03:42 PM  
donnamp

I love these threads!

Hits -

Silver & Fit You Tube Channel - for the reasons Carol mentioned. A ton of variety and many familiar faces and really, something for just about everyone.

Senior Shape by Lauren - again, a nice channel - lots of variety, well produced videos. I wish she would call it "Shape by Lauren" LOL! Vanity.....

Lively Ladies - I really like Trish - there is something comforting about her.

Lucy Wyndham Read - She offers a lot of great free challenges, no equipment, higher rep body weight stuff (it sort of reminds me of Slim in 6, Slim Series)

Ellen Barrett's streaming site - I do her stuff on average once or twice a week and it is nice to have a steady supply of new workouts (she only releases once a month - but her service is not expensive so it is worth it)

Annie Pilates Physical Therapy - she has some good routines that really hit the areas I need to work on for glute/hip strength/stability

Jessica Valent Pilates - She has a # of go-to routines that i use for PT.

Caroline Jordan - I have enjoyed a # of her workouts - I find her to have some helpful "PT" type routines and she is very positive and encouraging.

I really had no "misses" - this year - I didn't really buy anything or much of anything and most of what i have been doing is on You Tube.

A hit that turned into a miss for me was Pahla B - I really enjoyed her programs and working out with her, but I did find that her workouts were aggravating something in my lower back/hip. So...maybe someday I can strengthen that area and give her another try. I do miss her positive personality, though.

A new-to-me find that i will be working with more in 2022 is Man Flow Yoga w/ Dean Pohlman. We will see next year if he is a hit or a miss!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 04:12 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

To update -

Hits -
Silver & Fit
Senior Shape
Trifecta Pilates
and maybe Love Your Body Pilates with Kait Coats (just discovered her this week)

Misses -
Jessica Smith's Lift & Shift - too tough and too long for my aging body
Jessica Smith's Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates
Jessica Smith's Simple Stretch
Neither of these last two were my cup of tea, although I'm not sure why.

Never thought I would see the day when a new Jessica Smith wouldn't absolutely thrill me, but I guess I'm there.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 05:45 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Hit: Cathe Perfect Pump (I think it was 2021).
Miss: Cathe Boss Band workouts
Agree! Perfect Pump is one of my most used workouts these days.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 06:20 PM  
dianestjohn

Hits:

All of the following Youtube channels, many of which I discovered this year, and which now form the core of my daily workouts because many of the instructors have HUNDREDS of professional quality workouts:

Tracy Steen

Sydney Cummings

Pahla B

Eleni Fit

Bodyfit By Amy

Brian Syuki

Olivia Lawson

Grow With Jo

Yoga with Kassandra

Timberlake Yoga

Most of Growing Annanas

Most of Heather Robertson

And of course Jessica :-)

Misses:

Barlates. After many years of trying I have accepted that Linda is not a good match for me. Too many changes too quickly and they feel hard but she makes the moves look so easy, it was hard not to get discouraged.

Burpee Girl. The workouts look interesting but there is a sort of dulled down muffled quality to them, for me, and I did not feel challenged enough.

Meh:

Caroline Girvan, EXCEPT for her weights-only workouts. The full-body no-equipment and/or cardio workouts with lots of planks, plank variations and horizontal cardio are a step above me and not something I aspire to conquer.

Yoga with Adriene. (YES I know, it is sacrilege.) I have done many many, am now completing one of her 30-day offerings (Revolution), and find I am eager to be done each day. I may have OD'd on her and just need to take a little break.

Brand Fitness. Sometimes ok but not in love. Same with Up to the Beat Fitness. Both of these instructors can seem a little too perky, depending on how grumpy I feel at the time
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 07:07 PM  
owltx

Hits: Cathe's Perfect 30 - the hiit and weights ones, specifically. I really am finding 45 minutes my sweet spot - gives me extra time for more stretching. The P30 weights w/ the added bonus material are both fantastic, give a great workout in a short amount of time. And I like both of the HIITs, and the premixes are great and give a lot of options.

Misses: It's an old one, but I got Jessica Smith's Barre Fitness during the KineticFlix going out of business sale, and while I don't hate it, it has yet to grow on me. And I adore Jessica and have a lot of her DVDs I love, but for some reason I haven't quite clicked with this one. I think I will eventually find a place for the floor section.
Old 12-30-21, 10:54 PM  
jusca

Hits: Cathe cardio party, Leslie's all time favorties and most of her dvds released between 2013-2016

Not completely bad but not great: Riptensity, Leslie's Walk Diet, Tone every zone walk, Cathe perfect 30, lastics 15 min stretch

Misses: Tamilee Webb rock hard assets. Good thing it was only $1.50. Sooo bad!
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 08:36 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
To update -

Misses -
Jessica Smith's Lift & Shift - too tough and too long for my aging body
Jessica Smith's Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates
Jessica Smith's Simple Stretch
Neither of these last two were my cup of tea, although I'm not sure why.

Never thought I would see the day when a new Jessica Smith wouldn't absolutely thrill me, but I guess I'm there.

Carol
Carol - I hate to admit it, but me too. I didn't even try Lift and Shift, the workouts were longer than I would like but I have hardly touched the Pilates and Stretch workouts. I think I did the Pilates DVD once and the stretch DVD less than a handful of times.

I'm still eager to see what the new releases look like......

Donna
Old 12-31-21, 08:38 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
Hits:

Yoga with Adriene. (YES I know, it is sacrilege.) I have done many many, am now completing one of her 30-day offerings (Revolution), and find I am eager to be done each day. I may have OD'd on her and just need to take a little break.
I used to adore Adriene, but something changed - I'm not sure if it is her or me but I just can't get into her practice any more. I wonder why??? I think she may have been more playful and less "serious" in the beginning? I am not sure....

Donna

Tags
best of, hits and misses, kcm super sculpt, worst of