Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-10, 12:06 AM  
bigtree

Quote:
Originally Posted by fschulman View Post
I did the standard mix, modifying to avoid impact, and got a great workout. Cathe spends no more than a few minutes on any step combination, so there is a lot of variety. I thoroughly enjoyed the workout while working up a sweat.
Is it easy to modify? I bought this purely for the low impact HiiT portion but think that only goes for 10 minutes - is that right? (haven't got it yet)
bigtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-10, 02:33 PM  
joycet
VF Supporter

Thumbs up

I loved this workout! I second the "you will be sweating buckets" comment. Wow! It's tough! I like the variety of premixes on the DVD as well. I am so glad I got it!
joycet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-10, 02:33 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

Well I definitely think this lives up to its name!! I thought it was very intense.

I was confused at the end when they had the stretch; I looked at the time and it was like 51 minutes and I'm thinking this is supposed to be 70 minutes!

I didn't realize Boot Camp was after that but I figured it out.

Big Tree - I think you can modify this. I rarely do anything these days without modifying!! My age (58) plus my knees (I have a torn right medial meniscus but not 'bad' enough for surgery) make me do this. I can't lung or squat like they do.
Like for the burpees I don't go down to the floor, I use a step and squat thrust to the step (sometimes it's 10".....) because sudden changes of altitude make me quite dizzy.
Old 11-25-10, 06:16 PM  
fschulman

Easy to modify

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtree View Post
Is it easy to modify? I bought this purely for the low impact HiiT portion but think that only goes for 10 minutes - is that right? (haven't got it yet)
I found it easy to modify because most of the impact comes from jumping jacks for which I substitute rising on my toes. I loved the low impact HIIT portion. The moves are all from other DVDs. I don't remember anything new. There are squat thrusts. I can do them with the step. During the HIIT portion, I used a high step for them.
fschulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-10, 02:15 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Thumbs up Just finished this one! :)

I really loved this workout! It really surprised me...the music was good, the moves were athletic and easy to follow, but not repeated enough to get boring.

I added weighted gloves and some height to the Low Impact HiiT. Didn't do the BC portion because I used the download and I think I forgot to download that extra portion. It was fine, because I want to keep my impact cardio to 45-50 min because of my wonky knee.

This is Cathe's best workout since the Intensity series IMO. It was hard but not killer...maybe because of all of the rest in the HiiT sections??

I haven't done Cathe's Lower Body Blast yet, but the other three workouts in this group are winners in my book!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-10, 05:11 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjan View Post
I really loved this workout! It really surprised me...the music was good, the moves were athletic and easy to follow, but not repeated enough to get boring.

I added weighted gloves and some height to the Low Impact HiiT. Didn't do the BC portion because I used the download and I think I forgot to download that extra portion. It was fine, because I want to keep my impact cardio to 45-50 min because of my wonky knee.

This is Cathe's best workout since the Intensity series IMO. It was hard but not killer...maybe because of all of the rest in the HiiT sections??

I haven't done Cathe's Lower Body Blast yet, but the other three workouts in this group are winners in my book!
Is this latest set of workouts the best since the Intensity series in your opinion or are you just referring to the Cardio Intensity workout? TIA!
Old 11-28-10, 06:02 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Is this latest set of workouts the best since the Intensity series in your opinion or are you just referring to the Cardio Intensity workout? TIA!
Hi There-

I do think that this set of workouts are her best since the Intensity Series. I don't know what it is about them, or why I think that, but they are just good, fun, solid workouts.

Intensity in particular is one that I'd look forward to doing again. The way it's broken up makes the time fly by. Everyone seems relaxed and like they are enjoying themselves as they work.

However, I'm sure there are people who would disagree with me!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, cathe intensity