Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-09-20, 07:50 AM  
Cher

Total Max Mixers - Week of Feb 9

Finally did a couple dvd workouts. I started with Leslie’s 10 Minute Light Walk, then did Cathe’s Total Body Sculpting from her Low Impact Step dvd (modifying roll-ins to glute lifts) then added a couple PT exercises that weren’t in the dvd. This was perfect for what I can do right now. I then started doing LITE Stretch #2 but then thought maybe I shouldn’t be doing some of those moves in the beginning so just did my own stretches.

Karen - Sounds like a nice ruck walk on a beautiful day! I have a doctor’s appt in 2 weeks and still debating about going back or not. He did X-rays when I first went to him and found that I have a slipped disc. I’m not sure if it’s bad enough to warrant going back or if there is anything else they can do. It’s not bad enough at this point to warrant surgery. Wondering if I just have to live with it and try to manage it for now??? I don’t know. Some days it’s fine and other days it’s not.

Waves and hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 10:07 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was PHA2.

Cher - I'm glad you were able to do some workouts. I would go back to the doctor just to make sure there isn't anything else you could do to help your pain other than waiting until it goes away.

Our weather got pretty cool the past couple of days and it looks like we're in for a big swing in temps next week--from 63 to 35 as our highs.

Waves to everyone. Have a great Sunday.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 03:43 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Cher: Great job improvising. What I find odd is how I have to do one stretch on one leg and not the other... then do a strengthening exercise on the other leg and not on the original one. Then the PT came in Friday and said there is a new school of thought about the relationship between the piriformis and SI joint. Yeesh. I truly need about 45 minutes per PT session to do the exercises at home. When do I have that time?

JB: Spring is not here yet, either. One day it's 70 and the next it's freezing and snowing.

Karen & Vannie: Hope all is well!

Check in: I'm incredibly far behind. Just got back late Thursday from a work conference. Thankfully my mom was ready to go early because we were able to get rerouted on a different flight through Chicago and avoid the storms that hit Atlanta. However we both picked up colds. I feel really yucky today. Have slept most of the day, except when I went to church for an hour or so with Mom. DH did OK while I was gone but finished off with some type of stomach bug and is now so weak his knees won't work. I am back to getting up each time he gets up to help him get to the bathroom. I know me snoring from my cold isn't helping, either. He's currently sleeping (2 hours in on a nap already). I just woke up and started a load of laundry and popped the top on a can of chicken noodle soup. I'd kill for some tea, but I think we're out. Maybe I'll do a car pick up run to Target in a bit. I don't even want to get dressed up in a coat and go out in the cold.

Yesterday I was wanting to get back in the workout groove, so I tried KCM's newest box & bar workout (boxing / Olympic lifts) and it was good. Probably too soon with this cold though. (Ironically the workout featured Noelle and she had just recovered from being sick for a week so the boxing wasn't too tough and the weight work was controlled.) Today was a 10 min Leslie. Friday was a 15 min Leslie. Plus some (but not all) PT exercises here and there. They take up some serious time and I always sweat with them, so I can't do them in dress clothes at work.

While I was at the conference, I did take advantage of a networking opportunity they offered and did a kayaking trip. Had a blast!

Waves to all!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 07:42 AM  
Cher

Yesterday shoveled a little bit of snow to clear the driveway since we were supposed to get 4 inches last night and didn’t want it on top of the couple inches we didn’t shovel from last week. Also since we had the rare appearance of the sun, I went for a 30 minute walk. Of course the sun went back in the clouds about halfway through my walk and then it felt pretty chilly.

JBliff & Gibbee - Haven’t seen 70’s here since probably September.

Gibbee - I know exactly what you me about PT exercises. I hope you start feeling better. It’s so hard to be helping others when you are feeling crappy yourself.

Waves Karen & Vannie.
Old 02-10-20, 03:09 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 50 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher
- Did you get the 4 inches of snow? We have been pretty lucky with our weather this winter--no snow yet.

Gibbee - I'm glad you at least got to do some kayaking at your conference. Sorry to hear you have a cold. Take care of yourself!

BTW, it looks like Gin Miller took down all her videos from Youtube--what a bummer.

Hi to Vannie and Karjoy.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 06:42 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. I've had headaches the last three days so not much to report. Did a 4k Parkinson's walk on Saturday. We had two of our group in transport chairs so it wasn't a very fast walk but it was fun and for a good cause. The rest of the day/night was spent visiting and laughing so much my jaws hurt! Yesterday I ended up taking a 2-hour nap after church and lunch. I was just too tired to stay awake after sleeping lousy the night before. Today has been nothing so far but errands and of course walking Cyric. Watched The Emoji Movie which was much cuter than I expected. I cannot seem to find enough mojo to actually get me moving.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 07:11 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Rest day today and yesterday we ran 10 miles with intervals—run 90 seconds, walk 30 seconds. That worked well as it was very hilly.

I have a slight headache and this screen is bothering my eyes so I will see you tomorrow. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 09:41 PM  
Vantreesta

10 miles, nice job, Karen!

Cyric and I did wk1 day2 of ZR5k. He got tired of running laps so I left him at the house at 1.95 miles. I did a total of 2.8 with my fastest pace being 6:01 this time. It's fun running that fast when I know it's so short!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-11-20, 07:35 AM  
Cher

Yesterday I did Leslie’s 10 Minute Light Walk and PT exercises and stretches. I woke up a 3 am worrying about Joseph and this job hunt and I never was able to fall back to sleep.

JBliff - No we only ended up with about an inch of snow thank goodness! But, tomorrow night expecting about 4 - 5 inches as of now. Let’s hope it’s a dud too! Bummer about Gin taking her videos down.

Vannie - Your Parkinson’s walk sounds nice. Glad you had so much fun afterwards! I’m probably going to need a nap this afternoon.

Karen - Nice run!
Old 02-12-20, 12:48 AM  
Vantreesta

Tonight I ran alone, 2.7 mi for wk4 day3 of the 10k trainer. Just finished my PT exercises. Tmrw I need to do the hip traction with band and psoas release with Alpha ball again.

Cheryl, I can't tell you how many times your signature line has given me a push to get moving!