Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-20, 10:00 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of January 12

Good morning everyone. No workout for me yesterday as we got invited to the state capitol to attend the swearing in ceremony of someone we know. He got elected to the VA State Legislature in November. It was really interesting and moving. There were over 200 people in attendance (the biggest of any of the swearing in ceremonies). It was a lovely day too, mid 70s and sunny.

I hope everyone had a great Saturday.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 10:08 AM  
Cher

JBliff and I both started a new thread at the same time so I copied my post here and will link mine to here.

Yesterday I did PT exercises, then The first stretch from JS Gentle Yoga Stretch, then used the foam roller on my hips/glutes. Last night I used the therapy balls on my hip/glute and that was probably to much for it. I think I aggravated it with that last night. It was a bit sore last night after that and sore this morning. . I guess I better lay off today.

Broke our current record for rainfall for most amount of rain in a single day in January. We got it all......rain, freezing rain, and snow.

Gibbee - I’m so sorry to hear your head is still hurting. That must’ve been quite a fall. I hope your PT goes well and helps your back/SI joint. Looks like 3 of us here are doing PT.

Vannie - Dang that is cold! I don’t think we are getting it that cold here.....thank goodness. I think our high here is only 31 today but it is supposed to warm up again tomorrow for a couple days. Do you like complex step? Party Rockin Step is fun but complex. I love it!

JBliff - Lucky you with 74 degrees! It’s been a pretty mild winter here though so I shouldn’t complain.

Waves Karen!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 10:11 AM  
Cher

JBliff - How cool to be invited to that swearing in ceremony!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 03:55 PM  
Vantreesta

JBliff, really cool about the swearing in ceremony. That kind of stuff really is moving.

Cheryl, do you have a Pilates ball? I sometimes use my Coregeous or Barre3 ball to massage my hip instead of YTU balls orfoam roller. They're much softer but still can give a nice massage if I'm really sore or tender. If PRS very complex then I'm better off not getting it!

I wasn't feeling great this morning so didn't go to church. Instead I took a nice hot Epsom bath and then a 3 hour nap. We could get 3-4" of snow today, current temp is 23, but the next two days are supposed to be high around 30 and possibly freezing rain. Yuck. We have plenty of ice already, thank you very much! We have hardy hadary snow this winter. We got quite a bit before Thanksgiving but very little otherwise and several warmer days that have left us mostly brown. I want snow!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 08:35 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Vannie: Wow - sounds relaxing! And needed!

JBLiff: So cool... I've been to a couple here at the state and they are very serious and also very cool to see.

Cher: I saw the flooding up your way. So sorry to hear that. We have flooding in the surrounding communities. Like you, we got rain, snow, ice and wind on Friday/Saturday. Today we dug the cars out and DD's battery was dead. Called triple A and it died when we did turn it off. So we jumped it again and took it to Honda. Looks like a new battery in our future.

Karen: Hope you're doing well.

Check in: Mostly ice scraping today and tried a bit of box and pump but just a bit too much for me even at a slower speed and lighter weights so did my PT and called it a day.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 08:36 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Vannie: I still have both PRS 1 and 2 if you're interested in them.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 01-12-20, 08:38 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Here are some good low impact exercise options... most we are familiar with but sometimes a reminder is a good thing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGpfOm84YMA

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 01-13-20, 08:09 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk + High Reps upper body and abs premix. I always forget that Cathe doesn't include back exercises in this premix and always have to go back and add them. Pretty annoying.

Gibbee - Ugh about the car. Just one more thing to deal with!

Vannie - I hope you don't get too much snow.

Hi to Karjoy and Cher.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 09:13 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Had a horribly busy day at work and had to send several people to the hospital. I’m beat but I did make myself go to Orange Theory after work and that really helped the stress. Went to OT yesterday too. I’m too wiped to catch up but I will catch up and visit more tomorrow, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 09:18 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Gibbee that low impact substitute video was very good! Thanks, Karen
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote