Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-20, 10:19 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Total Max Mixers - Week of January 5

Good morning all!

Check in: I tried PHA 3 (OK, SB PHA or PHA Step) 1A and 1B to give it a whirl. I like it and I don't. Definitely more cardio effect! I think I will do it again and perhaps do the first half or the second half or maybe make my own premix on the blender. I don't know. I want to try the new PHA on Live but haven't had time to preview it yet.

Probably won't go see Star Wars today. DH is feeling pretty crappy post-IVIG this time. We now remember some of the side effects from last year. So he's probably down for the count. I am not upset. I am so extremely tired lately that I don't care. I'm behind on everything and that's OK too - for now.

Karen: I have a conference in Feb at Amelia Island. It will be cool but looks nice.

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-20, 09:13 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off Gibbee. I did PHA 3 today too. I thought it was pretty tough and I agree it really got your heart rate up. Gibbee, thankfully 2A and 2B seemed a little easier and a hair shorter. I can easily see just doing the 1s and 2s as 2 separate workouts.

Anyone done Step Sync yet?

Gibbee sorry about DH feeling poorly after the IVIG treatments but maybe you both can rest anyway.

Waves to all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 07:16 AM  
Cher

I tried to do some “house walking” on Saturday. Ugh, so boring. I did manage to stick with it for about 30 minutes while listening to a podcast. Afterwards, I did my PT exercises and stretches. Yesterday took down Christmas decorations & tree. Only did some PT stretches.

Gibbee - I want to get back to my workouts. I think maybe tomorrow I may try to do some upper body stuff. I don’t see why I couldn’t do something like that as long as I’m careful and don’t pull on my my low back or hips. Sorry DH is feeling so crappy again.

Karen -I’ve done most of Step Sync but not all out with it. I loved it and can’t wait to be able to do it the way I want. I’m also really curious about IMAX 4 and want to try that. PHA 3 not so much. Not normally a fan of PHA workouts.

Waves JBliff & Vannie!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 09:06 AM  
Vantreesta

We went to see Star Wars on Saturday after we got groceries. I loved it. Yesterday I packed up all the Christmas stuff, now we just have the Tetris game of getting all the tubs back in the closet. It's funny that it will be put away before the Halloween tubs!

Gibbee, I'm sorry your DH isn't feeling well and you are so run down. I hope you can have some rest time soon. If you don't mind my asking, what type of job do you have that has you traveling so much? Are you feeling all healed up after your fall?

Karen, I'm thinking about an 8k trail race next month. I've wanted to do it for several years so hopefully it works out. My hip hurt Friday after I ran so some of it will depend on that and what my doctor says after my appt this week.

Cheryl, you should have called your sister while you did your house walk!

Waved to JBliff!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 09:32 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Vannie: I am in business development at a utility. Travel is occasional, thankfully.

Cher: I know you are chomping at the bit to give those step workouts their full due!

Karen: Don't know if you saw my answer on last week's check in, but Tate presses are pretty awesome.

Check in: Rev'd Up Rumble

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 01-07-20, 07:09 AM  
Cher

Went to PT yesterday. They gave me more exercises so now it’s at least starting to feel more like I’m doing something. She said my piriformis on my right side is still really tight. At least I’m feeling better most the time.

Vannie - I got a good laugh about you saying to call my sister while house walking! I did think about calling my mom or my sister that day but they were both gone. . Glad to hear you loved Star Wars.

Waves to everyone!
Old 01-07-20, 10:08 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I took a rest day yesterday and today ran 3.5 miles with my group. I haven’t been running a lot of road miles but my Orange Theory treadmill intervals
are keeping my aerobic fitness at a decent level.

Cher I have done house walking at times. Yes it is boring and I do feel silly but hey, it’s exercise. Glad your PT is going well and you are getting more exercises.
I forgot to tell you I have been practicing Party Rockin Step, the one with harder choreography. I leave the step at 4” and go slow.

Vannie I hear mixed reviews on Star Wars. Either love or hate and not much in between. Guess DH and I need to see for ourselves. Gosh that 8K trail run sounds fun! Hope you get the ok from
your doc.

Waves to Jbliff and Gibbee. Out of time, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 10:15 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Cher: I giggled when I read Vannie's comment. I might have suggested the same. How's Joseph doing?

Vannie: I replied to your question in GD about Lauren's swings.

Karen: Are you and Chris doing Jersey this year?

Check in: Long night (DH up and down all night) so hit snooze one too many times. Ended up doing the warm up from ramped up upper body and then a push/pull/legs circuit (sumo squats, double arm dumbbell rows, tate presses) for 3 sets of 15 reps. In and out in under 15 minutes total.

Waves to JBliff!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 01-08-20, 07:40 AM  
Cher

PT exercises twice yesterday....morning and evening.

Karen - Great job with Party Rockin Step #1!

Gibbee - You’re so good about getting in a workout.
Old 01-08-20, 07:54 AM  
Vantreesta

I get so behind! My check ins have always been a month-long thread so I have a harder time not missing smthg on a weekly thread. Hopefully I'll get better at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post

Vannie - Glad you enjoyed your time with your family. What is loom knitting? That sounds sort of fun. I started to crochet an Afghan 2 winters ago and got a little over halfway and never finished. I really should pull it out now that it’s cold out and try to finish it this winter!
I have never really seen any of the Star Wars movies! I remember going to see the first one when it came out in the 70’s. I was 15 years old and remember everyone talking about it and saying how good it was so we decided to go. I was bored and fell asleep during it. I keep thinking now that Disney World has all the Star Wars stuff I should try to watch it again before I go so I understand it before my next Disney trip. I wonder if now that I’m older I will “get it” more or if it’s still just not my thing.
Cheryl, here's a link to the knitting looms for hats https://www.joann.com/boye-round-loom-set/7828056.html. I also have a long straight set for scarves. I find it fun and kind of addictive and it keeps my hands busy so I don't eat! I've never tried anything large like an afghan. I crochet scarves, potholders and dishcloths and loom knit the hats and now can do scarves on it. Many years ago I did crochet squares for an afghan but got sidetracked and never finished. Such is life!

Hard to say if you'd like Star Wars now. If you don't like sci-fi stuff then I would guess not. We've always loved it.

Glad PT is helping. Caroline Jordan on YouTube posted a video this week of the best stretches for sciatica. I haven't watched it yet but can post the link if you want to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karjoy View Post
Vannie good to see you back! Sounds like you had nice holidays. Good for you for doing some running too. Most of us in my group do intervals at least some of the time. Do you usually participate I the VF NY marathon? Sounds like fun!
I like doing that planning stuff too.
Karen, I have done the VF NY exercise marathon for a few years now, maybe 5. I like being a part of someone on VF working out every hour throughout NY Day. I did midnight (my time) the first couple years bc I loved the idea of it being the first thing I did at the start of the year, but it only really worked well the first year. Now I take a time slot later in the day. I'm still awake late but not so into the working out part once I'm burritoed into my blanket on the couch! Yesterday I bought the soft weight plate set mentioned in the GD after someone suggested using them in a pack. I don't have the money for the rucking equipment so I'm going to just try this. There are 3 plates, 5#, 8# and 10#. I think I'll alternate my treadmill hills using my 10# Cathe vest one day and the weights in my small pack the next time. Hopefully with the different weight distribution it will be helpful.

Gibbee, that sounds like a high pressure job. I hope it's enjoyable. Thanks for the answer on the swings. I had meant to ask over the wknd so I could do the challenge for that day on Monday but I ended up just skipping it for the day. Now I know what to do for today.

Waves to JBliff!

Monday I started race training with wk3 day1 pf the 10k trainer app. 5 minute warmup walk, two rounds of jog 90 sec, walk 90 sec, jog 3 min, walk 3 min then 5 minute cooldown walk for a total of 2.24 mi. Real feel was 20. My vest kept my torso comfortable but my arms were kind of cold so I pulled out a winter tech shirt for my next run. If that doesn't cut it I'll wear one of my jackets. After my run I did the 10 minute hips fix from Jill Miller's YTU Lower Body series, day 4 of Lee Holden's Qi Gong 30-Day Challenge, floor toning and floor stretch from Essentrics and YFR post-run practice. My hip felt better that night than it did after the shorter run on Friday so I don't know if it was the YTU and Essentrics or if it just was going to feel better anyway. It didn't hurt at all while I was in AZ so as weird as it sounds, I'm glad it has hurt again since I got home since I have the appt for it!

Monday I got the Christmas tubs put away and some general housework. Yesterday I had to run to Walmart and knew I wouldn't go if I waited so I did it right after our 4-mile walk and then never ended up working out. Not happy about that. I did look through the rest of the misc tubs and only have the one of books left to deal with. Hoping to get through that today and then hubby can put all that away for me.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote