Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-18, 12:26 PM  
Hsim

If you could only buy one Cathe series, which one would you buy?

I would like to buy one complete series by Cathe and would love to know which ones are your favorites.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 12:37 PM  
Garrie A.

I'd narrow it down to two: the Body Blast series, followed by the Intensity series. Body Blast has six workouts on three DVDs:

-Step, Jump & Pump/Step Blast
-Kick, Punch & Crunch/Legs & Glutes
-Supersets/Pushpull

You get so much variety with this set: step, a step workout followed by a hi-lo circuit, kickboxing, an intense lower body workout, and two full-body weight workouts under one hour.

The Intensity series also consists of six workouts on three DVDs:
-Pyramid Upper Body + Pyramid Lower Body
-Boot Camp + Muscle Endurance
-IMAX 2 + Cardio & Weights

Cardio & Weights is my favorite Cathe circuit of all time. You also get an interval step workout (IMAX 2), a full-body circuit focusing on building stamina (Boot Camp), a light weight/high rep full body workout (Muscle Endurance), and the very versatile Pyramid DVD.

Both series are Cathe at her best, IMHO. And both series include lots of premixes!

Plus I'd get Muscle Max from the Hardcore series.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Joyce Vedral "Mix-It-Up" Rotation

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 01:05 PM  
bubbles76

I was going to say Xtrain or 4DS, but Garrie makes some excellent points I think I would go with the Intensity Series unless you really like step. Then go with the Body Blast series.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 01:59 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Intensity series! It covers all the bases, has great music, and excellent premixes.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 02:07 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

Strong and sweaty

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 02:16 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
I'd narrow it down to two: the Body Blast series, followed by the Intensity series. Body Blast has six workouts on three DVDs:

-Supersets/Pushpull

You get so much variety with this set: step, a step workout followed by a hi-lo circuit, kickboxing, an intense lower body workout, and two full-body weight workouts under one hour.

Cardio & Weights is my favorite Cathe circuit of all time. You also get an interval step workout (IMAX 2), a full-body circuit focusing on building stamina (Boot Camp), a light weight/high rep full body workout (Muscle Endurance), and the very versatile Pyramid DVD.

Both series are Cathe at her best, IMHO. And both series include lots of premixes!

All this!
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 02:20 PM  
clerkin11

I like her older stuff, but I'm a bigger fan of her newer series. My favorites for all around versatility and great workouts are XTrain, ICE and Strong & Sweaty. I hope to add Fit Split, but I haven't tried it yet.
Also, I think it depends on how much you like her step workouts.
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 03:04 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerkin11 View Post
I like her older stuff, but I'm a bigger fan of her newer series. My favorites for all around versatility and great workouts are XTrain, ICE and Strong & Sweaty. I hope to add Fit Split, but I haven't tried it yet.
Also, I think it depends on how much you like her step workouts.
I’m with clerkin on this. XTrain is my favorite Cathe system of all time. I love ICE too. XTrain & ICE are more versatile and balanced between moderate and high intensity. Can’t go wrong with any of Cathe’s series but I prefer the more recent workouts.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 03:25 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post

-Supersets/Pushpull

I agree!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 05:32 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I like the ICE series as you can start intermediate and progress as much as you would like. I thought Cathe was really innovative with this one.
The main workout is int. and then there is the additional blast workout on the same disk to make it more advanced. Love this set.

My next choice would be either ripped with hiit or intensity.