Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-23-20, 04:58 PM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of February 23

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was a long walk in town with DH. The weather was awesome--upper 50s and sunny--so we couldn't resist.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 05:20 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff we posted at the same time! I will direct everyone to go to your thread. Heh heh. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 06:08 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by karjoy View Post
Hi everyone! We are having a lovely Sunday here. It is about 70 degrees and sunny. I have done a little yard work, mainly weeding which is a truly never ending job here.

This morning was a beautiful trail run. 8 miles of run/walk intervals. It was a beautiful trail I have not been on in some time. It was 34 degrees at the start but warmed up fast. Yesterday I rucked about 7 miles with the ruck crew and the did an easy 2.7 mile run when I got home.

Jbliff have you done anything out doors this weekend? I hope your weather is as beautiful as ours.

Vannie any runs this weekend? I forgot to ask you if you have access to a treadmill at a gym or home, since you have very cold weather to contend with at times.

Gibbee and Cher I am thinking of you both!
Kareng
Karen, I do have a treadmill. I don't enjoy running on it but am so grateful I have it for when the roads aren't clear enough to be safe! This week is going to be busy so I'm not sure if I'll get in any runs or not. I failed miserably at one of my Feb goals. I had planned to jump rope 3x a week and have only done it one day total! I really enjoyed it but just haven't made it a priority.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 07:34 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was another long walk in town and Fit Split Pull Day (weight portion only).

We had another spectacular weather day yesterday (60 degrees and sunny).

Karjoy - Wow, I can't believe you're weeding already!

Vannie - I can imagine with your cold weather that the treadmill would be a great thing to have. Don't you have an elliptical too?

Waves to all. Have a great day.
Old 02-24-20, 05:19 PM  
Vantreesta

JBliff, yes, I have an elliptical too. I truly have not made good use of it so far but I hope to improve.

I have been laid out flat all day with what I think is a really bad case of vertigo. I hope that's all it is and not the flu. My stomach was only upset this morning when I was first trying to get up and make it to the bathroom. I can move any part of my body just fine except my head. I was originally stuck on the floor so my sacrum is hurting badly. I was able to get on the bed about an hour ago.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-24-20, 06:29 PM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, praying the thyroid biopsy went well.

Old 02-24-20, 09:26 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Vannie: I hope you are feeling better! So scary! I bet you're right - either vertigo or inner ear infection.

Cher: Hope the biopsy went well. Thinking of you.

Karen: Sometimes when you say you went to OT I forget and think, now why is she going to occupational therapy?

JBliff: We finally had temps over 50 Sunday but today the rain and chilly weather came rolling in. Blah.

Check in: Worked out this evening after DH pushed me to do it. I did Raw Strength day 1 (back/biceps)

This week is super busy... he has infusion today/tomorrow and medical appts Wednesday and then I will be traveling Thur - Sun for a training class. I'm still wiped out from my post-cold hanging on.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 07:12 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical and the standing poses segment from AM Yoga for Your Week.

Gibbee - Good to hear from you. It's raining today and tomorrow here but we're still in the 50s so I'll take it.

Cher - I hope everything went well at the doctor's.

Vannie - I hope you are feeling better today.

Hi to Karjoy. Have a great day, everyone.
Old 02-25-20, 08:55 AM  
Cher

Here’s what I posted yesterday on on the thread Karen started:

I’m getting my thyroid biopsy today so I can’t have anything to eat or drink after 6:30 am. I did get up at 6:00 so I could get one cup of coffee in. Lol

Saturday’s workout was a Leslie Walk (forget which one it is called) and Cathe’s upper body exercises from Total Body Sculpting. Hip was bothering me again yesterday and it was nice out so I went for about a 30 minute walk...(at least I thought it was going to be nice out but there was actually more of a cold wind than I thought.

Karen - Sounds weird hearing you say you were weeding already. Nice outside activities!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 09:06 AM  
Cher

Biopsy ended up being a bigger pain than I was expecting. I had 3 nodules total on my thyroid. Last time my doctor ordered they biopsy 2 of the nodules which they did. One biopsy came back good the other was to be redone in 2 months which was yesterday. When I got there, since the nodule they had to do again was so close to another nodule (the 3rd one that my doctor didn’t order a biopsy on) this doctor ended up doing a biopsy on both! Ugh, holy cow! Between the numbing needles and the biopsy needles, I ended up with 15 needles being poked in me yesterday. Now I have a nice bruise on my throat too.

Going to try to do some type of workout today.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote