Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-18-20, 03:26 PM  
Cher

Thanks Vannie. I think I understand what you are saying. I did end up taking an Aleve this morning which helped.

Workout this morning was Leslie’s Green & Yellow Miles.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 04:10 PM  
Vantreesta

Glad the Aleve helped, Cheryl. That's my go to for joint and muscle pain too. And you got in a workout, woohoo!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 09:04 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. I ran 6 miles with some people from our group this am. Almost all of us had raced over the weekend so we took it slow thank heavens.

Vannie I like the description of that first exercise where you lie on your side with hips and knees bent. I am going to try that tonight. I have not had a dog as a pet in some time, but 60# sounds about perfect. I guess walking/running around a track would be boring after a while for Cyric.

Nice hike Jbliff. Sounds wonderful. Glad it warmed up but the 40s felt good at the start I bet. I noticed you have often used Rodney Yee.

Cher I get tired of doing my PT back exercises too, but boy I pay for it if I skip a few days. Ugh...

Hi Gibbee! Miss you, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 10:06 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

JB:The girls at work think I am crazy for using Target's drive-up service so much since I lose out on step counts... but I save $$$ on needless stuff and lately ours is undergoing a big remodel. Can't wait 'til it's finished.

Cher:Mine comes and goes, too. I find too much sitting in conference room chairs does not help me - or sitting with one leg always crossed over the other when I get restless.

Vannie: I think I understand what you're describing. My PT had me do the back and forth motion with my feet on the mat, knees bent.

Karen: I love Target runs, but my DH doesn't like me to be gone for long. Mixed bag...

Check in: Lite pyramid upper body up yesterday, lite pyramid lower body up today (no elevated lunges or calf raises) Heart rate soared high during the leg workout. Guess I'm getting soft. LOL!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 10:32 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Rev'd Up Rumble and the extended stretch.

Gibbee
- I totally understand the desire to resist temptation! I'm always leaving the store with way more stuff than was on my list.

It looks like we're all dealing some aches and pains these days. My right hip has been bothering me too, hence the extra stretching. I'm hoping the warmer weather will arrive soon and help us all out a bit.

Waves to everyone. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 03:28 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, if you did that stretch last night, what did you think? I think I should do it every night before bed. 60# really is the perfect size dog for me. I prefer bigger dogs instead of small ones but I need them to be a weight I can lift. When D'Argo was so sick at the end and had to be hospitalized he couldn't stand, let alone walk, and I had to carry him to my car to go to the vet. More than 60# of dog would be tough for me. Partly strength but also being 5'2" is limiting when you're not talking about a bag or a compact box!

Gibbee, I always think that chugging move would feel nice with a small ball placed at each SI joint. I feel like YTU balls might be too big or firm. The Taebo balls from years ago that look like tomatoes seem like they would be perfect. I honestly can't remember if I've tried it or not though!

JBliff, did you injure your hip or is it just tight from use? My piriformis is tight today. I guess I really got in there with the butterfly bridges last night and didn't stretch it out enough. I should have rolled it some.

We finally got in a 4 mile walk today. Felt fantastic! We've hardly walked the last few days.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-19-20, 08:17 PM  
Cher

Workout this morning was Cathe Upper Body Add On from her Basic Step dvd and went to PT this afternoon.

Since I’ve been feeling pretty good for the last 10 days other than a few minor pains here and there, I’m now going to be released from PT. Yay! They said if it bothers me to come back within 3 weeks and I can just continue back on. If it’s over 3 weeks, I would have to go back to my doctor for another prescription for PT. I can do leg workouts 2 - 3 times a week (start slow), and she said don’t just do lunges and squats. That I should incorporate some floor work on a regular basis (like what I did in PT.....glute raises, clam shells, leg lifts, etc). And, of course, keep up with my stretches everyday and preferably at least a couple times a day. Also, use my therapy balls or foam roller once or twice a day,

Vannie - Do you have a TENS unit (electrical stimulation unit)? The physical therapist told me to get on of those too since that seemed to help a lot at PT. I ordered one off Amazon for $34. Great walk today!

Gibbee -I’ve definitely gotten soft.

JBliff - Bummer about your hip. Hope it starts feeling better.

Karen - That’s nice that your group of runners all wanted to take it slow yesterday.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 09:59 PM  
Vantreesta

https://youtu.be/gIhCuqtC0r0

I thought this was a good video from Athlean-X about ab exercises that don't overwork the hip flexors.

Cheryl, I do have a TENS unit. For me it's like the heating pad, it works temporarily but doesn't really eliminate the pain. But it definitely helps when the pain is acute!

Old 02-20-20, 03:29 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was RwH Chest, Shoulders & Triceps no finishers premix, even though I added in a couple of finishers for triceps. I also did 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Vannie - My hip started hurting the day after we did our hike and I'm not sure why. I felt fine during the hike. It is better today.

Cher - That's great news about PT! I bought a TENS for DH when he hurt his back. He said it didn't do much for him, but it may just be the type of injury he had. What helped him the most was icing his back.

Waves to Gibbee and Karjoy.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 10:35 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: went to OT last 2 nights. Probably gonna run after work tomorrow.
We are having a cold spell again. Will be down to 40 tonight and maybe 30 tomorrow night. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote