Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-20, 01:18 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Tonight I pulled out Cathe Cardio Kicks, year 2000. It was fun, pretty hard so I took some breaks and did some low impact moves in place of the high impact. I remember not really liking it when I got it because at the time I was taking kickboxing classes at a gym that had far more complex choreography and were way more fun. I liked the drills at the end and I felt very accomplished when I was done.

Kim

I just recieved this but haven't done it yet. Glad to read your input.
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 09:07 AM  
buffmama

Crunch The Next Step - good music, upbeat, colorful, happy time.
Old 02-06-20, 02:38 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Crunch The Next Step - good music, upbeat, colorful, happy time.
^^ +1

Love that workout

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 11:06 AM  
sherry7899

Today was a mixture of oldies:

Sara Ivanhoe Power Beauty Sweat from her 20 minute makeover dvd set. I don't think I've ever done this one! I think the word "power" scared me off
I had to modify a bit, but I really enjoyed it. The scenery is lovely. I will do another practice from the set this week for sure. It wasn't power yoga at all, which is probably what I had thought from the title. There is balance work, which I love.

Donna Richardson Old School Dance Party-I did twenty minutes of this and liked it enough to keep it and do more of it. It is odd that she breaks down the simpler steps but does not really break down the fewer fast moving steps. She is upbeat and positive as always, and the live music is great

Brazilian Dance Workout-Vanessa Isaac-I bought this when it came out, got rid of it (forgot why) and found it at my library sale for fifty cents and bought it. Now I remember why I got rid of it-very long slow warmup, TIFT'ing and the same live drum (and normally I love live drums) pattern OVER and OVER. That didn't last long.

I also tried a Jessica Smith walking workout, which has convinced me that m body really does hate walking workouts now. My hip flexors and lower back tightened up within five minutes. Oh, well.....I can do walking online workouts because she doesn't do nearly as much walking in place, but any other walking workouts are pretty much out for me.

I ended up with 35 minutes of cardio. I usually do longer cardio, but I feel like I'm getting a cold, so I stopped.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 11:19 AM  
sherry7899

I did Gin Miller's Aerostep on the floor this morning. What a blast from the past! I can't remember the last time I used this one. I don't do step anymore. It was fairly easy to adapt to the floor, except for the last cardio block. I kind of faked it It was fun to work out with Gin again. I really appreciate her thorough warm ups and cool downs.

Sherry

Old 02-14-20, 12:07 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I did Gin Miller's Aerostep on the floor this morning. What a blast from the past! I can't remember the last time I used this one. I don't do step anymore. It was fairly easy to adapt to the floor, except for the last cardio block. I kind of faked it It was fun to work out with Gin again. I really appreciate her thorough warm ups and cool downs.

Sherry
I'm glad you reminded me about her warmups...I will pull those out to use with other step workouts. Good warmups are a premium IMHO.

Love it when a workout is adaptable and is fun! Good for you!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 12:31 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:

Sherry
I agree, that one is really fun! It's not too brutal, good music and production value.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 03:26 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did Mega Step Blast from 1994 (I think) and Legs and Abs from Pure Strength (1999?). I enjoyed both of them. MSB has enough choreography (and it's broken down so very easy to follow IMHO) that the time went by quickly. The only downside is a bit too much whooping, but since it's so old I didn't let it bother me. That's why the last Peak Cardio Express workout annoyed me since Michele did one too many high pitched whoops for my taste, and it's not that old. But I digress.

I really liked the Pure Strength workouts in general since they are done at a slower pace and allows more time in between for changing weights and/or stretching. I had originally planned to not do the whole Legs/Abs workout (since I don't normally do dedicated abs), but the time went by so quickly that I did the whole workout, including the abs.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 01:23 PM  
sherry7899

I did all of Petra Kolber's 3-2-1 Dance this morning. It was either my first time doing it, or I did it years ago and forgot She is a very endearing instructor. The workout has blocks of cardio that you learn separately, and then there is the option to string them together at the end, which I did. I modified some of the pivots and turns. My knees don't care for them. I enjoyed the music.

My only complaint which is far too common in dance workouts is that they spend too much time showing Petra's upper half and not her feet.

I will definitely do this one again. I pulled out her Bootcamp Boogie, Just Dance and Elegant Strength to do soon.

Sherry

Old 02-15-20, 02:13 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
... I really liked the Pure Strength workouts in general since they are done at a slower pace and allows more time in between for changing weights and/or stretching. I had originally planned to not do the whole Legs/Abs workout (since I don't normally do dedicated abs), but the time went by so quickly that I did the whole workout, including the abs.
I think Pure Strength is still one of Cathe's best sets!

Quote:
I did all of Petra Kolber's 3-2-1 Dance this morning....
The other day, I did one of Petra's workouts she did with George Foreman, Walk It Off With George: Circuit Walk (2004). It's a nice change from Leslie Sansone. Petra seems like a real sweetie!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts