Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-20, 07:06 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post

Cheryl, I can't tell you how many times your signature line has given me a push to get moving!
Vannie - LOL! You crack me up! Glad to be of help! I wish the line worked to motivate me more. Hope doing the traction helps your hip.

Yesterday I did Leslie’s 2 Mile Burn Body Fat and Caroline Jordan’s Sciatic Nerve Exercises on YouTube then a few more PT exercises that weren’t in the video and more stretches. After doing this, my hip felt good for the whole day surprisingly. Not sure if it was the exercises or just luck since I didn’t feel to bad to start with. Surprisingly still feeling pretty good this morning too. I’m afraid to say it’s getting better after just one day though so we’ll see.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 07:26 AM  
JBliff

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was LITE Pyramid full upper body.

Cher
- I'm glad you are feeling better.

Waves to all. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 07:27 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Drive by:HI! Hope everyone is doing well. Still fighting this stupid cold and trying to keep my head above water at home and work. Would rather sleep all day. Workouts have either been a short walk and PT or no workout at all. Feel like a total slob.

Any big plans for Valentine's Day?

Will check in again later. Waves to all!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 10:30 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: Orange Theory tonight and a 5 mile run yesterday am. Cher, glad you are feeling better with your hip. Night all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 12:25 AM  
Vantreesta

Just PT tonight. I added banana pose. Ahhhhhh, so good! I did do psoas release and hip traction before the exercises.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 06:15 AM  
Cher

Still feeling pretty good regarding my hip. Yay! Yesterday I did Jenny Ford’s Mt. Rushmore Step Across America, the upper body portion of Cathe’s Total Body Sculpting. Then went to PT in the afternoon.

Gibbee - Your workouts sound about like mine lately. No Valentines Day plans here. Darrell has to work that night.....not like we would have done anything anyway. Lol. Plus we’re going to be a whopping high of 20 degrees tomorrow. Brrr! I guess I shouldn’t complain since we’ve had a pretty mild winter here so far. (Knock on wood). I Hope you start feeling better.

Vannie - What is banana pose? Sounds interesting. They had me do traction again yesterday at PT.

Waves Karen & JBliff.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 09:21 AM  
Vantreesta

https://yourpaceyoga.com/blog/postur...h-banana-pose/

Cheryl, here's a link to one description of banana pose. Jill does it in the YTU lower body series, 10 min quick fix for lower back. It felt great doing it in that but then I forgot about it till I was reading more about the QLs yesterday so I'm adding it to my PT routine. I hadn't seen the supported side variation but think I will add it. I know how good it feels doing leg stretch #3 (revolved hamstring stretch) with my hip on a block so this should feel fantastic!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-13-20, 07:50 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was MMA Boxing.

Cher, Vannie - I'm glad to hear you both are doing better.

Gibbee - Bummer about the cold. Did you ever get the MRI for your head? DH and I haven't done anything for Valentine's Day for quite a while and tomorrow promises to be quite cold so we'll probably just relax at home.

Hi to Karjoy. Have a great evening, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 08:43 PM  
Vantreesta

Tonight Cyric and I finished week 1 of ZR5k, 2.54 min 34 min. His heart wasn't in it tonight. You know how some people run with an open parachute behind them for resistance? Yeah...Cyric was my parachute. I dropped him off at the house after the intervals again.

I'm thinking of doing a 5 mile trail run in August.

Cheryl, I hope the fact that your hip is feeling better means the PT is paying off. Glad you can get back to your workouts.

Gibbee, I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like life has you really run down. I hope you'll get a break soon.

JBliff, I think I have Cathe's MMA Boxing but I can't remember for sure.

Howdy, Karen!

Old 02-14-20, 09:24 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hey guys. Glad it is Friday. It was a busy week. Rest day for me as I am
doing a 12K race in am. It will be in the low 40s, always a bonus for distance runners because we heat up fast. Last night I went to OT.

Gosh I’m so glad you are both feeling better Vannie and Cher. Gosh it is hard to be patient when you are injured. And sometimes it just feels like it takes forever to improve.

Vannie a 2.54 mile run in 34 minutes is great! We have great trail runs down here in Fl. And the shady trails are blessedly a few degrees cooler in the summer. Is it true you are having brutally cold weather up your way?

Jbliff we’re old and tired and we didn’t do anything for Valentine’s either.

Gibbee I’m thinking of you, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote