Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-20, 05:05 PM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of January 26

My workout yesterday was a 50-minute walk.

So sad to hear of Kobe Bryant and his 13-year old daughter dying in a plane crash today.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 05:10 PM  
Vantreesta

Oh my gosh! I hadn't heard this! That's so sad!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 08:13 AM  
Cher

Saturday I decided to try a Leslie 1 Mile Walk to see if I could modify the marching enough and it was doable. I tried to sort of walk in place which worked but then I’d catch myself wanting to march more so I sort of did the forward and back walk she does sometimes and then walked around my basement sort of when she was just marching in place. I subbed heel digs or kickbacks when she was doing knee lifts.

Vannie - (LOL Jillian), that made me laugh! Yes, I know I need to figure a way to make this work (and get off my butt) and walk outside or something or ride my stupid stationary bike later in the day. I have some dvd of Jillians that uses those balls. I’m not sure if it’s that one or not. I will have to dig it out and see which one it is. I also have her book but haven’t even read it.

JBliff - No malls closer than 30 minutes away. I have gone to Meijer or Kroger and walked up and down isles and around the inside perimeter to get steps but I feel weird doing that especially at Kroger. Lol.

Yes, very sad about Kobe.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 08:46 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was RwH Back, Shoulders & Biceps + core.

Cher
- LOL, it would be slightly strange to be wondering the aisles of a grocery store for an hour.

Hi to everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 09:18 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, I'm glad you took that the way I meant it! I can see feeling funny wandering around but honestly when I go to Walmart it ends up taking like an hour sometimes and I never even realize it!

We were visiting my in-laws this wknd so nothing to report. I did my exercises once on Saturday but never did do them yesterday. I haven't been the best about doing them twice a day like she said, but I have done at least once every day but the Sundays.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-27-20, 06:24 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi everyone. Sorry I missed the past 2 days. Time just caught up with me.

So very sad about Kobe Bryan, his daughter, and everyone killed in the helicopter crash. Just heartbreaking.

I ran 6 miles yesterday with a couple friends using 2 minute run, 30 second walk intervals. It was about 34 degrees but we were layered so did fine. Rest day today.

Jbliff and Cher and Vannie, I cracked up at the thought of you, Cher, walking up
and down the aisles of a grocery store! I have a friend who is a Target general manager and they do notice people who spend an extra long time in the store! Maybe you could get a hand basket and get a few things while you are walking.
I gave lots of patients who are mall walkers.

Howdy Gibbee! I miss you.

Night all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 06:43 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

HI all! Thank you for the birthday wishes last week! We didn't do much for my birthday, but I did get my free starbucks coffee and had pizza and wings for dinner! (No wonder my waistline isn't going away! LOL!)

Things have been crazy busy at home and at work. DH started a 2 day push this week and I had to haggle with the specialty pharmacy over a mistake they made and ended up spending nearly 70% of DH's Rx deductible yesterday just to get the meds shipped that they forgot. Sheesh... On top of his two day push I have back to back to back to back meetings both days. Poor guy has to wait on me to get a break between meetings to go pick him up. I hope today's meeting is out by noon so he's not there for a long time after finishing up.

Head is doing OK. I had a horrible horrible headache the morning after my hair cut last Thursday. The doctor things I actually have whiplash since I still have neck pain and stiffness. The spot on my head is less tender but if I put much pressure on it, I start another headache.

I tried to catch up this morning on your posts, but I am reading so fast I missed a lot. Workouts are hit and miss - more miss than hit. I have decided to use DH's infusion days as 2 consecutive rest days each month. Maybe I'm being lazy, but I figure it's a forced rest.

Cher - Hope PT is going OK. The PT for my SI joint is glute and core. I need it, I know, but I haven't been doing it as much as I should.

Karen - I plan to be in Jersey in July to maybe go to Live and see KCM.

Vannie - Hope everything is going well for you.

JBliff - I passed on a trip to DC in late April... sure wish I could have gone. I'd like to go out east again sometime.

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-20, 07:08 AM  
Cher

Yesterday I went to PT, did a lot of stretching off and on throughout the day and Leslie’s 10 Minute Light Walk modified.

JBliff - It is easier to wonder the aisles of Meijer since it’s a lot bigger than a grocery store (if you don’t have them there, Meijer is more like a Walmart).

Vannie - I’m not good about doing my PT exercises twice a day either but I do make sure to do them at least once everyday except Sunday too. She has me using 3 lb. leg weights now so I don’t know if I should still be doing them twice a day still anyway. (She said that when I was using no weight). I suppose I should asK them and try to do them twice if I should be so I can get stronger quicker. I do tend to do the stretches a lot of times throughout the day. I’m also going to try to make a point of not sitting to long at one time and get up often a walk around. I really think when I sit for a long time it just makes it worse. And I’m trying to use the therapy balls or foam roller twice a day unless it’s really sore.

Karen - Wow, 34 is pretty chilly for down there! I wish we had a mall closer.

Gibbee - Good to see you popping in. What a hassle about DH’s meds and those darn headaches you are dealing with. Good idea to just take the pressure off yourself and use DH infusion days as rest days. You’ll stress yourself out less that way and maybe can relax a little about it.
Old 01-28-20, 01:31 PM  
Vantreesta

We have gorgeous frosted trees today. One of my favorite things (among many) about winter!

Today was my last PT session. I plan to keep up with the exercises daily through Feb and reassess frequency after that. Yesterday I did the first workout from Zumba Country. I didn't remember doing this before but the shrinkwrap was off so I looked back and found I did it in Oct 2016. I'm cleaning more this week, doing a lot of laundry and have support group this afternoon so I doubt I will get in a workout today, just my exercises.

Cheryl, sitting too much is bad for us anyway but especially for piriformis, hamstring and SI issues.

Gibbee, my head spins at all you have going on! I hope you can have some down time. I think declaring DH's infusion days as rest days is a fantastic idea.

Karen, it bums me out that I have to work back up to 6 miles now. I mostly took Nov and Dec off bc of busyness but also to see if my hip would improve but it stinks to have to build back up.

JBliff, I plan on giving my elliptical some more love in March!

Old 01-29-20, 07:13 AM  
Cher

Finally figured out a little cardio I can do. Yesterday I did the first 20 minutes of Jenny Ford’s Newport Step but with no step. So it’s basically just stepping forward and back and not up and down. I think if I do basic step like this it would be okay. It doesn’t get my heart rate up a lot but at least it’s moving and I feel like I’m at least doing something. After doing that I did my PT exercises and my stretches. Then of course, stretches throughout the day.

Vannie - I wish I had your love of winter! I don’t ever remember hearing about Zumba Country? How was it?

Waves to everyone!