Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-20, 07:26 AM  
Cher

Pretty much just did some stretches on Sunday since my hip was a little sore. Yesterday was PT and some more stretches last night.

Vannie - The only kind of balls of have are the therapy balls. I just use a rubber children’s play ball for some of my exercises. I do have a couple different size weighted balls. I wonder if that would work on the floor??? I would say PRS #1 is Cathe’s most complex step workout. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing Sunday.

Gibbee - What a pain about DD car battery. We had all 3 of ours go a couple years ago one right after the other. Hopefully we’re good for a while. Thanks for that link! I’m saving that one for sure!

JBliff - That irritates me about that premix too.

Karen - I hope you have a better day today!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 07:48 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Did everyone see Cathe's announcement about her new series? I will preorder this one for sure.

Have a great evening.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 10:32 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Jbliff I am so excited about Cathe’s new 30 minute series! I will preorder as soon as I can. I know a lot of us have asked for this.

Tonight I went to OT again as I missed my early am run this morning.

Night all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 06:49 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was PT exercises, the upper body add-on from Cathe’s Basic Step dvd, and the Chair Stretch from Step Boss set.

JBliff - I did see Cathe’s announcement. I’m sure I will preorder. I like the sounds of the pump one. I love the sound of 30 minutes. The Hiit one.....blah. I’m not really sure what I think of the other one.
Old 01-15-20, 11:09 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was LITE Stacked Sets Lower Body + 20 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - I saw someone on Cathe's forum saying they really liked the yoga flow session Cathe did during the road trip. I didn't love Cathe's yoga in the LIS series, so I'm hoping the new one will be more to my liking.

Karjoy
- I do like the idea of a 30-minute workout. I'm sure there will be premixes for those who want to have a longer session.

Gibbee, Vannie - I hope your aches and pains are improving.

Have a great day.
Old 01-16-20, 07:30 AM  
Cher

Went to PT yesterday then did my usual stretching a couple times throughout the day.

JBliff - I’m sure I will end up preordering them anyway since there are only 3 so it doesn’t cost that much.
Old 01-16-20, 09:30 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Boy this has been a tiring week and I’m glad tomorrow is a rest day AND
Friday. I ran about 4 miles this am.

I don’t know if I mentioned this but the Yoga Flow Cathe does at the road trips is
from Les Mills of Body Pump fame. So I assume she has to pay some kind of royalties/licensing fee to Les Mills. It is a fantastic class and my favorite Yoga class I have done. The music is good too.

I’ll have to read more about the new 30 min Cathes but I know I will order.

Cher glad your PT is coming along and you are back to exercising.

It has been unusually warm here, up to about 80 degrees but will get chilly next week.

Jbliff, any big plans for the weekend?

Waves to Gibbee and Vannie, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 08:19 AM  
Cher

Yesterday was Yoga With Adrienne’s Yoga for Sciatica in the morning and PT in the afternoon.

Snowstorm coming in overnight into the day tomorrow. We’re in the 5-7 inch range here.

Karen - Thanks for the info about Cathe’s Yoga Flow.
Old 01-17-20, 10:03 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Party Rockin Step 2 + Rodney Yee's Ultimate Yoga standing poses segment.

Cher - I hope the snow isn't too bad for you. We are going into a cold snap here ourselves, after days of low to mid 70 and 60 degrees, but at least so far no snow in the forecast.

Karjoy - That's great feedback on yoga flow. I wonder if Cathe would be able to do something similar in her video.

Waves to everyone. Have a great day.
Old 01-18-20, 09:07 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Cher: Hope the snow isn't too bad. WE have had ice/sleet for a second time this week. More coming today. Thankfully it warms up a tad between bouts, but it gets dangerous quick. Glad PT is going well.

JB: I already ordered Cathe's newest! I always pre order and figure I can trade off what I don't want, but they usually end up on my shelf anyway. I like the 30 minute time frame but I do hope there are some good premixes. Not sure at all on the yoga one as I don't care for the yoga flow Cathe does. I'm just not able to be on my wrists that much for that long.

Karen: Glad to hear you are doing well.

Vannie: How are you doing?

Check in: Been super busy at home and work. The crappy weather isn't helping much.

Got DD's new battery.... and they (thankfully) pulled a spark plug while checking the electrical system. They called said she was due for her 100k maintenance. I said, no, the other dealership was to have completed that work when we bought it. I called the other dealership and after 3 phone calls I learned they only did the timing belt, water pump and tensioners... I about FLIPPED! After a few more phone calls they agreed to complete the entire 100k maintenance package. We had them over a barrel because I had proof that they did not do it all. That led to two more trips up to Columbia to get it fixed. Ultimately if the AAA truck had had a battery tester and a battery and we had replaced it the other day, we would never have known a thing. Sometimes things work out in the end even when it doesn't feel like it when it is happening.

Workouts are hit and miss. I'm wiped out and still having headaches. Primary care is concerned since they radiate from where I hit my head on the concrete back on 12/16. I did hit where the 3 plates of your skull meet so he said it is sensitive anyway, but is going to order a CT scan to have a look.

Have a great weekend all!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote