Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-29-19, 04:46 PM  
Bearybuff

Vytas Find Your Practice

I was wondering about this usb. Does anyone have it? Is it very slow? Can anyone give me some idea about this product? I really couldn't find anything on it even after googling it.
Bearybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-19, 09:26 PM  
daisyduke

I find vytas practices to be slow and very well cued. They are not easy though. Although this is geared for beginners it may not be as challenging as the ones I’m used to. Probably basic moves in a controlled manner matching the breath. Vytas is one of my favorites, but I’ve never done this practice.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-19, 09:43 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

You can sometimes find some of his practices posted (probably illegally) to YouTube. I tried a few that I really liked, although not necessarily enough to get the whole set.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-19, 03:44 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i have it and like it. i like Vytas a lot.

i wouldn't buy it on usb, though. if you order it from Udaya, email them about getting it on DVD. i bought it when it was first offered on USB. it could only be played on a laptop at the time. there were no downloadable options. they started offering it on DVD-R to customers who owned the USB version.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-19, 06:55 AM  
Richie

Udaya put up a full class on youtube: Stretch 1
https://youtu.be/S6E3VgoCVjQ
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-19, 07:21 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
That's one of the ones I tried and really liked.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-19, 06:51 PM  
adrien_73

Ugh! I just bought the set from Mary during her sale. I assumed it would be mp4s that I could play on my blue ray. Unfortunately it is very clunky to navigate through the folders to find the workout files.

I emailed Udaya to see if they could help remedy the situation...
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 01:40 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
owwwwww. thank you. I like Vytas. thank you, thank you and thank you. this is what I get for being nosey

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 05:47 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i have it and like it. i like Vytas a lot.

i wouldn't buy it on usb, though. if you order it from Udaya, email them about getting it on DVD. i bought it when it was first offered on USB. it could only be played on a laptop at the time. there were no downloadable options. they started offering it on DVD-R to customers who owned the USB version.
I have been trying to get a dvd copy from them for 2 years and have never gotten it yet. Last I heard a couple months ago was they were not getting anymore dvd copies.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 10:50 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
I have been trying to get a dvd copy from them for 2 years and have never gotten it yet. Last I heard a couple months ago was they were not getting anymore dvd copies.
it took them that long to get it on DVD-R to me. did they email you with that info or was that just "word of mouth" regarding the message that they weren't going to do it anymore?

i was interacting via email with their manager. can't recall his name. when i find it, i'll update my post.

EDITED TO ADD:

the quote below came from this thread:

Udaya will put USB workouts on dvd

NOTE - they're DVD-R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I purchased Tony G yoga elementals and Vytas find your practice from Udaya last year. As many of you know, these come in USB format instead of DVD. I have been emailing with Cody Christopherson, VIP sales and customer service and although it took longer than I thought it would, he sent me both sets on DVD. I got them this week and am beyond thrilled. He said if anybody wants them on DVD, just email him and ask. He did not charge me anything to put the sets on DVD.

This is his email to me today: "we can put them on DVD format for customers. Just have them email me. I am also working on converting the USB programs back to DVD format."

His email is cody@udaya.com.

I hope this will help those who are not thrilled with the USB format.

Kim

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deepen your practice, find your practice, vytas, vytas baskauskas