Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-28-19, 09:07 AM  
Sharaz

Men's Health Workouts (2 new)

I came across the first two workouts listed searching Amazon. I believe Superhero Shred is a new release. Superhero Shred and MA40 looks VERY good. I'm pretty sure getting both!
I remember we talked about New Rules of Muscle here a while back.

Please tell me about your experience with these workouts.

https://www.shopetc.com/menshealth?custom_format=39

Superhero Shred
MA40
21 Day Metashred
New Rules of Muscle
Con Body
The Anarchy 10 Workout
The Anarchy Abs
The Anarchy Arms
Riptensity

Thank you
Old 06-28-19, 09:42 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Super Hero Shred looks interesting! I put in the old code below and it still works!

Promo code: Customer25

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-19, 09:53 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Super Hero Shred sounds great (plus only 30 minutes a day)!

After finding this on Amazon and reading reviews, will pass: https://www.amazon.com/Mens-Health-S...gateway&sr=8-2

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-19, 10:07 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Super Hero Shred looks interesting! I put in the old code below and it still works!

Promo code: Customer25

Kathy
Oh Great

Superhero Shred fits well after my current 4 week rotation
Decisions, Decisions...
Old 06-28-19, 10:15 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Super Hero Shred sounds great (plus only 30 minutes a day)!

After finding this on Amazon and reading reviews, will pass: https://www.amazon.com/Mens-Health-S...gateway&sr=8-2
Just read the reviews. Problems with cuing apparently.
I would like to hear from a VFer because SS looks good to me. I have been doing Full Body 4-5 days for the past weeks. This will fits me week before switching to more target muscle lifting.
Old 06-28-19, 10:17 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Oh I like Men's Health workouts!! Thanks Sharaz! Here's my two cents.

I do not have Superhero Shred and MA40 but both look good. SS- Interesting instructor. If he made Hugh Jackman look like he did in Wolverine, the guy knows his stuff.

I noticed the bands in MA40 look like the same bands in BJ Gaddour's MetaShred Extreme. They are good bands. Some of the moves in the little video look similar to what David does in MH60 and that's good. I literally just finished the last two MH60 workouts today. Good stuff.

I have 21 Day Metashred and it is very good. I like it a lot! All 30 minute workouts which I personally prefer to do two together for a full hour. Lots of good combinations. Very metabolic and tough if you use heavy enough weights to challenge you. However I MUCH more prefer Metashred Extreme which it doesn't look like they sell anymore. All one hour workouts. I LOVE BJ! IMO he's the best instructor out of the whole lot. He's funny and makes tough but fun workouts.

New Rules of Muscle - sorry don't know anything about this.

Con Body - looks interesting - all bodyweight exercises. Do not have.

The Anarchy 10 Workout - I just got the Anarchy set which is different from the 10 min, Abs and Arms workouts. Doesn't look like they sell it here. No comment except that Andy Speer is a good instructor. I'll be starting these next week. I can add my comments later.
The Anarchy Abs
The Anarchy Arms

Don't have Riptensity - another interesting set. Gideon is a backgrounder in the 21 Day Metashred set and is a beast there so I'm sure he'll put out a great workout. All bodyweight from the sound of it.

Kathy: thanks for the code!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-19, 02:54 PM  
Sharaz

Where can I get Metashred Extreme? I think I ended up trading BJ’s Delta Fit. This was long time ago, so I don’t remember the exact reason. Is Metashred Extreme higher intensity? Better quality?

According to Amazon reviews MH60 seems more advanced than MA40. Anyway, I like the band work and depending on my fitness stage I can start from the beginning or jump to the advanced workouts right away. I wish there were more reviews about these.
Seems everyone likes the Anarchy. I am looking forward for Kate's feedback.

I am definitely not motivated by current fitness programs or workouts releases. I feel the industry is going downhill (both DVD & streaming). For that reason, I plan to get workouts that I may have missed in the past and probably be OOP sooner or later.
Old 06-28-19, 06:08 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
I have 21 Day Metashred and it is very good. I like it a lot! All 30 minute workouts which I personally prefer to do two together for a full hour. Lots of good combinations. Very metabolic and tough if you use heavy enough weights to challenge you. However I MUCH more prefer Metashred Extreme which it doesn't look like they sell anymore. All one hour workouts. I LOVE BJ! IMO he's the best instructor out of the whole lot. He's funny and makes tough but fun workouts.
OMG You have Metashred Extreme??? I'd love to do a temporary trade with you... Are you still looking for Cathe Lite? 😁
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-19, 02:03 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
Where can I get Metashred Extreme? I think I ended up trading BJ’s Delta Fit. This was long time ago, so I don’t remember the exact reason. Is Metashred Extreme higher intensity? Better quality?
Yes MSX is definitely more advanced than BJ's other DVD's. My fav.

Quote:
According to Amazon reviews MH60 seems more advanced than MA40. Anyway, I like the band work and depending on my fitness stage I can start from the beginning or jump to the advanced workouts right away. I wish there were more reviews about these.
Seems everyone likes the Anarchy. I am looking forward for Kate's feedback.
I was surprised with MH60. I really liked it and with heavy enough weights, it was more challenging (to me) than the Anarchy Strength workouts I did today. More later on Anarchy.
Quote:
I am definitely not motivated by current fitness programs or workouts releases. I feel the industry is going downhill (both DVD & streaming). For that reason, I plan to get workouts that I may have missed in the past and probably be OOP sooner or later.

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 07-01-19, 02:03 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
OMG You have Metashred Extreme??? I'd love to do a temporary trade with you... Are you still looking for Cathe Lite? 😁
Sending you a PM.

Tags
ma40, mens health workout, mh60, superhero shred