Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-21-18, 12:48 PM  
HRCFitness

Cathe PreMixes to many?

I am a devoted Cathe fan - have really all the DVD's and subscribe to Live. She just posted the premixes for 1 of the new DVD's and there are like 24 - am I crazy or does this seem like overkill? Does anyone use all of them? I wish she would cut down on the premixes and get the DVD's out a bit quicker -
HRCFitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-18, 04:15 PM  
LizEMA

No, that many premixes (one of the WOs/DVDs has 30 [!]) definitely seems excessive.

I REALLY appreciate when DVDs have premixes, though, esp. when there are shortened versions of the WO or ones that isolate certain moves -- just cardio moves, just the strength moves, just upper body strength moves, just lower body strength moves, etc.

But, no, 24 premixes for one WO does seem like overkill. (I find some of Cathe's premixes can be really superfluous, as well, like the "double time" or "extreme" premixes/options, which are basically just repeating/doing the WO two times in a row, something the user can do themselves just by restarting the DVD.)

I think maybe, though, this series has so many premixes because she has SO many add-ons (Calorie Crushes, Pyramid Pumps, Extended Stretches and Bonus Abs). I think with that much Bonus material, the combos are almost endless, and I think they're just trying to anticipate and accommodate users needs/desires as far as "mixing and matching" goes, which results in an inordinate amount of premixes.

I have to say, I'd rather there be too MANY premixes than not enough, though. Most of the time, most of the premixes don't really catch my attention, but looking through some of premixes she's posted is peaking my interest and curiosity! I'm already looking forward to trying some of them out!
Old 11-21-18, 04:40 PM  
bubbles76

Yea, one person's too many is another person's not enough . That being said, I rarely use Cathe's premixes. I'm glad they are there, however, for that time I do want to use them.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-18, 04:52 PM  
dianestjohn

I love having a lot of premixes. I typically work my way through all of them bit by bit over time. The more the merrier
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-18, 05:57 PM  
Messe

I've been using some of Cathe's newer DVDs recently and have especially enjoyed some of the premixes. I ordered four of the DVDs in this series (my first Cathe preorder in eons), and I'm excited to see how many premixes will be on Stacked Upper Body. I counted at least six or eight that I'm looking forward to trying. I was especially happy to see the shorter premix of SUB and Lower Body Pyramid.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-18, 05:59 PM  
Non-Dancer

Lots of premixes mean lots of choices. You don't have to do them all.
Non-Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-18, 08:34 PM  
cecififi

i typically do premixes too so I like the variety.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-18, 11:56 AM  
ncl

I am not a huge user of premixes, but I do them sometimes. I am not opposed to waiting a bit longer though so they can do that premixing and chaptering and such. I do benefit from the chapters as often I will do a part of the workout and it makes it so easy to do with the way she does her DVDs. One day maybe I will do more premixes. I have been curious to see how one workout has 24 premixes though. It does seem like a lot!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-18, 01:41 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I like the parts premixes - all upper body, all lower, all cardio, shorter cardio - and I REALLY loved it when back-in-the-day she did premixes that drew from multiple workouts.

I ignore the premixes where you're just doing the same thing two or three times. I don't need six sets of biceps curls, thx.

If she's putting out 24 premixes for one workout, I'll probably end up doing about six of them.
Old 11-22-18, 02:50 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I like all the premixes, especially the timesaver ones which I tend to use a lot when I’m limited on workout time. I like that the upper body workout also has the Pyramid Lower Body workout as well so you can make it a total body workout if you want.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe lite