Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-18, 10:27 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Very cool, Laura! Hopefully others will chime in too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-18, 09:32 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I haven't been to live yoga in quite some time but I'm very excited to be doing yoga with Michael Franti before his concert at Red Rocks in Denver this July. I know it's not quite what you're thinking but I'm super excited. Need to start doing some yoga again beforehand.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-18, 10:22 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I haven't been to live yoga in quite some time but I'm very excited to be doing yoga with Michael Franti before his concert at Red Rocks in Denver this July. I know it's not quite what you're thinking but I'm super excited. Need to start doing some yoga again beforehand.
Bee, that sounds pretty cool! And I don't think there are rules about what we can post here--people have posted about special classes in the past.

Speaking of which, last night I started reading the old posts--it was so much fun to remember what people (including me!) had done! I only got about halfway through, so I'll try to read the rest today.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-26-18, 10:29 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Wow! I am so jealous! I love Michael Franti, and a concert at Red Rocks is on my concert bucket list ever since seeing U2's concert from there on video. Have a fantastic time!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-18, 07:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Wow! I am so jealous! I love Michael Franti, and a concert at Red Rocks is on my concert bucket list ever since seeing U2's concert from there on video. Have a fantastic time!
Well, there's nothing stopping you! The reason I am going is because I told my cousin who lives in Denver about it -- just thinking she would go with her friends. The next thing I knew, she had bought two tickets and told me to come out for it (but that if I couldn't she would have someone else to go with her). I am making it happen!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-18, 07:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I finished reading the thread--I am so jealous of everyone's great past experiences!

I went through and pulled out my posts to save in a Word document; I can't believe the details that I have forgotten over the years. I just wished I had posted here about the 2 local workshops I attended in the past year so I'd have that information too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-30-18, 09:06 PM  
buffmama

Old thread alert

I'm in the process of planning a yoga retreat at Kripalu and looking for thoughts on doing their yoga for a few days vs taking a program from a visiting yogi. It will be my first time going and I don't have any experience with their yoga. The time was picked more for the convenience than anything else.
Old 09-30-18, 09:22 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Buffmama, I'll be interested to hear what feedback you get! My mom, sisters, and I have bounced around the idea of doing one of their R&Rs.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-01-18, 10:17 AM  
Tracyso2

never done the r & r, i don't think, but...

i've been to kripalu for workshops about a dozen times over the years and am headed to Travis' UY weekend at the end of October. I'm really looking forward to that one! I find Kripalu's own yoga to be pretty slow and a bit of a snooze, but other people swear by it, so YMMV.
Tracyso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 08:16 PM  
buffmama

Thanks Tracy for your feedback. I'm doing some Travis and Kripalu that's on youtube to try and help with the decision. Sending you a PM also Tracy. Any one else with other thoughts?

Tags
christine felstead, eye bag, legs up the wall, old thread alert, proprioception, yoga audios, yoga workshop reporter, yoga workshops