Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-19-16, 11:22 PM  
JulieIL

Puja, you may want to also look into hip thrusting (that name is just...). I'm mentioning this, as I'm just starting to add these, as they are supposed to be excellent for isolating the glutes without overworking the quads.

This seems to be consistent with TA; in any case, I have shorter legs & tend to build muscle very easily in my quads so this caught my eye.

I'm going to add hip thrusts 3-4 times a week (likely more, as they are easy add-ons) in addition to TA and Tonique 1-2 times weekly. I just thought of you when I "discovered" these, as they seem like a non-TA add-on that would work the glutes in another way.

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-16, 06:30 PM  
puja

Thanks Julie! I'm imagining what this exercise would like like. Do you do these standing or lying down?

I discovered that the discs I received were for days 181-201 etc instead of the beginning discs. But I figured that it would give me a taste so yesterday I did the Dance Cardio. It pretty much devolved into me jumping and dancing around to my early Prince albums but I will say that it was fun and I got pretty sweaty. Tracy is hard to follow and says you can freestyle, but honestly Tracy, YOU are freestyling.
Today I did one of the toning (or whatever they're called) DVDs and omg I hated it!!! 30 minutes of being on my hands and knees and I didn't feel worked at all when it was over. More just mad that I'd wasted a precious 30 minutes when I could've been doing something else
I think this concludes my TA experiment. I need to look forward to working out and these will not fit the bill.
puja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-16, 08:23 PM  
SimplyGlowing

I have a question about the program and how to fit it in the workout regime. Do you think in order to get results that people report one needs to do the method (meta) 6 days a week? If I can only add it on 3 times a week is it a waste of time?
SimplyGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-16, 08:13 PM  
puja

Not having done more than two meta workouts I can't say from experience, but from what I've read here you need to be a little more faithful to her workouts. Sounds like people who've been doing it longer have scaled back and have maintained those results, but initially I think you'd want to do it more often.
Old 07-21-16, 11:29 PM  
SimplyGlowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja View Post
Not having done more than two meta workouts I can't say from experience, but from what I've read here you need to be a little more faithful to her workouts. Sounds like people who've been doing it longer have scaled back and have maintained those results, but initially I think you'd want to do it more often.
Thank you !
SimplyGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-16, 06:06 PM  
JulieIL

Puja, yikes- sounds like TA isn't your thing. My sister tried and also didn't feel the TA love. I do want to add that jumping into days 180- sounds terrible- I'm impressed you stuck it out for 30 minutes! If you ever get the urge to try again, I think Meta is on youtube in its entirety (keeps getting removed, but I've never not been able to find it with a little digging- search with the key terms "Days 1-")

I hear you, though, when you stated that you felt it was a waste of your workout time, because that's exactly how I used to feel, and admittedly sometimes still feel. For me, I think the key was that I had a base of nice muscle from so many years of extreme workouts & also my natural body type. TA helps streamline my silhouette, making the natural & remaining muscle tone visible (my bone structure is an hourglass). My sister has the opposite body type (she's very long legged, with a very small boned lower body, and has great difficulty putting on muscle), so TA didn't give her the results she was looking for.

Anyway, it looks like the thread about how to get a juicy booty has some fantastic suggestions, so I'd give those a try to see what your body responds to. I'll report back if the hip thrusts give me the pronounced booty that I'm after...

Julie

ETA: Bret Conteras has some awesome videos (on youtube) and information (free on his website) about hip thrusting. I also found other very useful resources to the right of some of Bret's youtube videos ("Suggested" videos, I think). Some of these are like set up like workout DVDs, in that the entire hip thrusting series is done in its entirety. I've pulled that up on my iPad and kept it in view while exercising. I've been experimenting with different set-ups, including using my step, a coffee table covered with a mat, a bench, etc. I haven't used a barbell yet, just dumbbells and body weight, but I need to get the form perfect before adding more weight. Here's to the quest for a juicy booty!
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-16, 08:13 PM  
puja

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieIL View Post
Puja, yikes- sounds like TA isn't your thing. My sister tried and also didn't feel the TA love. I do want to add that jumping into days 180- sounds terrible- I'm impressed you stuck it out for 30 minutes! If you ever get the urge to try again, I think Meta is on youtube in its entirety (keeps getting removed, but I've never not been able to find it with a little digging- search with the key terms "Days 1-")

I hear you, though, when you stated that you felt it was a waste of your workout time, because that's exactly how I used to feel, and admittedly sometimes still feel. For me, I think the key was that I had a base of nice muscle from so many years of extreme workouts & also my natural body type. TA helps streamline my silhouette, making the natural & remaining muscle tone visible (my bone structure is an hourglass). My sister has the opposite body type (she's very long legged, with a very small boned lower body, and has great difficulty putting on muscle), so TA didn't give her the results she was looking for.
I don't love exercises where I'm on my hands and knees for an extended period. 15 minutes okay, 30 no way! I also didn't like the lack of set and cuing. I really wanted to like her because so many have gotten results, but I just couldn't do it!