Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-07-14, 01:29 PM  
yahoo205

Wrist Weight Ankle Weights for Tracy Anderson Continuity Omnicentric Glutecentric

anyone use ankle and/or wrist weights for continuity year 1 (or barre or any other workout) to make it more intense?

I'm most interested in doing it for TA Omnicentric (or Hipcentric Glutecentric Abcentric).

What brand and weight weights did you use? I have umm "sturdy" calves and ankles.

Thanks.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 05:00 PM  
JulieIL

I use ankle weights for Tracy's glute work, both Continuity and Precision Toning. I have the Everlast brand velcro closure adjustable set, with each removable bar weighting 1/2 pound (total for each leg up to 5 pounds).

For PT and easier levels of Continuity (& after I've "mastered" the moves), I have done a max of 2 1/2 pounds on each leg. I make sure that my moves are spot on before I go this heavy- I start as low as 1/2 pound on each leg, progressing depending on how I feel.

I also have "sturdy" calves and legs (which is what I love about TA- I look leaner without the mass that I always seem to get). I always wonder if the weights are keeping my calves from leaning out, but I also have a longish butt, & do notice a difference when I use weights with these workouts (my bottom gets higher & rounder). My pants fit & look better (& my physique looks better overall) when I add the ankle weights, so even if it's making my calves bigger for me it's still worth it.

For the record, I don't put on the ankle weights until she hits the all fours position. Specifically, I don't use ankle weights for her ab work, as I am able to attain a )( shape from her ab work without adding the weights. I aspire to the hourglass shape, while others prefer more athletic abs (interestingly, this is the ab look that DH prefers on women), which might result from using weights with the ab exercises.

I'm interested in finding out if others add weights to these workouts.
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 08:14 PM  
daisyduke

I don't use ankle weights. I feel like I really can't get the ta-dah moment with the moves with them on. Plus I bulk and don't want to build too much.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ankle weights, continuity, continuity year 2, omnicentric, wrist weights