Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-14, 12:08 PM  
HRCFitness

Born to Move...can't do it

I just got Tonique Born to Move and was so excited...well 15 min into segment 1 and I pretty much gave up. My legs were so tired but beyond that I was board to tears. I really want to do Tonique since I think it will help to lean me out (I hope) but I just can't do the repetitive stuff.

Anyone else feels this way and any advice on how to get through it? I'm thinking about writing down the various exercises and then just making my own 45 min workout....
HRCFitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 12:42 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCFitness View Post
I just got Tonique Born to Move and was so excited...well 15 min into segment 1 and I pretty much gave up. My legs were so tired but beyond that I was board to tears. I really want to do Tonique since I think it will help to lean me out (I hope) but I just can't do the repetitive stuff.

Anyone else feels this way and any advice on how to get through it? I'm thinking about writing down the various exercises and then just making my own 45 min workout....
I have this one and haven't tried it yet, but I HATED the first two Toniques hwen I tried them (why did I get this one, then? Vidiocy... ). I find pretty much every other type of exercise preferable to gazillions of reps of squats and lunges. If you don't like 'em, there are so many other things out there that you can do and enjoy. For example, barre is high rep but a completely different way to work things, and it's leaned out my lower body. I'd give this a couple more tried, then trade the sucker away for something you'll enjoy doing.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 12:47 PM  
sunday

Quote:

If you hated it and were bored to tears, then why try to make yourself do it? I despise Tonique and don't do it! There is nothing magic about it. Just do what you love to do, and you WILL do it! Leaning out, in my opinion, is about diet anyway, not doing 5,000 squats per workout.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 12:56 PM  
violingal3

Is this your first Tonique? Maybe that wasn't the right choice to jump in with from the start.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 12:58 PM  
sophiesmom

Quote:

Hey now! I say try alternating 15-20 reps on each leg for all the exercises instead of being on one leg for all that time. I'm guessing you did 1.1?

I felt the same way the first time & didn't touch it for awhile. Sylwia herself says build up to it.

Second suggestion : try workout 2 ( not 1.2). For some reason I find it more doable and the exercises are a little more interesting. If you come up on an exercise and think, "no way" try to do a few reps. You may surprise yourself.

Finally, and I'll probably get blasted for this but: Sylwia's way is not the only way. Don't sweat it if it's not for you.

Just give yourself a high five for at least trying!
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 01:12 PM  
Cassy

Also try playing your own music. To me it makes a big difference with tonique.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 02:04 PM  
HRCFitness

Thanks all! I don't know why I keep thinking that there is some kind of magic exercise out there. Diet is it and I know it. I have Premier and I like it much better. I never do all of it at once so maybe I just need to tackle this in smaller doses.
Thanks Everyone!
HRCFitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 03:40 PM  
marmact

Tonique's method is a lot of repetition. So, if that bores you, she may not be the best fit. Have you tried Premiere? You can find all of the segments on YouTube. That's a really great introduction to her because the segments are clearly demarcated and the time seems manageable (under 10 minutes each). I know a lot of people use Premiere as an add-on.

(Also, I think one of the BTM workouts might be much longer/harder than the other? Maybe preview the other workout to see if it's more your speed?)
Old 01-18-14, 04:18 PM  
mchelle81

I hate tonique to its sooo boring but I follow her on Facebook and she also runs miles a day plus hours of tennis so tonique isn't magic she's extremely active
mchelle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 04:47 PM  
Fitstick

I'm not crazy about it either and never even bothered with Born to Move since i figured it would be too advanced for me. I only have Tonique 2 and Dynamic Sculpt and rarely touch them. Although the new ATM tempts me, dont ask why! I am always hopeful that one day i will love her workouts!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tonique