Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-19, 08:02 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Does anyone still workout with Karen Voight?

I mentioned Karen in the thread about our top 3 instructors and wonder if anyone uses her workouts much anymore.

I love her stretch routines. Her instruction is perfect and each suggestion she makes allows me to feel the stretches right where I need them.

Half and Half and Burn & Firm are solid intermediate workouts I enjoy as well.

I wish she would make some more workouts. I would definitely buy!!
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 08:10 PM  
Taiga

I do!! Just did Stretch and Core Conditioning last night. Love her vintage stuff too
Old 09-16-19, 08:13 PM  
Gams

I have a couple of her DVDs that I use once in awhile. Anyone know what she’s up to these days?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 08:17 PM  
Erica

I am still in love with her yoga stretch from Sleek Physique (I think this has been renamed at least once?). I've done that and the abs so many times since the workout was released that I'm surprised the DVD still plays. A long time ago, I found I didn't click with her weights or cardio, but I should revisit her workouts and see if that's changed.
Erica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 08:54 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I just discovered Energy Sprint in 2017. It quickly became a favorite workout. I either use just my step platform or no platform at all for some of the moves as I'm currently at more of a beginner level.

Edited to add: I should also mention that I normally don't do the workout in its entirety. I often just do as much as I can of the step interval section in the middle.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 09:05 PM  
Vantreesta

I still love Karen. Hers were among my first workouts and YogaSculpt is still one of my all-time favorite yoga practices.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 11:55 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I have had all of her DVDs and still have most of them. I remember she was widely criticized back in the day for not smiling. I didn't like instructors who constantly bared their teeth and ordered me to smile. Just the other day I was thinking about her BLT on the Ball DVD. Didn't do it b/c I had other plans, but I will do it soon. It's lighthearted and playful.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 02:46 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

karen has always been in my collection. i finally got slim toning on a ball from a craigslist seller. that completed my karen collection.

from the very beginning, i've always liked and subbed in her workouts as part of the Firm 90DR. i originally owned her workouts on VHS and gradually replaced them with DVDs.

one of my favorites is her Streamline Fitness. it has a nice energizing aero-tone segment, then the second half is a toning/yoga segment.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 07:43 AM  
dnna

Her senior workout -Ease into Fitness- is one of the better senior workouts available on dvd. i can do it with no worries about my knee. and all her stretch dvd. Hoping to move up to some of her other more beginner workouts. I have a lot of her workouts- some many many years old.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 08:04 AM  
marki64

I used to love Karen Voight. Energy Sprint was one of my 1st challenging videos I did back in the 90's. Honestly, I have a hard time doing dated workouts anymore. I love change and finding new instructors and new workouts. Karen had a place in my workout collection at one time, but I unloaded all of them a long time ago. I refuse to do a VHS and most of hers were VHS. I didn't click with some her later releases. ES was really her only advanced workout, that I recall.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karen voight, karen voight stretch