Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-27-10, 09:03 PM  
lorajc

Patrick Goudeau - Dance Moves? Did I Get In Over My Head?

On a recent dance thread, I thought someone told me that this was an easy one to learn. I just previewed it and I was dumbfounded. Yikes...it's super fast and looks a bit hard to follow. Did I get the wrong one?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 09:39 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I have never even tried to do any of them after previewing them. I don't remember which one you are talking about, but they were all over my head. And I do pretty well with choreography, although not as well with dance (obviously).
Old 05-27-10, 10:14 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Oh, oh!!! I remember your thread and I recommended this DVD. However, I don't remember saying that it was an easy DVD. I said it was my favorite out of Patrick's hi/lo DVDs. To me, I don't like to say whether a DVD is easy to follow because it depends on the person. I will say that Patrick repeats the moves enough so that you can learn them. Once you learn the routine, it's really fun. I also think it will get your heart rate up more than other dance workouts since it's a hi/lo wo with jazz dance influence.

I was actually going to revive your thread because I wanted to recommend Kristin Jacob's 10 Minute Solution Hip Hop Dance Mix. If you like Jennifer Galardi's DVDs, I think you would like this one. Here's a link:

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Prod...Show=TechSpecs
Old 05-27-10, 10:47 PM  
Fitstick

You are brave, I can't even get his step choreography let alone the hi/low!!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 02:09 AM  
juberann

YIKES Patrick is WAY over my head!! I have never even attempted his dance/Step workouts because I know I would just hate him if I did and cursing at your T.V set? NOT a pretty sight

Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 08:24 AM  
KathAL79

Patrick is a tricky one. I recommend doing this as an add-on after your workout or plugging through this on a rest day until you feel comfortable with the moves. I remember taking one of his DVDs and doing each individual instructional segment over and over until I thought I had a prayer of a chance with the full routine.

Good luck! And report back once you've conquered this.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-10, 09:10 AM  
lorajc

you think I would have known better, as his step is way over my head....but I'm longing to find some modern dance type of workouts that remind me of the class I used to take when I was younger. The clips of these looked interesting.

I guess I'll have to try them and see what happens. I got Mad Moves and Dance Remix also. I watched a bit of Mad Moves and it looks slightly easier.......but we shall see.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to try these, as I'm doing a Tracy Anderson/Val Water's rotation and am only doing like one or 2 days of real cardio.....unless I get too fat .............thanks everyone.

PS Thanks for the link above with the other DVD. The moves remind me of Hip Hop Abs, but it looks easy to follow.........and I actually think I have this one but have never done it........so I might try it tomorrow.
Old 05-28-10, 09:14 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
you think I would have known better, as his step is way over my head....but I'm longing to find some modern dance type of workouts that remind me of the class I used to take when I was younger. The clips of these looked interesting.

I guess I'll have to try them and see what happens. I got Mad Moves and Dance Remix also. I watched a bit of Mad Moves and it looks slightly easier.......but we shall see.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to try these, as I'm doing a Tracy Anderson/Val Water's rotation and am only doing like one or 2 days of real cardio.....unless I get too fat .............thanks everyone.

PS Thanks for the link above with the other DVD. The moves remind me of Hip Hop Abs, but it looks easy to follow.........and I actually think I have this one but have never done it........so I might try it tomorrow.
I would do Mad Moves first, then Dance Remix, and finally Dance Moves. I actually didn't like Mad Moves because I thought it moved too slow so I sold it at Ya-Yas. So that's a good one to start with. Once you get used to complex choreography and how an instructor cues, it's easier to pick up.

ETA - I'm not going to say whether Kristin's DVD is easy to learn since I can pick up Patrick's choreography by just doing it once. But since they are 10 minute sections, it's easy to just use them as add-ons. I do that all the time.
Old 05-28-10, 09:26 AM  
lorajc

what about Jen Galardi's Prevention - Dance It Off workout? How hard is that to follow? I know I have it but only remember trying it once long ago. Is that easy enough to follow?
Old 05-28-10, 09:29 AM  
lorajc

Helen- thanks for the tip on the learning curve for the Kristin DVD, but I seem to do really well with all of the dancing on 10" solutions. Like I mentioned, I do have some prior dance experience from my younger years.....and I was just thinking the other day (after doing a 10" solution) that I'm a pretty darned good dancer (at age 50) and then while previewing Patrick's last night, I hopped up and tried to follow..................and then I said......well I guess I'm not ALL that!! HA! I give you lots of credit if Patrick's coreography is fine for you. Are you able to follow his step also?

Tags
learning choreography, patrick goudeau