Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-07, 02:46 PM  
balledancer

Thanks for the advice! I was just wondering what group likes to do Ballet/Pilates type workout, because those are my favorites.

Roxy
balledancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-07, 03:19 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Roxy,

Just from scanning the titles of the workouts, I'd check out Barefoot and on the Mat. This is what they post about what they are into:

Quote:
This check in originally started as a pilates check in, but we all do a variety of workouts. Eventually we evolved into "barefoot & on the mat." All are welcome. We trually appreciate new insights and varied experiences from everyone. Newcomers, experience not necessary
They are at the end of their weekly check in. Apparently, they start a new one on Sundays. I am in the Cardio Cross Trainers check in, which you are welcome in, but it sounds like another one would be better suited for you. Good luck finding one that works for you. You might want to read a few to get a feel for what they talk about.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-07, 10:10 PM  
Woodranda

Hello Everyone

Hi I feel kind of silly introducing myself since I've been visiting this forum for some time. I just haven't been posting until recently. I guess I've let my shyness get the best of me. I just wanted to say that VF is a terrific site and I have learned a great deal from so many of you. I'm currently doing a modified P90X rotation and enjoy The Firm, Cathe and Jari Love for strength training. I guess I should include P90X in that as well since I'm currently doing the rotation. Any way I just thought I'd finally say hello after all this time, and hope to post more often.

When one door closes, another one opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
-Helen Keller
Woodranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-07, 04:22 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Miranda - Well, I won't say welcome and hide your credit cards because you already know all that. But, glad to see you post and hope you feel free to do so more. You certainly have plenty to post about given the strength training you do.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-07, 06:18 AM  
Papio

Talking

Another P90X'er woohooo!

I think the only person not doing a modified p90x is Tony himself. Anywho greetings and welcome to the land of fitness addicts! Glad you’ve come out the shadows

--Colin

Phear the Ninja Hamster Zena!
Papio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-07, 04:44 PM  
Woodranda

Thanks for the welcome

Hi Laura S. & Papio thanks for the warm greetings! Yes, Papio, Tony is slowly but surely whipping me into shape. I can't believe I've been doing this rotation for 9 weeks. I must say though I usually skip Yoga X in favor of something shorter and easier and I never have tried Cardio X, something about it just didn't appeal to me. So, I have been using other cardio for that workout and Core Synergistics. I figure I can get enough out of the rotation using the rest of Tony's DVDs. Kenpo is my favorite and Legs & Back is next.

Take care

When one door closes, another one opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
-Helen Keller
Old 03-16-07, 03:57 PM  
new2me

Hi Miranda, glad you decided to "introduce" yourself. Your P90X rotation sounds a lot like the way I did mine, lol.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-07, 06:22 PM  
Papio

Woodranda: I fear the Legs & Back! it’s a horror show, I’ll never forget my workout sheet getting blown off my seat and landing right under my lunging left foot or my door gym popping out the doorway and dumping me on my back... then as if it hadn’t caused me enough pain it landed on my right boob.

No damage done though and as I massaged my boob and back couldn’t help but laugh hysterically while inwardly thinking "I’m so fricken glad nobody saw that!"

My favourites: Core Synergistics, shoulders and arms, kenpo... anything that doesn’t involve my (now speeding back to seller for refund) door gym.

--Colin

Phear the Ninja Hamster Zena!
Papio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-07, 09:51 PM  
Woodranda

Ouch

Oh no, Papio, glad to hear you got the through the workout ok. It's good to have a sense of humor about these things. Glad I decided against getting a door gym. I could just picture something like that happening to me.

-Helen Keller
Old 03-16-07, 09:56 PM  
Woodranda

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2me
Hi Miranda, glad you decided to "introduce" yourself. Your P90X rotation sounds a lot like the way I did mine, lol.
Hi Donna, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who modified the rotation.

-Helen Keller

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread