Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-06, 04:21 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Lady D - Welcome to VF! It certainly sounds like working out at home is a plus for you given your schedule.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-06, 08:25 AM  
new2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady D
I just discovered this website about a week or two ago and love it!

I'm a mom and actress by day, word processor for a law firm at night. With husband and baby in tow, I don't have the time or money to go to a gym anymore, so I've been setting up my own home video gym.

My favorites instructors right now: Cathe Friedrich, Janis Saffell, Kathy Smith, Keli Roberts. I like step, kickboxing and dance.
Hi and welcome Lady D! I am also a legal word processor...only work at the opposite end of the day, lol (6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.).

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-06, 08:57 AM  
nicky

Hi Everyone!

I've been coming here for what seems like forever so I thought it's time to stop lurking and introduce myself! I used to come here for the video reviews and then discovered the forums and now I'm here everyday.

I started working out with Kathy Smith when she was new with her "Starting Out" video, moving on to her Fat Burning video and Step workouts. There will always be a soft spot in my heart for Kathy. She taught me good form and I got great results from her workouts. The first time I saw her was in a magazine doing an ad for "Tickets" swimwear in the early 80's. She was so toned and fit, and it left me with a very strong (and positive) impression of what a woman should be (I was 13 at the time).

Well, I've never looked back and workout videos have come a long way. I still love Kathy, but from this site I've discovered Cathe, Beachbody, Christi, Mindy and a host of others. What fun it all is, isn't it? I always look forward to something new to add to my collection, and all of you here make that very easy!

So, hello to you all, finally! What a fun place!

Nicole
nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-06, 09:16 AM  
blue_hydrangea

Welcome out of lurkdom, Nicole!

Welcome to VF, Lady D!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-06, 10:36 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Nicole,

Well, if you were going to find a role model in a magazine at the age of 13, it sounds like it was a good one - at least, a better one than is presented these days at least.

Welcome to VF! Glad you broke out of lurkdom to introduce youself.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-03-06, 09:54 AM  
new2me

Hi Nicole! Glad you de-lurked!!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
Old 05-03-06, 04:50 PM  
joanalona

Welcome, Nicole! You're right, this is a fun place. I love learning about different workouts and meeting new friends.

I'm glad you started with Kathy Smith. She doesn't know it, but Kathy helped me with step and taught me how to kickbox. I'd love her to make a workout that challenges my advanced self, but I'm happy she's out there. I hope my daughter finds such a good role model at 13!

So you like Cathe, Christi, Beachbody and Mindy? What are your favorite workouts from each one?
joanalona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-06, 09:24 AM  
debyduz

introduction

Hi I am Debbie and have been working out since 1999. I started on mostly machines exercise bike and cardio glide. After repetive injuries and finding that Fitness TV channel I started working out to Gilad and purchsed his Quick Fit System in November when I got tired of the Fitness TV station changing the schedule. I like Cathy F too. I also use the elliptical and have some Tae Bo tapes.

I am 42 years old and still obese even though I lost 64 lbs so far. I workout 45-95 mins a day. I run a home daycare. I am married and have 3 kids, 26, 13, 4. I live in Pennsylvania.

I am an artist, graphic artist, photographer and cake sculpter. I like hiking and all types of exercise. I current weight 216 and hope to get down to 132 or lower.

Deb
debyduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-06, 10:30 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Debbie - Welcome to VF! Sounds like you have found workouts you enjoy. Just be sure to hide your credit cards if you hang out here - it's perilous! It sounds like you have a lot of creative talents and energy.

I finished 106 pounds last fall and am now on maintenance. If I can do it, you certainly can. And, you are well on your way! I have gotten an incredible amount of inspiration around here and hope you do too.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-08-06, 11:36 AM  
new2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by debyduz
Hi I am Debbie and have been working out since 1999. I started on mostly machines exercise bike and cardio glide. After repetive injuries and finding that Fitness TV channel I started working out to Gilad and purchsed his Quick Fit System in November when I got tired of the Fitness TV station changing the schedule. I like Cathy F too. I also use the elliptical and have some Tae Bo tapes.

I am 42 years old and still obese even though I lost 64 lbs so far. I workout 45-95 mins a day. I run a home daycare. I am married and have 3 kids, 26, 13, 4. I live in Pennsylvania.

I am an artist, graphic artist, photographer and cake sculpter. I like hiking and all types of exercise. I current weight 216 and hope to get down to 132 or lower.

Deb
Hi Deb and welcome!!! You've made great progress!! I LOVE your "hobbies"... you sound very creative!

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread