Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-06, 02:41 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I think we can all relate to being on VF when we have other things to do! (For example, I'm supposed to be starting an online class right now... ) I'm also glad you de-lurked. Welcome to VF and I hope you continue to find information that is useful to you!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 06:48 AM  
Lisa-movable_nu

Talking I have found my people!

Greetings Everyone! I'm Lisa and originally from South Carolina. I'm currently a seminary student in Chicago who's doing a year-long internship in North Carolina.

In the past I've used Richard Simmons, Firm Tortoise & Hare, Power 90, Slim in Six, and a couple Kathy Smith's. I've enjoyed them all at different points of my life. Also used Billy Blanks Tae Bo about 3 years ago, didn't enjoy that so much. But I was heavier and less coordinated, so I might give him another shot.

At the moment I'm probably a low intermediate. I've got Firm BSS1-3 & the Transfirmer and I'm using the advanced monthly rotations off their website with 15 pounders as my heavies (yeah!). I'm also throwing in some Turbo Jam, Aerobic Striptease, and mild running to mix it up.

My goals are to be able to do 50 full woman push-ups on my toes and 5 pull-ups before I turn 30 (I'm 26 now). My early celebration for graduating from seminary next year will be to run in the Hustle up the Hancock stair climb in February 2007. (My secret personal goal is to get to 18% body fat for 2 weeks - just to say I did it! - and then go back to something a bit more liveable )

I look forward to hanging out with y'all online!
Lisa-movable_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 07:16 AM  
ooty

Welcome Liann, Lisa and Harivelo. Enjoy the good company and the health.

Donna, Laura and Leslie: Hi! You gals are the sweetest
Old 04-06-06, 11:28 AM  
new2me

Welcome Lisa!!! I don't know sounds like you might be at least upper intermediate, lol!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 03:31 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Lisa - Welcome to VF! Sounds like you fit right in here. I love that you have long-term goals and your one "two week" goal.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-06-06, 11:44 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Welcome, Lisa-movable_nu and Harivelo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooty
Donna, Laura and Leslie: Hi! You gals are the sweetest
Hi ooty! You're pretty sweet, yourself!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 08:16 AM  
littlekitty

Smile LittleKitty introducing myself

Hi, I've posted a few times but haven't got around to introducing myself - hope I'm not too late!

I live in the UK, I'm married with no kids, I'm forty (but 25 in my head). I currently work as a paralegal but I'm studying to be a solicitor, which means I'm at college every third Saturday and Sunday for the whole day. Between that and a one-hour each way commute to work I don't have a lot of time to work out, so my schedule is kind of condensed at the moment. About three days a week I do cardio or a combined cardio-strength workout in the morning, and I've just started working in a short yoga workout most evenings before bed because I'm a perennial insomniac and I find it helps to kill the "mind chatter". On weekends I do longer sessions of both, and on Sundays I try to get out for a hill-walk, which can be anything from 3 hours upwards - current maximum is about 5.5 hours.

I've been working out with videos since about 1992/3, when I started ordering from Collage over the phone. The fitness videos available in the UK are mostly pretty bad, unfortunately.

My favourite instructors are Kari Anderson, Keli Roberts, Christi Taylor (predictable, sorry), and for yoga I'm loving Rodney Yee. Other favourites from my collection are Jane Fonda's Lean Routine (one of my first workouts - sentimental attachment), Crunch Bootcamp, Crunch Dance Party, all the YBB Lives ... the great thing about video workouts is that you'll never get bored .

I'm looking forward to being part of the wonderful online community of VFers!
littlekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 09:22 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Glad you found this topic, LK! It sounds like you have a very busy schedule. It's good you have found a way to work in a variety of workouts. Even though you've already been posting, welcome to VF.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-07-06, 09:23 AM  
littlekitty

Thank you Laura!
littlekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 09:47 AM  
new2me

Hi LittleKitty!!! Welcome...wow, your schedule makes me tired, lol. I'm a legal word processor, but thinking of taking some classes for paralegal.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread