Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-06, 10:33 AM  
new2me

Hi Adrienne, welcome!!!! Glad you finally found us, lol.

Ooty, you'd better stick around or else!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-06, 10:54 AM  
Sollamyn

Thumbs up

Welcome, Adrienne. I think there are at least a couple of other people who do Cathe, Firm, and Turbo workouts. But, seriously, just about anyone with a 'vidiot' attitude (so many workout videos, so little time!) is sure to be welcome here! Enjoy!

S.
Sollamyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 04:10 PM  
Isabella Rod

kickboxing training has been best for my bod

I think the best way to tighten the legs and improve flexibility is through martial arts workout - not hte tae bo crap. It is ballistic and dangerous. I think it is important to learn how to kick and punch kick properly. My legs and butt are much firmer because of it.
Isabella Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 04:14 PM  
ooty

Donna and Leslie: Yup, I will stick around , at least till I manage to convert everyone to CC..just kidding, but seriously I have not been using DVDs besides the Yoga ones in a while now, only CC.

Laura: Hi
Old 04-02-06, 03:24 PM  
LanMyers

Hi there! New Here... Turbo Jammin it up!

Hi, My name is Leann and I'm from Springfield, Missouri. I have recently become addicted to Turbo Jam and hoping to find others like myself. I also absolutely dig anything Janis Saffell and Kickboxing... She's my personal Favorite, well, her and Chalene (TJ) is a goof bit a pretty fun one too. I Have been looking for the perfect fitness website and I think I have finally found it... I LOVE that this site 1.) Doesn't push diets on you (or even allow you to discuss them much )and 2.) Doesn't focus so much on thinness as FITness... YES!!! Also, being able to swap videos when you're tired of them, well, that's pretty awesome!

My current fitness goals (besides losing atleast 25 lbs of my body fat) are to be able to do 50 REAL push ups using proper form(I am at 20 right now, up from only 7 when I started a few weeks ago!), Being able to do 10 pull ups (Can only do like 1 right now ), work up to finishing my 45 minute Cardio Party DVDs without my feet/arches killing me (can I work that off or will it bother me forever?) And to perfect my lunges and squats... I would also like to be able to run for more than 5 minutes without being crazy out of breath... oh yeah, and I want awesome calves and to shrink my belly (Goes along with Fat Loss though...)

I am open to suggestions on modifications to my workouts...

As for strength conditioning I am currently doing lunges, squats, donkey kicks, push ups, pull up (attempts), mountain climbers, crunches, tap downs, wall angels (which are awesome by the way) and other miscellaneous stuff for my arms... I usually just add 5 lb weights to my leg exercises.
LanMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-06, 07:14 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome to VF. It sounds like you are a good fit here. There is LOTS of buzz about Turbo Jam now and there are plenty of Janis fans. There are also plenty of people trying to build strength. Feel free to jump in wherever you see something of interest.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-06, 11:10 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanMyers
I Have been looking for the perfect fitness website and I think I have finally found it... I LOVE that this site 1.) Doesn't push diets on you (or even allow you to discuss them much )and 2.) Doesn't focus so much on thinness as FITness... YES!!! Also, being able to swap videos when you're tired of them, well, that's pretty awesome!
Welcome, Leann! I agree with your comments; VF has a great forum!
I'm with you on the Turbo Jams (I love Turbo Jam--such fun cardio)!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 09:36 AM  
new2me

Hi Leann, welcome! I am another TJ fan, lol. Sounds like you are doing GREAT fitness-wise.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
Old 04-05-06, 12:05 PM  
Harivelo

Hi everyone,

I am a 40-ish educator from Madagascar and I am in the US to study. I have been lurking on this site and swapping DVDs for about one year. I started to be more active on the forum this year because there were one or two links that just called my name. I am also a terrible procrastinator and VF is my favorite excuse for taking breaks from my proposal writing

I really like exercise but I always find excuses to fall off the wagon. Part of it is that I am trying to lose a lot of weight and get back in shape after being a couch potato for nearly 2 years. I had a good excuse for being lazy: I suffered from depression (without being aware of it) as a result of the loss of a loving one and the stress of school. I also went on a mega guilt trip a few years ago when there was civil war in my country because my family lived under siege conditions for 6 months.

Thanks to VF I have found a few workouts that I really like doing. I was able to stop wasting my money on bad or inadequate ones. I have more than 100 DVDs that attest my efforts at finding the right one! I can't believe all the things I learned by visiting this forum. I have also learned to look for deals and coupons before making purchases I try to give back as much as I can by responding to other members' requests for information.
Harivelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 12:40 PM  
new2me

Hi Harivelo! Wow, you've been through some tough times...thank you for de-lurking!

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread