Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-08-19, 07:33 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

The Firm always has a good modifier, as does Ellen Barrett. Jessica Smith’s mom is a great modifier. Jessica also usually has an “up” modifier, although Beth usually has such poor form that I try not to even see her.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 09:48 AM  
ChelePA

[QUOTE=annette;2836665]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I don't recall that Cathe has ever had a modifier in her workouts,

In Cathe's ICE series Amanda was considered the modifier but didn't actually demonstrate modifications very often. Watching her it seemed like it wasn't in her nature to be the modifier; seems like she wanted to give it her all, all the time.

I think Marlo should have been the designated modifier. She performs all the exercises with good form but sometimes not at an advanced level.
Yes. I was surprised Amanda was considered the modifier 😁
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 11:49 AM  
lavna

Quote:
That's right, now I remember that Amanda was supposedly a "modifier" but didn't really modify much. I agree that modifying doesn't seem to be in her wheelhouse and she looks like she always wants to go all out. Nothing against Amanda, she was probably asked to do it since she was in front.
I agree! She did not seem at ease at all.
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 11:51 AM  
lavna

Wasn't it Dreambody (I don't recall which ones) that was supposed to have modifiers but they did almost no modifying?
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 12:14 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
Wasn't it Dreambody (I don't recall which ones) that was supposed to have modifiers but they did almost no modifying?
LOL I was too busy trying to keep up with the frantic pace to even realize there WAS a modifier!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 12:25 PM  
soulflower

I agree with Kristin Dowell - her modifier in Dressed Up Drills does a nice job. I think she has a modifier in Hi/Lo Recharge too.

I agree about Dream Body - they don't really modify. Except for Amy - when she's the modifier, she seems to do a good job. A natural modification for Dream Body to me seems to be to drop the weights. I always do!
soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 08:58 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=annette;2836665]
Quote:
I don't recall that Cathe has ever had a modifier in her workouts,

In Cathe's ICE series Amanda was considered the modifier but didn't actually demonstrate modifications very often. Watching her it seemed like it wasn't in her nature to be the modifier; seems like she wanted to give it her all, all the time.

I think Marlo should have been the designated modifier. She performs all the exercises with good form but sometimes not at an advanced level.
I agree. Marlo would have been my pick and would have done a fantastic job IMHO. I really like Amanda, though, but the modifications weren't really modifications.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 10:23 AM  
marki64

I think that is Cathe's biggest mistake back in the day, of not having modifiers for her older vids. I think she would have had an even bigger following. It's almost says, "if you can't hack this, don't do it." I never understood that and this is coming from an advanced exerciser. Couldn't someone just do push ups on the knees?? Why not? I still do quite a bit lighter weights than her, why not have someone showing 20 lbs. bent overs, instead of 50 lbs. Weird.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 10:55 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Cathe was always very clear that her earlier workouts were for advanced exercisers only. That’s why it took years for her to provide them through Collage, etc. She actually was saying not to do it if you can’t hack it. At least now she has expanded her audience to non-advanced exercisers with lighter workouts, but the advanced ones are still out there with no modifier.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifiers