Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-17, 09:46 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Can you tell me which cadence meter did you attach to your bike? I want to get one too.
This is the one I used. I did not do any research to see if there were any that were rated better or priced better. But this one worked great for me.

http://spinning.com/spinning-bio-hr-...FYy2wAody7IL_A
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 10:01 AM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

I have a Schwinn recumbent bike. I use the Peloton app on my iPad and consider it a great investment at $12.99/month. Such variety! I even use their Beyond the Ride arm workouts, stretches & yoga.

Of course I can't stand up on the recumbent bike, so I'm not technically spinning. I just modify by adjusting my resistance, pedaling faster, etc. & still get a great workout. Am I tempted to buy the Peloton bike? You bet.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 11:21 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
This is the one I used. I did not do any research to see if there were any that were rated better or priced better. But this one worked great for me.

http://spinning.com/spinning-bio-hr-...FYy2wAody7IL_A
Thanks, that the one i was eyeing too.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 02:29 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Thanks for the monitor link! I have a 10 yr old Johnny G Sport spin bike that I can use that on. 👍
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 10:11 AM  
ChrisS

Hi, I have the new model on the Sunny bike and really like it. I spin a few times a week (running is my workout of choice). I have been using the Cathe DVDs and the few spin workouts on Cathe Live but hope to subscribe to Peloton in the near future.

I find the Spin workouts to be a great complement to running!
ChrisS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 07:53 AM  
cecififi

I just bought a bike from a friend of mine - it's 3 years old and only used 3 times - maybe. She sold it to me for $350. I couldn't pass up the deal. It's an average bike that cost $699 Cdn at the time (and still I think) but it does the job well.

I have Cathe's workout blender and this bike has changed my workouts - and for my DD too

I now use the bike for cardio and create my own spin/weight training intervals in the workout blender. I am just lovin' it! What a sweat fest and - it doesn't bother my ankles/feet. Cathe has great cycle workouts - + Cathe live. so many offerings, premixes etc.. I can't make it past 30 minutes, including cool down it's so tough
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 09:59 AM  
Laurengmt

I used to have the Johnny G but got the Lemond Revmaster with the Pilot II monitor in 2008 and love it. I use Coach Troy's Spinervals DVDs with it because he and his riders are so motivating. In fact, just yesterday I did his Hardcore 100 in its entirety for the third time. The Pilot II shows your cadence, mileage, and heart rate and calories burned if you wear a heart-rate monitor. So glad I have it!!!
Laurengmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 01:23 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I don't own an indoor bike, but I joined the Y in order to use one. My Y has the expresso HD bike:https://expresso.com/Home. My, how I love it!! I am becoming totally addicted to the programs.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 08:40 PM  
bjones

I have had the Lemond Revmaster pro for several years and love it! I'm 61 years old and various body parts keep breaking down and the bike sometimes is the only exercise I can do. Its going to be my forever bike for sure. Invest in a good quality one. I watch old episodes of the Amazing Race (42 minutes) and just alternate sitting and standing, fast and slow pedaling for my own workouts. My Samsung 10 inch tablet sits perfectly on the handlebars. Another fun thing is to curate a playlist with increasing beats per minute of the songs and create intervals that way. I don't think you will in any way regret buying a spin bike!
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 10:59 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I don’t have a spin bike, but I do have a recumbent bike that my husband uses. We bought it used on Craig’s List for about a third of the cost of a new one and its like new. I’d highly recommend looking for a used bike, so many people buy new fitness equipment and never use it.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spinning