Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-05-16, 02:16 PM  
antbuko

Is anyone still watching? Why didn't Carl shoot Neegan? He was right there!
Old 12-05-16, 03:47 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Despite my promise to stop watching, I'm still doing it. But I'm not sure why because it always makes me unhappy.

I'm not sure why Carl didn't shoot him, stab him or beat him with Lucille. It doesn't make sense to me. If he did it in front of Saviors, he runs the risk of being killed (although now that he's seen the way that Neegan treats his followers it's obvious most would be glad he's gone). But when Neegan was sitting in the house alone with Carl, that was a perfect opportunity. Although, Carl didn't have any weapons, I guess.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 03:58 PM  
MARIKA

ITA Sancho, I find Neegan to stressful. Guess it's like watching a car wreck, you can't look away.
Old 12-05-16, 04:25 PM  
BunnyHop

I'm not watching anymore at all, but somehow I can't resist coming here to see what people are thinking.

I don't like the tone of everything to do with Neegan, so I gave up at the end of last season. From what I've heard elsewhere, I'm kinda glad I haven't been watching, though there was an episode with Carole I wish I'd seen. If they repeat it any time soon, I may take a look.

My trouble with tv shows is that I care about the characters and get seriously irked when the writers do some dumb thing to them that makes no sense, or just seems as though it would only happen on a tv show.

I guess some part of me just would prefer to believe that this TWD zombie apocalypse story has some kind of point to it all, some sort of resolution or ending or cycle or something, that makes all this misery worthy of the journey. So far, it just seems like an endless march to nowhere good, with ever more disturbing people to make life harder. Bleah.

On the other hand, last season, some of the guests on the Talking Dead aftershow really did seem to be seeing more in this program than I'd ever guessed at, more depth, more meaning, more purpose. Maybe I've just missed the point?
Old 12-05-16, 07:25 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I'm still watching and still loving the show. I agree that I've seen plenty of opportunities to kill Negan. This season so far is all about the build-up. They are preparing for war. There are a lot of communities terrorized by the saviors. If they all come together, Negan will go down....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 08:00 PM  
Stephanie_B

Oh I'm watching. I think Carl got fascinated with Negan and while scared, he's confused as to the deal. I like how Dwight is being developed. I also think Negan is going to "help Rick out" maybe by taking Judith and Carl...we shall see.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-16, 08:19 PM  
T2B

I'm watching but not on Sunday nights anymore. Depending on what I have going on it may be Friday night before I watch the show. I'm hate watching. The writing doesn't make sense sometimes. Some of the plot set up is so obvious. Negan is crude, and a sadist, still not interesting. Gimple and Kirkman said that Season 7 would be about the aftermath and the grieving process and how everyone is dealing with the loss of Glen & Abraham. I've seen none of that. It's more about terrorizing Rick and I hate it.

If Carl had shot Negan, the writers would have had to come up with a new story line. I think the show runner and writers are doing themselves, and us, a disservice by trying to stick with the comic storylines. What may flow in a comic book is not working on the small screen.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-16, 11:17 AM  
antbuko

I am actually enjoying the character and plot development this season, even though I swore off the show after the brutality of episode 1. The Neegan/Saviors story line is taking the show in a whole new direction and it's interesting to me. The old story line was getting, well, old. Lots of new characters this year, very interesting. But, Carl had an assault rifle and could have finished Neegan. Only reason he didn't is the show isn't done with him yet, lol.
Old 12-06-16, 07:57 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdoctor01 View Post
Mmm, mmm. I'd love to be Ezekiel's queen. Carol cracked me up.
"I don't know what the hell's going on in the most wonderful way!"
Old 12-07-16, 01:43 PM  
Stephanie_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
I am actually enjoying the character and plot development this season, even though I swore off the show after the brutality of episode 1. The Neegan/Saviors story line is taking the show in a whole new direction and it's interesting to me. The old story line was getting, well, old. Lots of new characters this year, very interesting. But, Carl had an assault rifle and could have finished Neegan. Only reason he didn't is the show isn't done with him yet, lol.

I agree. I also like how JDM has said he's playing Negan as if he totally believes how he leads the Saviors is the best way. I'm sure each, or most, of the "gangs" including Rick et al, believe they are leading the best. Now, when you get into trouble is when you can't compromise and believe your way is the ONLY way, which is true to life LOL. At first I hated him as Negan too, but I get his "carnival" type personna and he's so different to me than other things I've seen him in (Supernatural, Extant, and I can't remember what else). I'm also hoping to see Carol more, but she's a favorite.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
way off topic