Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-15, 06:32 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Plie squats bother my left knee. Not a severe pain, but a twinge.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 07:07 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Triceps dips!
Anything where my shoulders and neck are being smashed: ball leg curls, glute bridges, hip thrusts, bicycles.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 07:13 AM  
mandie123

Jumping jacks and burpees!
Old 09-21-15, 08:06 AM  
ivorygorgon

I saw the title of this post and immediately thought "DIPS!" I get severe cramping in my right tricep that hurts for days if I try dips at all. I just won't do them at all anymore. Sorry Cathe! I am glad to see I am not alone.
ivorygorgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 08:40 AM  
Sollamyn

Wow, I wish I had only one move that bothers me!

On the bright side, though, I've learned to modify or substitute as necessary.

Donna
Old 09-21-15, 09:21 AM  
pfhanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann View Post
Upright rows. It took me a while to connect the discomfort and aching I felt with this move, but thanks to this forum it finally clicked. I feel much better without them. Thanks VF'ers!

Lori
Upright rows for me as well. I simply do overhead presses instead since it still works the shoulders.
Old 09-21-15, 09:37 AM  
dianestjohn

Any horizontal cardio thing and I am including burpees in this since you are horizontal a tiny bit of time with burpees :-) But I do not have a physical or injury-related reason for disliking them I just HATE THEM because they are so tough and get me so winded I often will Joni-O the entire workout at the point they appear.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 09:38 AM  
bubbles76

Side to side bunny hops and diagonal lunges hurt the inner part of my knee. You know where you flex your leg at a 90 degree angle, the part on the inside knee? I don't know if it's a tendon or something, but those two moves kill me.

Oh, and high knees hurt my hips. Can't do too many of those.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 10:58 AM  
SandyT

That move where you hold one weight with a straight arm above your head and twist to the side touching the other weight to the ground...windmills??? My shoulders don't move that way
SandyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 02:38 PM  
clerkin11

My knees also don't like diagonal lunges.

The most bothersome moves for me are moves that are variations off of planks - like side planks, the one where you're supposed to pull up weights from plank (alternating arms), the ones where you kick out your leg and twist around on one arm, and squat thrust moves.

I have 2 problems - one is that so much weight on one arm kills my shoulder and the other is that I don't think my arms are long enough for some of these moves. I'm tall and although my arms are fine for my body, I do have longer legs and I think those horizontal moves require longer arms At least that's what I tell myself.
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote