Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-02-15, 07:00 PM  
lesia

I did a new to me LM program GRIT Strength. It's led by Les Mills Jnr and Kirsty. The whole room is full of 20-30 year old, very in shape males and females.

The workout is choreo-ed by Glen Ostergarrd (Master Instructor for BodyPump) and there's definite influences. There are 5 tracks and basically 2 moves to hit the muscle group per track....

Grit Strength #2 has
Legs (squats with heavy weight/power move jump on stepbox) - you do 3 rounds
Chest and Back (chest press/deadlift into power press) 3 rounds
Biceps and Triceps (bicep curls with heavy bar/triceps pushups) 3 rounds
Kicker Track - 2 compound exercises to burn it out (jumping lunges/burpee into power squat on top of step) 2 rounds
abs/core (3 crunch into a side twist/plank) 2 rounds

Grit Strength was quick but honestly you are working so hard that the time flies by. Les Mills Jnr. is in his element here and is developing into a great instructor (hey, it's in his genes) A few years back he led some BodyPump tracks and I was like

He's really grown into his niche.

Afterwards I can def tell that my metabolism is sped up...that's what I want. I'm proud to say that this 48 year old kept up with them. Go me!

Now how to fit it in with my Pump, Step & Attack.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 07:21 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Hey, I'm also trying the trail period. I won't likely stick around because they all talk too much. And they are way cooler than me, ha ha.

Anyway, they appear to be in HD and while i was on my spin bike in the backyard, the workout cut out a few times. My internet has not been good all week and I was only getting a few bars on my kindle, but I certainly don't need that kind of quality. Anyone figure out a way to do anything with the stream other than letting it go once it starts? (skipping inside the workout, streaming lesser quality?)

Thanks.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 07:54 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesia View Post
I did a new to me LM program GRIT Strength. It's led by Les Mills Jnr and Kirsty. The whole room is full of 20-30 year old, very in shape males and females.

The workout is choreo-ed by Glen Ostergarrd (Master Instructor for BodyPump) and there's definite influences. There are 5 tracks and basically 2 moves to hit the muscle group per track....

Grit Strength #2 has
Legs (squats with heavy weight/power move jump on stepbox) - you do 3 rounds
Chest and Back (chest press/deadlift into power press) 3 rounds
Biceps and Triceps (bicep curls with heavy bar/triceps pushups) 3 rounds
Kicker Track - 2 compound exercises to burn it out (jumping lunges/burpee into power squat on top of step) 2 rounds
abs/core (3 crunch into a side twist/plank) 2 rounds

Grit Strength was quick but honestly you are working so hard that the time flies by. Les Mills Jnr. is in his element here and is developing into a great instructor (hey, it's in his genes) A few years back he led some BodyPump tracks and I was like

He's really grown into his niche.

Afterwards I can def tell that my metabolism is sped up...that's what I want. I'm proud to say that this 48 year old kept up with them. Go me!

Now how to fit it in with my Pump, Step & Attack.

Lesia
Which one did you do?
Old 07-02-15, 08:05 PM  
lesia

Grit Strength #2

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-15, 12:40 AM  
Kiwi Katie

Just went to check it out and it's not available in my country yet...which just happens to be the birthplace of Les Mills :-) I live quite a distance from a gym that offers the LM programme...guess I'll just have to be patient!

Katie
Kiwi Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 10:55 AM  
Sophb21

I'm also waiting for it to be available in Australia. I wrote to them but haven't heard anything back yet. Hopefully soon!!
Sophb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 12:41 PM  
bee1forfitness

Can these be downloaded
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 12:50 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
Can these be downloaded
No. It is just a streaming service.

I highly doubt they would ever allow downloads because it seems to me LM has never been that interested in a business model that sells individual workouts. They tried with Beach Body, but I think that partnership has ended? (Not totally sure.)
Old 07-04-15, 01:45 PM  
andtckrtoo

I did Pump #91 today. It's missing Tri's Bi's and lunges. But as I never do Tri's and Bi's and lunges hurt my knees, I'm fine with that. I just did Pump Shred last week. I used the same weights this time and was super challenged!! Many more singles, and the clean and press/dead lift/row section was a lot harder. I finished that and had to struggle with the shoulders. I'm fried right now. I had planned to do Combat after, but it's not going to happen. I'm really enjoying this streaming.

As for availability in different countries - I'm guessing they are breaking out in the largest markets to see if there is a demand. I also don't think that instructors and gyms need to be worried about the streaming. People who go to the gym and work out in a class environment do so because they like the camaraderie of the class. 90% of them would never think of working out from home, alone. Streaming hits a different demographic. When I look at the "Find a Class" section on their site, I have tons of classes surrounding me, but I'd never go. I like to workout in my home.
Old 07-05-15, 01:58 AM  
bee1forfitness

I've own (have dvd's 1 of each) of Grit Plyo and Cardio and loved these so much The Grit workouts are extreme workouts, so much fun and so is the music. I'll stream for the Grit Strength, especially if it's anything like Plyo and Cardio. I'm so glad we'll have access to Les Mills workouts without having to go to the Gym. I like working out at home or outside
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
les mills, les mills on demand