Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-15, 02:09 PM  
bee1forfitness

Anyone subscribed to Cosmobody??

If so please tell me your views, I'm interested, and may want to do the deal for 1 year for $39
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 05:17 PM  
holliholli915

I signed up through Gilt after stalking the site for a while. Here are my thoughts:

Pros
- Frequently posted content
- Variety of instructors (in case one gets on your nerves, you have options)
- Variety of styles (cardio/circuit, dance cardio, kickboxing, strength, yoga)
- Good quality video and backdrops
- Keeping up with the latest fitness trends
- Additional information on food, lifestyle, etc

Cons
- Lots of short workouts -- everything's under 30 minutes/there are quite a few under 15 minutes
- Due to length of workouts, you'll be mixing and matching a lot to get a 45 - 60 min wo. Sometimes, I just want to hit play and go!
- Some of the instructors' jargon is too caught up trying to be hip and sexy, just cue already!
- A few videos are aimed directly at high school/college students and are cheesy
- Average music, I get it has to be canned but they could stand to step it up a bit

I'm using a lot of the workouts as more of an add-on which makes it worth it for me. There's plenty to choose from and I like a lot of the instructors, particularly the former TA instructors (Jennifer Johnson and Katia Pryce).
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 06:01 PM  
mercedes

thanks for the review!

I think I may just bite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
I like a lot of the instructors, particularly the former TA instructors (Jennifer Johnson and Katia Pryce).
As for this.... what are their wos like? Just curious. Do they do TA method straight or with twists?
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 12:23 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
I signed up through Gilt after stalking the site for a while. Here are my thoughts:

Pros
- Frequently posted content
- Variety of instructors (in case one gets on your nerves, you have options)
- Variety of styles (cardio/circuit, dance cardio, kickboxing, strength, yoga)
- Good quality video and backdrops
- Keeping up with the latest fitness trends
- Additional information on food, lifestyle, etc

Cons
- Lots of short workouts -- everything's under 30 minutes/there are quite a few under 15 minutes
- Due to length of workouts, you'll be mixing and matching a lot to get a 45 - 60 min wo. Sometimes, I just want to hit play and go!
- Some of the instructors' jargon is too caught up trying to be hip and sexy, just cue already!
- A few videos are aimed directly at high school/college students and are cheesy
- Average music, I get it has to be canned but they could stand to step it up a bit

I'm using a lot of the workouts as more of an add-on which makes it worth it for me. There's plenty to choose from and I like a lot of the instructors, particularly the former TA instructors (Jennifer Johnson and Katia Pryce).
Thank you so much, I think I'll go for it to, right now I subscribe to Zuzka and Daily Burn, and was think if I unsubscribe to the the previous mention, I'll still have something to fall back on for the rest of the year. I must admit that I love, love using Zuzka and the Daily Burn they're are excellent for how I like to workout.
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 02:25 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedes View Post
thanks for the review!

I think I may just bite!

As for this.... what are their wos like? Just curious. Do they do TA method straight or with twists?
Well, they're very TA inspired as both Jennifer and Katia are former dancers and worked for TA. But, they're not identical. For instance, Jennifer has a lot more attitude with her dance cardio and has some hip hop videos. Katia has impeccable form -- you look at her and can tell she has a dance background. So, the cardio from both of these ladies is better than TA, IMO. I think it's because they are true dancers and pay attention to choreo, proper form, balancing both sides and making sure the moves make sense.

The toning is very dancer inspired, similar to TA. But, it's more controlled. You're not going to see full length, full body workouts. But, you can mix and match to get some solid workouts in.

Jennifer Johnson has samples of her work on her website and Katia posts a lot of video on IG. Google them to get a better feel because CosmoBody is a little stingy with the previews for non-subscribers, especially for the dance cardio work.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 02:34 PM  
mercedes

Thanks so much.
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote