Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-10, 01:39 PM  
Juli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
She's big on figuring out why they end up so overweight.

I don't know about her doing the therapy, but I think it's an important part of the process......
I agree - it's the only way to really change your way of life. Face your demons!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
I saw the show and was thinking it might not interest people enough because it isn't in game format, where people are competing and being voted off, and because it doesn't last as long and the transformation is not as big. I guess we'll see.
I'm not really into any of those reality games with the voting so I thought I would like this show. Maybe they will do a follow-up and show how the families turned things around.

"Que Shiraz Shiraz"
Juli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 01:42 PM  
aunatural

I watched it until she started yelling at the mom during the first exercise session about 15 or 20 minutes into the show. I'm not a fan of Jillian but I tuned in because I liked the premise of the show and was hoping that since it was a one on one type show, she'd be more tolerant and understanding. NOPE! I just. cannot. take. the. yelling. And I don't see how she thinks its the least bit motivating.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 02:04 PM  
Susanq

Would love to watch a Jillian show, what's it called? I'll see if I can get it on tv shack or quick silver screen, since it won't be shown here in Ireland.
Susanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 02:06 PM  
ukjocilyn

Juli,

They did a 6 week follow-up at the end of last night's episode. Not sure if they will do another one (after some more time has passed) at a later date.
ukjocilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 02:27 PM  
Juli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanq View Post
Would love to watch a Jillian show, what's it called? I'll see if I can get it on tv shack or quick silver screen, since it won't be shown here in Ireland.
It's called Losing it With Jillian. You can find it on www.nbc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukjocilyn View Post
Juli,

They did a 6 week follow-up at the end of last night's episode. Not sure if they will do another one (after some more time has passed) at a later date.
I knew they would do that if I went to bed!! I'll have to replay it online. Thanks!!

"Que Shiraz Shiraz"
Juli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 02:32 PM  
Susanq

Great thanks Juli, I'll check it out.
Susanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 03:16 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
The show re-airs tonight at 8/7central, though any aura of Dr. Phil might just make me run screaming. But hey, running is running!
Thanks. I'm going to record it.
Old 06-02-10, 07:46 PM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
The show re-airs tonight at 8/7central, though any aura of Dr. Phil might just make me run screaming. But hey, running is running!
Ok. I like Biggest Loser, but I'm not sure about this new show. Don't like Jillian THAT much, I'm a Bob girl
I guess I'll have to watch it and see if you will have to run tonight...
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 07:59 PM  
kd4boston

I remember reading a tweet from Jillian that the episodes ended up taking a different turn in directions then she had originally planned and hoped that we still liked them
kd4boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 08:05 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I just watched it--it was on too late for me last night!

It was pretty much what I expected--standard Jillian fare. Lots of yelling, being appalled at what they ate, and a LOT of 'counseling.'

I did find it moving... esp. the part about the baby. I was in tears, but I usually am about topics like that.

The one part I thought was really bizarre was how prominently Jillian figured in at the wedding. It was like she was some dear relative, not a fitness personality with whom they spent only five days. I get that they were very significant, life changing days, but still... if I were Grandma or Aunt Sue, I might be a little put out!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggest loser, jillian michaels