Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-02-10, 09:38 AM  
Juli

Anyone watch Jillian last night?

I only watched the first 30 minutes - not what I thought it would be. Maybe the second half was better.

"Que Shiraz Shiraz"
Juli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 09:41 AM  
ukjocilyn

I watched the whole thing and really liked it. I didn't know what to expect, but really enjoyed it and would definitely watch it again.
ukjocilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 09:46 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Not yet. I taped it even though I've never watched The Biggest Loser. One of the questions brought up by the Washington Post's very bad review of Jilian's new show is where do personal trainers get the idea they can provide therapeutic counseling. I've been thinking about that ever since reading the review because you do see that a lot on TV now.
Old 06-02-10, 09:46 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I forgot about it. Otherwise, I would have watched it. I'm going to set it for auto-record since there aren't a lot of shows in the summer that look interesting. SYTYCD is the only other one I'm watching since Glee is ending next week.
Old 06-02-10, 10:07 AM  
Juli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
One of the questions brought up by the Washington Post's very bad review of Jilian's new show is where do personal trainers get the idea they can provide therapeutic counseling.
That's why I didn't like the show!! It was like a Dr. Phil/Jillian theme. I hope they aren't all like that. I'll give it a 2nd chance next week.

"Que Shiraz Shiraz"
Juli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 10:15 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

The show re-airs tonight at 8/7central, though any aura of Dr. Phil might just make me run screaming. But hey, running is running!
Old 06-02-10, 11:46 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
One of the questions brought up by the Washington Post's very bad review of Jilian's new show is where do personal trainers get the idea they can provide therapeutic counseling.
She does this on the BL all the time. She's big on figuring out why they end up so overweight.

I don't know about her doing the therapy, but I think it's an important part of the process and can't figure out why they haven't hired someone on the BL to handle that aspect of things.

I saw the show and was thinking it might not interest people enough because it isn't in game format, where people are competing and being voted off, and because it doesn't last as long and the transformation is not as big. I guess we'll see.
Old 06-02-10, 11:52 AM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
She does this on the BL all the time. She's big on figuring out why they end up so overweight.

I don't know about her doing the therapy, but I think it's an important part of the process and can't figure out why they haven't hired someone on the BL to handle that aspect of things.
I agree.

I found last night's show very inspirational. I was skeptical about the one week format but was really captivated by last night's show.
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 12:17 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I'm a big fan of BL. I was a little disappointed with Jillian's show last night. I wanted to see more of the exercising. Also, they went to the grocery store to get healthy food but never showed them make any new meals or eat them. One of my favorite things about the Diet Tribe is that they come up with healthy food options and show the public how simple it is to make them.

There was way too much Dr. Jillian going on. She basically acted as if she was a licensed therapist. I want to see less of that.

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 12:40 PM  
busymomof7

I watched it. I like Jillian, and I like the BL, too.

I enjoyed the grocery shopping segment. I would have liked to see more exercising.

I was happy that the family is on their way to better fitness.

Busy Mom of Seven Gets in Shape is my blog.
Please visit me there!

My weight loss success story is featured in the Collage Video Summer 2010 catalog!
busymomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggest loser, jillian michaels