Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-10, 04:32 PM  
simgab

New Montenegro Method 3-DVD set

Has anyone been able to view the clips from the new Marta Montenegro Method 3-DVD set? The DVD's are now listed on her website but I can't view the clips. Are they any good?
simgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 04:37 PM  
counterclockwise

For each video that you can click on, the same sort of "commercial" plays, that does show bits of the workouts, but not much. They don't look very advanced, but you don't get to see too much, and I like the descriptions. Still trying to hold out...I wish I knew how much the price is going to increase later, if it is.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 04:45 PM  
simgab

Thank-you nyxblack1. I am on the fence with these also. I'm afraid they won't be advanced enough but I'm also afraid I'll regret not buying them and want them and the price will go way up. Must just be my PC that can't view them then.
simgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 04:58 PM  
ukjocilyn

She did post a video on her Facebook page, I am not sure if you can view the link if you don't have an account though.
ukjocilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 05:11 PM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukjocilyn View Post
She did post a video on her Facebook page, I am not sure if you can view the link if you don't have an account though.

Thanks, looks like the same video as on her website.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-10, 09:38 AM  
kellyk

Montenegro DVD

I actually participated in Marta's 5k this past weekend and learned more about the DVD. There is a great 30 or so minute DVD packaged with their newest issue which features the very attractive Rafael Nadal on the cover. I took home the disc and practiced some of the exercises and they were very challenging. I also learned more about the DVD series and just ordered a copy at her website www.montenegromethod.com. I guess the way it works is each workout gets progressively harder, so you can start with something a little easier and then move to another workout and mix and match.

Anyway, I'll come back to you once I get the DVD in the mail and start using it.

I met Marta and she is REALLY down to earth and motivating. It made me even more excited to start using her method.
kellyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-10, 09:52 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Kelly, Welcome! And I look forward to hearing more about the "sampling" dvd when you get it. Marta seems like a sweetie in the clip I saw.

Also wanted to let you know that if you have a business relationship with Marta, you have to note it on your profile and signature. For instance, Mara, herself, can not post here unless she contacts the moderator first. If you're just a happy fan, then you don't have to do a thing.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-10, 10:04 AM  
kellyk

Definitely just a happy fan...I just met her so I am over eager to talk about her. I was really impressed by her. Thanks!
Old 02-22-10, 01:27 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Please report back with more details when you get it, Kelly! And again, welcome to VF.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 06:22 PM  
kellyk

Montenegro DVD

Okay, I am liking this forum!
So I got the DVDs and already am impressed by packaging and details. I did the endurance DVD (there are three in total: Endurance, strength and power) and I am UNBELIEVABLY sore. The workouts can be for beginners, but they may need to take it easy because Marta Montenegro has no shame when it comes to pushing her viewers. I actually really like her attitude when it comes to doing these exercises. She shows no mercy!

I am going to try Strength and Power this week, and it appears that Power combines strength and endurance into quicker workouts for people on the go.

I also just googled her name and looks like there was a big launch party for her DVD along with the cute tennis guys on the DVDs. Take a look:

http://startracksphoto.com/site/Gall...=0&ct=All&tm=3

Cool stuff! Curious to hear what others think.