Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-09, 09:32 PM  
arFit

I love this Forum!

Hello,

My name is Amanda. I used to run professionally and after a very bad injury I had to find alternative ways to exercise as I wanted to continue being an active person and staying fit. This past year I started trying workout videos and was recently referred to Video Fitness (which I think is absolutely wonderful!).
I really like high intensity workouts such as bootcamp and kickboxing, but I also like some of the fast moving yoga, such as Biggest Loser yoga. I'm not up on all the best videos but am curious to learning about your video experiences and preferences.
I don't have a lot of time so I'd prefer a shorter intense workout. I believe quality over quantity is the key to gain results.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Amanda
My Blog:
http://dynamicworkouts.blogspot.com/
arFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-09, 09:52 PM  
peanutgrl

Hi, My name is Clare. I have 3 kids and have really gotten into workout videos and dvds because of them

I am interested in all types of workouts - love variety. Just wanted to introduce myself and say "Hi!".

Clare
peanutgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 06:09 AM  
binky10

Welcome Alison, Amanda and Clare I'm sure you will all enjoy it here. It's a very friendly and informative place, not to mention very enabling (hide your credit cards )
binky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 10:05 AM  
peanutgrl

Smile

Thanks Barb
peanutgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-09, 09:22 AM  
new2me

Okay, WOW, all the activity happens when I go on vacation, lol!!!

I am late but just wanted to welcome BarreFly, Mamabug, Amanda, Alison and Clare! Glad you've joined us!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 11:51 AM  
Muscle Car

Hi! I have been visiting this site for a while now and thought I'd introduce myself

I am a member of Cathe's forum but don't post to much.

I'm 45 and have been working out all my life. I have been enabled many times on this forum and get sucked in by it all but I love it! The bulk of my workouts are from the Firm, Cathe, P90X, Valarie Waters, Barry's Bootcamp, Chalene.

Have a great day!
Muscle Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 12:16 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

My intro is in this thread - on page ONE!! And my son was 9 when I posted it. He is a senior in high school now.

It was truly bizarre to go back and read it, like a time warp or something.

what was bittersweet was that I mentioned that I had two cats, both are now gone but what isn't sad is that I have four other cats!

Barbara P
Old 10-11-09, 01:35 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Muscle Car - Thanks for the intro. It sounds like you have found good info on the forum already. I see it's too late to warn you to hide your credit cards. But, it sounds like you have made good purchases for you, so that's good.

Barbara - It seem incredible that this thread has gone on that long. It HAS to feel like a time warp to you to go back and read your original post.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-09, 09:23 AM  
new2me

Hi Muscle Car, welcome!

How funny about your post on page 1! Lots of love to your kitties!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 10:23 AM  
Betsi

Hello all! Just popping in to post an introduction before I dive on in!

I'm 27 and just terribly out of shape. I'm the most un-athletic person I know, and always have been. About a month or so back I got turned on to fitness videos by way of stumbling across Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds book at the library. Since then I've been something of an addict, exercising as close to every day as possible. I'm an epic klutz, so it's been a challenge to find workouts that aren't too complicated for me. I can't do dance workouts to save my life!

Anyhow, I guess that's me... can't think of anything else to say.
Betsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread