Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-19, 08:55 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of December 15

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was a 90-minute walk with DH. It was a pretty nice day after sustained rain all day Friday.

Cher - I'm sorry to hear you're not doing so well. I have no advice about which kind of doctor to go see. The only thing I can think of is if you have a nurse line available in your health plan, give them a call and see if they give you some advice.

Waves to everyone else. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 09:21 AM  
Cher

I ended up going to Urgent Care yesterday and they took an x-ray. They couldn’t see anything with my bones so they think it’s muscular. They gave me an anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxer so we’ll see. They said if it’s not better by next week, I may have to go to physical therapy. I think I’m going to just call a doctor tomorrow and make an appointment just in case because I know I won’t be able to get an appointment to quickly. Then if I don’t need it later I can always cancel it, but if it’s still bad by then, I will have an appointment.

JBliff - I always forget that we have the nurse hotline. I may still be calling them today because I thought of a few questions I forgot to ask at my doctor’s office.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 03:55 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Cher:So glad you sought some treatment. Hope this works and you feel better fast.

JB: Glad you had a nice walk. Our temps are up a few days and then down a few days and then back up. Right now we’re getting snow. Mixed bag. Makes you so down a bit, so I don’t mind that part of it.

Karen: Congrats on your ruck! 31+ is a long way!

Vannie: How’s the hip?

Check in: Went 3 days with no workouts. Made an attempt this morning before church at RAW ripped and ride October and did low impact cardio for the cardio sections and light weights for weights. I Needed something short and yet needed to move, too.

I had my annual event on Thursday and the presentation went pretty good. Friday and Saturday were just too busy and I was too tired to workout. DH and DD have kept me up past midnight nearly every night for a week. DD is fighting some cold thing again and the coughing is awful. Tests were negative for strep (she had a rash) but I don’t think they tested her for the flu. She tends to get bronchitis easily and I am wondering if she’s headed that way again. DH had an eye dr. Appt. Friday and goes back Wednesday again to check his cornea. RX finally went through for infusions so we are moving forward once again, I think.

Tried a chicken noodle soup recipe today that turned out pretty good. DH liked it, so that’s good.

Waves to alll!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 03:58 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Soup link: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/275...serie-chicken/

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 12-15-19, 08:03 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all! Bit this weekend went fast.

Cher it sounds like sciatica which is a pinched nerve in your low back. So glad you went and started some kind of treatment. Often, NDAIDs with muscle relaxers work but it takes a few days usually. .sometines more.
Sorry you are hurting! You were smart to make an appt just in case. The nurse lines usually give decent advice.

Jbliff I bet your 90 minute walk felt great. We had rain Friday and early Saturday mornjng.

Gibbee sorry DD is sick. It is definitely the season. Several of our pharmacies actually ran out of prescription Codeine cough syrup last week. I am glad your big presentation is done. How much time do you get off for Christmas?

I did my last long ruck of the season yesterday. Our ruck club was invited to participate in our local Ultra road race. It offers marathon, ultra marathon and 50 mile distances. There is a 10 hour cutoff. Took me about 8:45. I would never have rucked 31 miles if I
Had not prepped by doing the 26 mile ruck a month ago. The 31 miler was darn tough but everyone had company most of the way. It took place near a beautiful state park. Gorgeous setting. Now that that is done I will do mostly OT and runs. I am taking 4 days off but will still try to post.

Vannie how are you doing? Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 08:35 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Karen: 24th and 25th we are closed. However, I am thinking I may take the remainder of the week off. Not often you get 2 paid holiday days midweek.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 12-16-19, 08:46 AM  
Cher

Well, I’m feeling somewhat better but not better enough. I’m going to try to do something little today to accomplish something. I can’t handle lying around so much when I know I have things I have to do. Called for an appointment with a doctor and surprisingly I got one for Friday morning so I think I will just keep it and go. I doubt I will be feeling 100% by then.

Gibbee - Nice job attempting a workout before church. Glad to hear your presentation went well. Thanks for the soup recipe. It sounds good.

Karen Wow, that is quite the Ruck.....31 Miles!!!! great job!

Waves JBliff & Vannie!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 02:59 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was an hour-long walk and Xtrain Burn Sets Back & Biceps. I am so sore today. I had forgotten how hard the Burn Sets were.

It looks like the Cathe DVDs will be shipping out tomorrow . I can't wait to do PHA3.

Cher
- I'm glad you are feeling better. That's awesome you got an appointment so quickly.

Karjoy - Wow, I am so in awe of your endurance. I can't imagine rucking 31 miles.

Gibbee - It seems a lot of people are sick these days. Several people I know have the flu. I'm glad I got my flu shot last month.

Waves to all. Have a great day.
Old 12-17-19, 03:04 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Drive by: lite pyramid upper body up yesterday. No workout today because I fell in the driveway yesterday morning on the ice and hit my head. ER visit was fast and they sent me home with ibuprofen and muscle relaxant. Very sore today with spots hurting today that didn't hurt yesterday.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 12-17-19, 08:41 PM  
JBliff

Drive by checkin: 52 minutes on the elliptical.

Gibbee
- OMG, you just can't catch a break. I hope the aches and pains get better by tomorrow!

Waves to everyone.