Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-19, 04:44 PM  
Tammie M

Hi everyone! Here are my first workouts of the month.

Sunday (12/1) - Linda's Barlates Mix and Match Series: Lower - Lower 80/10 + Bob Harper The Biggest Loser: Volume 1 - Strength and Sculpt + Classical Stretch Season 7 - 728
Monday (12/2) - Linda's Barlates Mix and Match Series: Upper - Upper 80/10 + Bob Harper The Biggest Loser: Volume 1 - Boot Camp + Classical Stretch Season 7 - 729
Tuesday (12/3) - Bob Harper The Biggest Loser: Power X-Train - Power Training + Linda's Barlates Mix and Match Series: Abs - Abs 80/10 + Classical Stretch Season 7 - 730
Wednesday (12/4) - Bob Harper The Biggest Loser: Power X-Train - All About Reps + Tamilee Webb Total Stretch for Beginners - Total Body Stretch for Beginners

Julie, it is so exciting to hear from you! I'm looking forward to getting caught up with you. I have been wondering how you were doing. Good work with keeping up with your Cathe rotations. Did you preorder her new series? I'm looking forward to them. Congratulations on your new job! It does sound very rewarding. Are you still taking classes?

SB, good job with the pilates. It is good to hear that you enjoy PBL. I know her workouts are really praised in the GD forum. Are they tougher than most of your pilates dvds? I think I'm going to mix the Joyce Vedral with the Barlates in my rotations this month.

Penguin, I am glad to hear your Hubby's procedure went well. Good job with your YT workouts. In general it sounds like most have been good workouts with a few duds mixed in.

Nora, I hope you are enjoying the beach!

Waves to all.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 11:24 PM  
Jewels5

Hi Ladies!

I am off to bed but wanted to do a quick post. This morning I did Cathe Great Glutes. Ouch!

SB, aw, I am so very sorry about the loss of your mother and the difficult time you must be/have been going through. (((Hugs))) I am glad to hear you cut back on your hours so you can take care of YOU! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Penguin, I'm glad your hubby's procedure went well. I have done some of the workouts so many times I almost know them by heart.

Tammie, it is great to see you too! Thanks for the kind words. I see you're still keeping up with the nice variety. I did preorder Cathe's new series! I don't even know what to expect but I didn't want to miss out since I always end up getting the series eventually! I am not taking classes unfortunately due to the cost and time but the job is a nice substitute for now!

Waves to Nora!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 10:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did another PBL workout, a 30 minute resistance band routine.
Loved it!! I then got crazy and went for a 45 minute outdoor walk. It felt surprisingly good since I hadn't walked for a few days with the snow and cold.
I layered up and it worked out fine. I do plan another PBL workout today and hopefully a walk too.

PENGUIN, nice job fitting in a workout. So glad hubby's procedure went well.
The free trial's are a wonderful opportunity to try out a subscription. As much as I have enjoyed the Lisa workouts I have done, I don't think I can justify paying $19 a month because I know I will want to do other instructors and workouts. I'm already eyeing up the core fusion free trial for when PBL is done.

TAMMIE, great workout week as always. I do find Lisa's workouts tougher than my dvds. She isn't pure pilates as I originally thought. She does more reps and adds some different more traditional floorwork type exercises which is why I think she is tougher. I am really enjoying the ones I've done so far but not sure I will stick with just one instructor as good as she is.

JULIE, nice job with Cathe. Glad you preordered the new Cathe set. I didn't because I thought it was a step series which I don't do anymore but there is a PHA workout in there too and I like Cathe's PHA workouts so I may just order that one at some point. Thank you for your condolences. It was a tough spring into summer watching her decline so rapidly but she had a good long life until the last several months. She was 98 when she passed. It's been sad especially now with the holidays, but we're getting through it. She lived with us for 16 years so my kids really miss her since they were kids when she moved in with us.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 10:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 42 minute outdoor walk and a couple more PBL workouts, a standing pilates routine with the band and a short magic circle abs routine.
Loved them both. I do plan another walk today and maybe some more PBL.
I do need to add some weights in at some point too though.

Old 12-06-19, 10:15 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Hubby and I hung around the house yesterday and than ran a few errands.

Today I couldn't get YT to load so I did a DVD. I was very glad Hubby had hooked it back up so I could use the blueray. I did Booty Time from Red Rockin Body, which I had marked as 'fun' but today added 'easy' since there's not a lot of complicated or pretty much any choreo.

SB, so glad you are enjoying PBL and able to get some walks in. I saw an IG post from KCM about her subscription service being $7 a month. Not a bad deal but since I'm sure I would only do a few a month I'm not sure its worth it.

Tammie, I'm really glad we got the AppleTV thingy that helps me with the YT workouts.

Julie, I'm sure I've done Cathe's GG but I don't remember it. I looked at my Cathe collection a while back and realized I probably have 3 LB workouts for every UB workout split. I couldn't figure out why but she didn't ask me!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 12:19 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 46 minute outdoor walk. DH was home from work so he decided he wanted to put the Christmas tree up. That always involves cleaning and rearranging furniture so no other workout for me. I have work later this afternoon and it's pretty chilly out so I doubt I'll walk today. Maybe some PBL before work, or not.

PENGUIN, glad you were able to use a dvd with YT not loading. I guess that's always the downside of streaming. I did see KCM's raw streaming is pretty inexpensive and I think Cathe Live is only $9.99 a month which is reasonable too. But like you, I doubt I will use any one streaming site more than a few times a month so not sure it's worth it for me either.

Old 12-09-19, 09:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I had work Saturday and Sunday so no workouts to report. I wanted to say hi and bump us up. It's raining today so no walk, but I'll be doing some sort of workout. Not sure if I'll continue with PBL, I'm thinking I need more weight work in my routine. This is why streaming won't work for me, I'm too fickle .

Old 12-09-19, 03:35 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I like Kelly and Cathe but lately their workouts have been too hard for me and full of too many things I have to modify too much. Sorry to hear its raining. Today is overcast in the 60's but a cold front is coming in tomorrow and they are predicting snow. yuck.

Today I tried some workouts from a channel called Cocolime {named after her cat, fyi}. I saw that Suzanne? had a 5m WU so I started there, went on to MIIT 3 {that's not a typo, she faces chronic illness so it Medium :P}, Dance MIIT, and then 10m cardio. There was no stretch on that last workout so I watched "My Story" where she explains her fitness journey and chronic illnesses. All her workouts are low impact, but she kept us moving.

Stay warm!

Old 12-10-19, 09:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a lower body workout with ankle weights by PBL and I added on the Callanetics Evolution abs. It's relatively mild today and I was going to go out soon for an early walk before the rain comes back but I think it's starting again already. And then of course it's changing to snow overnight. If I don't get to walk today, maybe I'll do SS or something with a little cardio mixed in.

PENGUIN, nice workout. It sounds like something you would enjoy. I have heard mention of Cocolime Fitness on GD.

Old 12-10-19, 03:59 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today I saw a post on IG for a Fitnessblender HIIT UB workout so I gave it a try and really enjoyed it. They started with cardio, did two sets of UB, back to cardio, repeat. We always did the same cardio but I liked that they mixed it in with the weights.

We had a luncheon today, I made oatmeal pumpkin pecan muffins. Not a lot of them were eaten but that's fine with me, I stuck the rest in the freezer for a quick breakfast. Hubby and I are going to see a new house our friends bought. I've got chicken in the crockpot and a hat to work on . Still predicting snow but so far only a few flakes.

SB, you seem to be getting your money's worth of the free trial