Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-05-19, 11:55 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Update: They emailed me and apologized and will be sending me a label. They also asked if I got my order because they would send it again if not? Anyway I told them all is well with me and lucky for them I'm an honest person.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 11:59 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
I signed up for Chris Freytag's streaming site - got a year for under $20. There are lots of calendar rotations, etc., for re-starters who are out of shape, like me! I will try to start that tonight.
this is a good gift. and afordable. A whole year.. She does do great workouts.. i like her.. Learned of her through Prevention magazine,

it came across my FB page as $3 a a month or something economical.. I would like someone that does reformer programs to give a deal.. lol. I want a deal on everything. lol

~~~Cheryl

Old 12-05-19, 02:46 PM  
cherimac

Super busy day means I had limited time. I did imprinting, shoulder bridge with leg lifts, the hundred, roll up, and series of five. I could hear Robin and Smriti cueing me in my head.
Old 12-06-19, 07:19 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday I did

Get Healthy U TV - 1 Mile Power Walk - 16 minutes & Upper Body Tone - 10 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Gentle Neck Friendly Pilates - 16 minutes

I liked both of the workouts from Get Healthy U TV - decent pacing and basic strength moves, which I need to be doing. There is a lot of variety there! Quite a few barre workouts, including some that have intervals of boxing and barre. As much as I dislike cardio, I know I really need to be doing some most every day. Lots of rotation calendars, and they add a new one each month, supposedly. I got the $3 for a year "premium" membership and then upgraded to the "gold", which adds access to all of the gold workouts. Even at the premium membership level, there would be a lot of workouts available for $3. The whole thing came in at under $20 for the year, which is a bargain. It does renew automatically, at the regular rate, so I'll have to remember that.

Cheryl - I've noticed that there seems to be nothing about pilates instruction that is cheap. No $3 a year bargains out there at all.

Cheri - Good job!

Christine - Funny how that happens with God's messaging. One week when I was going through some really tough stuff a few years ago, every where I looked or listened I heard this phase "the battle belongs to the Lord" - even on a billboard!

Linda - I thought the same thing about Dana being an enabler. I have that STS set and really should sell it. I don't see me ever doing those kinds of long workouts again.

My neighbor's funeral is tomorrow - I guess I will try to go. And Christmas! I must get my decorations up sometime...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 07:44 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hello!

Checking in with JS Flat Abs Walk - 30min. I have 8am dental appointment and that's all I had time for. I have Classic Pilates on my calendar for today and I'll do it after my dental appointment. Some more dental drama for me. Ugh. Seems that once I had the 2 fillings done that were apparently necessary, all hell broke loose. I dread going there this morning because I may end up worse off than I am now.

Personally, I'm not interested in STS. Way to advanced for me, and besides I mostly prefer full body, feel-good workouts. Cathe's LITE and ICE sets is as far as I'll go nowadays.

Waves!
Old 12-06-19, 09:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Leslie Mile #2 from the 5 Miracle Miles DVD (this one used the band)
Jessica Valent Pilates - Pilates for legs

I find that if I do the Leslie mile in the morning and then add a walk on at lunch that I end up getting a somewhat decent # of steps for the day for a desk dweller!

Carol - I did belong to that site for awhile - at the time there wasn't as much content. They do have more now and more calendars that may be geared to more "moderate" exercisers! I may sub again, you have to remember to call to cancel though - I didn't run into any problems when I did - but it is still not my preferred way to manage my account - I'd rather go on-line and cancel.

Dana - ugh, so sorry about the dental stuff. NOT fun.

Cheri - way to go on getting something in. DD and I are going to B&N tomorrow or Sunday - she is in English Honor Society and they have a giving tree project - they pick a "kid" off the tree (age and gender - no names shared) and buy a book for them for the holidays.

I hope everyone is doing well - TGIF.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 11:13 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I think I'm going to take today off. Not sure how many "spoons" I have for today so, I'm going to do laundry, vacuum and make soap. If there is any energy left, I"ll do Pilates Reformer just for the leg stretches. that is what is so good about this thing. .It's there, you can use it any time, my time Happy Friday.

~~~Cheryl

Old 12-06-19, 11:42 AM  
fanofladyvols

Yesterday was Tracie Long Staying power..nothing like Tracie to make me work but feel so good the day after.

I will do classical stretch today Beginner's Posture

Cheryl enjoy your day off.

Cheri hope you get a day off soon.

Carol I have never felt like STS would ever be a part of my fitness journey. Too intimidating! Good for you that has been part of yours.

Donna..lol desk dweller made me laugh. How about ....Paper Goddess? Computer Warrior?

Christine whenever I hear something that resonates with me I put it on a stickie near my workout area...current one "the lion which is mighty among beasts, and does not retreat before any." That's my dig deep woman reminder

Dana geez those dang teeth...if you didn't need them huh? And I'm like you, the Lite series is probably more my speed. But I'll be tackling some strength rotations next year after I finish this one.

The nice thing about doing as many new or neglected workouts as possible is that these will be my combo of a happy medium rotation.

Shout out to Brenda!

Happy FriYay!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 11:47 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Linda

How do you remember each persons post and then come back with replies to each in one shot?

Is this a memory thing or do you take notes ?

How do you do this ?

~~~Cheryl

Old 12-06-19, 12:57 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Shaped by Faith: 20 Minute Mat
Faithful Workouts: Stretch & Praise

Loved that combo!

Cheryl, that's so cool that you make your own soap!

Dana, I'm sorry the dental drama continues, ugh!

Linda, yes, it's very encouraging to do that!

Carol, that's awesome! He's so faithful. I love that verse, and it's a good reminder!

Cheri, sounds like a good workout you put together!

Donna, do you use a FitBit to track your steps?

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote