Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-19, 08:06 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning all ~

Just a bit of pilates yesterday - -

Pilates Nest - Retreat: Day 4 - Embrace & Empower & Retreat: Day 5 - Renew - 30 minutes

Both of these routines were very nice. I think I like Smriti because she mixes it up a lot - she doesn't do the same exercises every time in the same order. She's also so responsive to requests.

Today I'm going to work on cleaning up my garage a bit. It's a disaster - too much stuff.

Hopefully I'll get some cardio in after PT.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 08:56 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Checking in this morning with my favorite HDM CardioTone G - 50m. I have to go to the office today but hope to do some ePilates later.

Waves to all!
Old 11-25-19, 02:39 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

JG tv Kneeling reformer I put a pad on my reformer because I have sensitive knees. that's why I don't like floor work. that floor feels like concrete to me. got it for yoga, but used it today on my reformer, much better. Much much better.

Also did Feet in Straps with JG fell like I'm getting personal training.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 04:02 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

I went for a walk today. I hope to fit in a short Pilates workout later, we'll see. It was a long day.

Donna, those are great deals! Michelle actually gifted me a membership to Faithful Workouts because I used to help her out with the forums and Facebook group. I'm keeping an eye on the Pilates deals this week!

Carol, I like that about Pilates Nest, too!

Good workouts, everyone!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-19, 06:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did a short Pilates from Blessful Body - I forgot to cancel before getting charged for another month - so I am going to use it. I like it, but it is a bit pricey ($17/month) and doesn't really offer anything different than what I could probably find on You Tube. Although she does put out a monthly calendar and seems like a nice person who has a good and balanced approach to life - which I really appreciate these days. I'm over the angst of 'perfection'!
I also walked at work yesterday.

Today I did:

CS 1103
Jessica Valent Sexy Back Workout (this one was seated/floor work using a band and weights). I like Jessica's personality, too, very practical and down to earth.

Christine - I think I'm going to sign up for FW. I need all the spiritual help I can get these days and hearing the message during my workouts can only help. I also like the variety she offers...and I do enjoy her daughter's workouts, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-19, 09:52 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Workouts yesterday were

Jessica Smith - Cardio Mat Fusion 2 - 35 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Short & Sweet Pilates - 15 minutes & Pilates for Neck Tension & Pain - 10 minutes;
30 Days to Better Posture - Day 1

Donna - I hear you on needing some spiritual encouragement these days. I'm feeling rather disconnected. I've also screwed up and forgotten to unsubscribe on a streaming site and gotten charged a renewal. It irritates me when I do that.

Cheryl - glad you are enjoying your reformer still.

Dana - for some reason, I thought you were retired. Are you working PT?

Christine - I'm hoping for a deal on Pilates Nest streaming over Black Friday. I think I would commit to a year - I've used it a lot the last few months.

We also cleaned out our garage, which we desperately needed to do. For the last several months we had basically just been pitching stuff in it (from our house and my ex's) rather than take the time to think about whether we needed to keep it or toss it/pass it on and it was beginning to look scary. Now after multiple trips to the dumpster and two trips to the Salvation Army Thrift Shop it looks much better. I still need to go through Christmas stuff, but I'll try to do that as we decorate this year.

Saw the Physical Therapist yesterday - basically he is treating this as a case of bad posture/tech neck. He gave me some exercises to do (all pilates exercises, by the way) while my insurance decides how much PT they will approve. Of course, my insurance changes on December 1st, so that company will also have to evaluate and approve it, so it may be a while before I go back.

We do have a pilates studio here in town that is run by a Physical Therapist. I'm thinking about saving up the $$ and going to see her (I'm sure she will be out of network for me). She will design a program for you, based on your limitations.

That's all - we are in for wild weather the next couple of days - winds to 70 mph today and snow/ice tomorrow night. Luckily we are leaving in the morning tomorrow and driving to a warmer spot. Hopefully by the time we head back, things will have cleared up here.

Carol
Old 11-26-19, 10:08 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Dana - for some reason, I thought you were retired. Are you working PT?
Hi Carol! Yes, I retired early couple of years ago but a good friend of mine opened his own business that quickly became very, very successful. He called me early this year asking if I would help him out. We've worked together before (in fact I hired him for my previous job) and we've always gotten along great. Same type of personality - no nonsense. He's such a hard worker that I really wanted to see him succeed, so I said yes. I work PT and have very flexible schedule. Works for both of us.

I'll check back later. I have to run errands this morning.
Old 11-26-19, 10:27 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Hi Carol! Yes, I retired early couple of years ago but a good friend of mine opened his own business that quickly became very, very successful. He called me early this year asking if I would help him out. We've worked together before (in fact I hired him for my previous job) and we've always gotten along great. Same type of personality - no nonsense. He's such a hard worker that I really wanted to see him succeed, so I said yes. I work PT and have very flexible schedule. Works for both of us.

I'll check back later. I have to run errands this morning.
What a perfect opportunity!

Carol
Old 11-26-19, 10:44 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Another walk today. I'm in a funk and very low on energy. I need to get back to Pilates, or something, though!

Donna, I'm glad you're joining. $35 for the year is an awesome deal for all she offers. I agree about the spiritual encouragement, that's why I love the Shaped by Faith workouts so much. I just wish she made some shorter, gentler workouts too.

Carol, I believe Smriti did offer a black Friday deal last year on monthly and yearly. I'm keeping an eye out too! I'm glad you got some guidance regarding your neck. That's great that they suggest Pilates for rehabbing it! It would be great to get to a studio if you can!

Dana, I remember when you took that job. Glad it's going so well!

Cheri, thinking of you

Waves to Brenda, Linda, Cheryl...!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-19, 01:43 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Tuesday: Walk On day 5: JS 5 Day Fat Burn, 30 min. Toning Walk

Hey, everybody! Happy Tuesday. My mom came yesterday for a visit and will probably be here for around a week. We get along well so it should be a pleasant visit.

I'm not that into resistance bands but today's workout felt pretty good.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote