Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-16-17, 06:38 PM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn jane View Post
I have never posted much because anytime I do it always seems to shut down the thread - not sure why that is!
This is how I feel! Also, I don't know the average age of everyone here but it sure would be nice to discuss nutrition, mental health, menopause etc.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 06:43 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
Which workout are you using currently? I just started using Joyce Vedral's book workouts as templates with additional exercises.
I just responded to your thread!!!
Old 08-16-17, 07:14 PM  
Dabbadooey

I like drama. It adds spice to discussion. I've been here forever and have only had a few bad experiences compared to other boards I have been on. Unfortunately message boards are dying out. It's not just this one.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 07:38 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
This is how I feel! Also, I don't know the average age of everyone here but it sure would be nice to discuss nutrition, mental health, menopause etc.
I'm another thread killer, but I'm going to rise to the challenge and start one.

I'm right in the age-range that many VFers seem to fall in and I too like to see those age-appropriate threads as long as it's semi-sorta-fitness related. Right now, hot flashes are killing me. No one in my family or circle of friends has gone through natural menopause. They don't know what it's like to burn up from the inside out so it is nice to hear from others who have used exercise to help.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 07:59 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I post daily on my check in thread most of the time, occasionally on GD. I've been around VF for 11 years & I admit to posting less in the last year or so. I used to belong to a few check ins, now I'm pretty much down to one. I guess I'm one who avoids GD thread drama, lol, although I've encountered a little here and there on check in threads too.
Me too. I know it sounds Pollyanna but I have to deal with negativity in "real life" so I choose not to do so online. It's frustrating that what can start as a seemingly innocent thread can turn into a gripe session or take a negative turn. That's just a personal preference.

All that said, I think a lot of what I remember as drama has really died down now.
Old 08-16-17, 08:10 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post

I wish we could go back in time a bit. I like DVDs and CDs and actual books. I wish all of those things were still the norm.
Me too! I'm not keen on streaming either.

I still read the GD forum nearly every day but rarely post--for a multitude of reasons, mostly time related. I do miss the check-ins I was in a few years ago though!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 08:11 PM  
MathTeacher

Add another to the thread killer list.

I am guilty of hiding in the check ins. I feel like I don't have much to add to GD discussions. I am an uncoordinated 50 year old who smashed her thumb between two plates last night.

I used to say I have been called everything in the book by students over the years, but I have never been called a fun sucking shrew. I have to admit I am kind of jealous.
Old 08-16-17, 08:18 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathTeacher View Post
I used to say I have been called everything in the book by students over the years, but I have never been called a fun sucking shrew. I have to admit I am kind of jealous.
Thanks, MathTeacher! That was the best laugh I've had in days!
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 10:31 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn jane View Post
I have never posted much because anytime I do it always seems to shut down the thread - not sure why that is!

But I have always checked in to learn about new workouts. I don't do it as much anymore because workouts today are all the same - how much can anyone say about new workouts that are endless, unimaginative drills that are just like all the other drill-based workouts out there?

I am really glad I still have all of my step and hi-lo workouts from the "golden era" of home workouts because most of what is coming out today is just awful.
I'm the same way. I don't get into the killer drills, barre or yoga that make up most of the paltry amount that gets released today. Most new stuff I like is far from popular at VF. I tried to start a convo about Pokemon Go and was told I'll get robbed, killed, fall off a cliff or worse. But I still lurk in hopes a Christi Taylor disciple goes out on a limb and releases something.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 10:42 PM  
desderata

Quote:
because workouts today are all the same - how much can anyone say about new workouts that are endless, unimaginative drills that are just like all the other drill-based workouts out there?
I was just thinking about this yesterday - I didn't feel like doing any of my cardio workouts because I'm so tired of drills. I would love some fresh new step workouts, but unless Cathe takes pity on us, I don't see it happening.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check-ins, fun sucking shrew, lurkers, new vfers, old school vfers, vf activity, vintage vfers