Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-17, 01:51 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I post daily on my check in thread most of the time, occasionally on GD. I've been around VF for 11 years & I admit to posting less in the last year or so. I used to belong to a few check ins, now I'm pretty much down to one. I guess I'm one who avoids GD thread drama, lol, although I've encountered a little here and there on check in threads too.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 01:58 PM  
alisoncooks

I still visit daily, though I don't post as often as I used to. Also, the check-in that I used to be a part of died a slow death (I miss my old-timer check-in pals: Moonbeam! Wanda!)

TBH, I don't have the $ to buy many new workouts, so that sucks some of the fun out of it. Plus, things have been busy and I've not been working out lately...so that sucks some of the fun out of it, too.

I'm probably just clueless, but I haven't noticed drama/craziness. Maybe those threads happen to be threads I don't read because the titles don't interest me?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 02:00 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I read a lot of old threads and posts, using the search function to find posts about various videos or subjects.

I see many old timers' names, many of whom are still VF supporters too. I often wonder about how all of the old-timers are doing and miss them.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 02:00 PM  
MJ051279
VF Supporter

I used to be fairly active here. I left VF for a long time and have just recently returned.

I love being a Nana
MJ051279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 02:02 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I don't visit as often as I used to, so I guess I've missed all the drama. I'm not buying new DVDs, not into streaming... heck I'm barely even exercising these days.

...So what's the drama? (J/k, I'm not really into that.)
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 02:16 PM  
Kitten

I've never been much of a contributor.
Even the check in I started is the sporadic one.
I *do* love it here, though.
Such a wealth of information.
Oddly enough, I was going to start a thread today.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 02:34 PM  
carolyn jane

I have never posted much because anytime I do it always seems to shut down the thread - not sure why that is!

But I have always checked in to learn about new workouts. I don't do it as much anymore because workouts today are all the same - how much can anyone say about new workouts that are endless, unimaginative drills that are just like all the other drill-based workouts out there?

I am really glad I still have all of my step and hi-lo workouts from the "golden era" of home workouts because most of what is coming out today is just awful.
carolyn jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 02:38 PM  
sbh

Like rotations, I can't stick with a check-in. I guess I'm too much of an introvert. I do read check-ins sometimes. They motivate me to keep going or start again, whichever is the case at any given moment.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 03:06 PM  
Jeanne Marie

I do remember some drama back in the day, but it's been years. I guess I'm quick to forgive and quick to forget, because I can't for the life of me remember what any of it was about. It's so unimportant in the scheme of things.

I have been here a long, long time, and still enjoy checking GD every day or so. I can't really participate in the DVD workout talk because I rarely do them anymore. I've moved on to a local boot camp and personal training with a trainer. That limits the amount of threads that I can participate in.

I'm still here though and not planning to go anywhere. Hi to everyone!
Old 08-16-17, 03:24 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Like Jeanne Marie, I've been here a long time. I don't buy DVDs any more, so I don't participate very much except sometimes about yoga.

I do come here every day, though--GD is the only part of the forum I regularly visit. I really like hearing about people's fitness routines. I find it inspiring.

This is pretty much the only forum I visit any more. Despite very occasional drama, people are overwhelmingly helpful and nice, and the moderators do a great job. VFers are a great group!

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check-ins, fun sucking shrew, lurkers, new vfers, old school vfers, vf activity, vintage vfers