Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-16, 09:19 AM  
sbh

Ballet 12 Week Challenge

Professional ballerina, Kathryn Morgan is offering her 12 Week Challenge. She provided a regular and a lite version. It's free to download. She explains everything here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPRiPASa07I.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 12:37 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Thanks for the link! I did not know all that existed !!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 12:55 PM  
desertMermaid

Thanks i dont think i will follow the challenge because i am focusing on other fitness rotations right now, but in February i plan to do more ballet and will be sure to try her classes. Have you tried any of them?
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 01:15 PM  
sbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
Thanks i dont think i will follow the challenge because i am focusing on other fitness rotations right now, but in February i plan to do more ballet and will be sure to try her classes. Have you tried any of them?
Yes, I have been taking her Powhow beginner ballet class for almost a year now. I also like her Strength and Stretch for Dancers. I'm still trying to perfect the pirouette from fifth. I find her an excellent teacher. She uses great music and mirror cues.

She also has free youtube barre and center classes.
Old 01-01-16, 02:05 PM  
pcramer

Thanks for posting this, I think I will join in.
Old 01-02-16, 12:07 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
Yes, I have been taking her Powhow beginner ballet class for almost a year now. I also like her Strength and Stretch for Dancers. I'm still trying to perfect the pirouette from fifth. I find her an excellent teacher. She uses great music and mirror cues.

She also has free youtube barre and center classes.
How does powhow work? It looks like you workout in front of the instructor and class via webcam? I'm not sure i am comfortable with that. Do they actually give you form pointers?
Old 01-02-16, 02:16 PM  
Tinks

Thanks for this information. Her classes look like fun! I'm planning a Jessica Smith rotation to start off the year, but I'll look into her 12 week rotation at some point. I'm also going to tell my mom about her because she loves ballet.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 04:19 PM  
sbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
How does powhow work? It looks like you workout in front of the instructor and class via webcam? I'm not sure i am comfortable with that. Do they actually give you form pointers?
She does the class live and participants can text her during class. After class, she adds it to the video library so you can access it later. She also makes the classes downloadable so you can save the class to your computer. The ones that require a webcam are the private classes you can book with her so she can give you corrections. I won't use a webcam because I was uncomfortable with that also. So, no private classes for me. The whole video library is available to you when you buy a package. Or, you can just buy a class at a time. The beginner ballet class is wonderful. She is constantly reminding you of proper placement and form . She mirror cues and also cues each move in the barre and center work. I found this helpful as I have never spoken French. In her youtube ballet classes, she verbally gives you the whole pattern, but does not cue while doing it. HTH!
Old 01-02-16, 04:21 PM  
sbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
Thanks for this information. Her classes look like fun! I'm planning a Jessica Smith rotation to start off the year, but I'll look into her 12 week rotation at some point. I'm also going to tell my mom about her because she loves ballet.
Tink, I am combing the ballet challenge and Jessica Smith's newest 6 week Walk On. I just need to find a back friendly core workout.
Old 01-02-16, 06:18 PM  
desertMermaid

Sherri, thanks for the powhow info. It sounds interesting. However, one of my New year's resolutions is to not buy or spend and just use what i've got. I will definitely try the youtube ones and might sell/purge things i don't need or use from my collection then maybe i can warrant spending on some new material. :-)