Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-15-14, 09:13 PM  
Sara1000

This is so awesome!!!! I am surprised but very pleased to know I'm not alone in continuing to do Cathe workouts at around this age! I will also modify, but only because lately jumping and other high impact seems to bother one of my knees. For several weeks I have only been doing Core Fusion and floorwork for lower body. Lunges also seem to bother it - I may not use the new lower body workouts at all.

To you younger folks, keep challenging yourself - my approach has always been to build up gradually but keep building up. When I was 40 I set myself a goal of being in perfect shape by the time I was fifty, but at fifty I gave myself another 10 years to get there. . . maybe by the time I'm 80
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-14, 10:12 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

I am 55 and after watching the clips find myself concerned with the speed of some of the cardio moves. I know it's high intensity training but moving that fast doesn't agree with me much anymore. Modifying is something I'm pretty good at but I wonder if I'll be defeating the purpose of the series if the workouts aren't done as is.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 04:57 AM  
Rose Ohio

This thread just makes me so happy! I have been doing Jessica Smith for the last couple of weeks. She is perfect for me, love her App and her DVDs. I have done Suzanne Bowen but don't know if her workouts are the best use of my workout time. I always come back to Cathe. Maybe not with the same intensity as when I was younger but she is still my go to girl. You ladies are such an inspiration and will keep me going till I can't walk anymore
Old 11-16-14, 07:08 AM  
aqua girl

60 here, and still trying to do as much as I can. I preordered and am
looking forward to getting these, I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that
I will have to modify more than not, but I still try....(that's why I WISH
Cathe would include a modifier) but I don't think that's gonna happen....
but I try to throw in a normal jack now & then .
aqua girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 07:51 AM  
Sara1000

About the speed of the movements in these workouts - those super fast moves are not the whole workout (I don't think). I know I will be moving slower than they do but I think moving as fast as I can will benefit me as much as moving faster will benefit those who can do that.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 08:01 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
I'm awestruck by you guys! You are all my role models and inspiration!!!
(Colleen, who just turned 42 in October) 👍💪
^
Seriously!!! +2 (Val, who'll be 39 in Feb and is a Cathe newbie! )

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-14, 12:47 PM  
TinaS

Smile

I think you're awesome still doing Cathe! I'm 52 and a big Cathe fan. I've wondered how much longer I can continue to do her workouts, so that gives me hope! I did take a break from doing her workouts and felt so discouraged when I started doing them again. It was a struggle, I'll tell ya! But, after several months of consistently working out with Cathe, I've had a lot of strength and endurance gains. Heck, I'm even doing tuck jumps again!

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-14, 12:58 PM  
bubbles76

You all are an inspiration! I am 38 (hitting 39 hard in a couple of months) and can't keep up with any of you . Yet!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-14, 01:31 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Annette, I think any time you work harder than usual during the intensity parts, the workouts are doing what they are supposed to. But, that doesn't mean you would like these.

Glad to see so many vfers enjoying Cathe still. These don't go along with my current interests (hiking up mountains) and I was a little sad to see the low impact was definitely NOT low impact-actually I find this more annoying than I should, HA). I already have 4 or 5 HIIT workouts from Cathe I don't do. Some day I may buy a download or two.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-14, 01:53 PM  
fit_fairy

For me, the video of Low Impact HiiT II looks low impact. I guess it all depends on your definition. I can not wait to try them!!
fit_fairy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, vintage vfers