Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-03-14, 06:46 PM  
Sandi S

I had the pleasure of trading with you. I remember the delightful gifts that you sent. Welcome back!
Sandi S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 07:03 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryan, Paris View Post
I am back on VF after many years of absence.

If I remember right, I first registered in 1998 or 1999, and I spent great years on Video Fitness, busting my budget on videos, of course, but most of all getting fit, discovering fantastic workouts & instructors, and making friends with VFers (even meeting some though I live in France!).

I am now delighted to be back here. I still live in Paris, but am now divorced and sharing my place with two lovely cats. I have left my previous job (I had been working there since 1998) and am planning to return to being a psychologist (I am a licenced clinical psychologist, now training in hypnotherapy). So many things have changed!

I have fallen off the fitness wagon, but I now want to live more healthily.
My VCR is broken, so I have repurchased or converted some of my favorite workouts on DVD (Cory's GHAS, David Dorian Ross AM Chi, Callanetics, Ali McGraw Yoga, Yoga Zone Conditioning and Stress Relief, Lotte Berk Method, ...).

I have purchased some new workouts (mainly ballet barre). I never did any high impact and am not planning to do any now, but I am looking forward to incorporating weight training and kickboxing in my routine soon.

I have always disliked complex choreography (though I am a bellydancer) but there's one (uncomplex) video I have repurchased on DVD for pure fun : Kathy Smith's Latin workout.

Not planning on buying too much : I am a student again, living on a student budget (simple living is where it's at + have to be careful with clutter, my living space is very small.

Looking forward to reconnecting with other old-timers and also meeting the newer VFers !
Hi Maryan! I remember you very well! Glad you are back. My screen name used to be Abbe .
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 07:48 PM  
nd2325

Welcome back! I remember you from back in the day- i actually have a post card you went me of the Eiffel tower ( I think we did a trade or something?)
Old 08-03-14, 08:03 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Welcome back Maryan! I remember you very well! I'm trying to get back to a regular fitness schedule as well.
Old 08-03-14, 08:40 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Welcome back!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 08:52 PM  
northernlight

Welcome back, Maryann!
northernlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 09:54 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hi Maryan! Welcome home!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 10:13 AM  
FirmHeels

Welcome back, Maryan! I remember you!
FirmHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 01:05 PM  
suzannaerin

Welcome back!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 02:21 PM  
Maryan, Paris
VF Supporter

Ooooh it's so exciting to hear back from you all, Jane, Susan, Sandi, Abbe, Alta, ... I remember you all and I am delighted to be back

Jennifer (I remember your avatar thank you for the kind offer, I will definitely keep it in mind, and I will have VHSs of my own to offer in the coming weeks / months (did I mention I was decluttering?)

I am thinking of starting a check-in thread about out of shape frugal VFers who mostly do old workouts ... Anyone interested ?
Maryan, Paris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vintage vfers