Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-14, 04:53 PM  
sunday

I've gotten rid of probably 200 dvds, all to either Goodwill or trading in at Amazon. I've never traded and never will, though I have sent dvds to friends here just because I know they would like them. There is so much drama around trades, and tons of caveats, especially when traders have items that are ***ed, etc. It gets ridiculous. The demands are such sometimes that it's just easier to give things away.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 04:57 PM  
kimzwirez

sorry

afirmrose: please forgive me if I have offended you. If you read my earlier post again you will notice that it is MY policy to send the dvds out with insurance (to protect me from loss) and with tracking (so that I don't get put on a bad traders list). I consider it a courtesy on my part to send the dvd out asap so that the other trader doesn't think they are being ripped off, and so that I don't let it sit around and forget to send it out.

I said that I appreciate those who do the same for me. Not once did I say that I require that, or that I even mention it in my trade lists. I appreciate it when someone goes above and beyond but I don't require it.

I do, however, think it is proper to acknowledge a trade, and to let the person you are trading with know that the dvd has been shipped. It's also nice to get a confirmation from a trader that a video was received in good condition. Sorry if I offended you, but once again, I never said I required anything from a trader other than they send me the dvd.

Have a good day.
kimzwirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 04:59 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Rules and common courtesy are not drama. If someone posts a list, of course they should respond to every single email or PM.

There is so much more here than talking about rules or common courtesy. eBay totally changed the value of used merchandise and it changed the trade boards. I used to love to trade until too many times it was obvious people were getting trades to make money, not enjoy something different that I didn't want, while I enjoyed something different that they didn't want. (I don't care about what they did with the video, it is the change in attitude).

The internet has also changed, and so it goes....

But thank you to everyone who volunteers to keep any part of VF going.

And I have to say I very unfortunately found sharing the wealth was even worse than anything I experienced as a trader. People asking and never sending their end, asking for everything on your list, etc. and some really unpleasant interactions.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-14, 05:42 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I haven't found trades to be all that difficult. If someone is demanding and very specific, I skip their list. Maybe I've just been lucky. As for "Share the Wealth", sometime it's hard to get an envelope, a return envelope and stamps together and get it mailed.

I got an envelope from someone one time, but I was in the middle of a personal crisis so it sat there for quite a while before I realized I hadn't sent out the promised dvd. Life sometimes gets in the way.

I try to keep up my end of the bargain, but sometimes I'm not as prompt as I wish I could be.
Old 09-16-14, 07:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I don't trade very often but all of my trades have gone very well. I've also been on the receiving end of much generosity and try to pay it forward.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-14, 08:03 AM  
PhyllisG

I just want to add that all my trades have gone well. No problems or issues. Everyone sent out their trades and responded by pm.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-14, 01:08 PM  
suzannaerin

I, too, have been lucky with my trades. Haven't been trading, no one who has what I want, wants what I'm offering!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-14, 01:22 PM  
dela

I never posted a trade list myself, but I have done a few trades that went well. My only issue ever was my first one, I had mentioned I didn't like a dvd in a thread and someone pm'd me if I would trade it, I really didn't want it so didn't mind, she had nothing I wanted, but she seemed so excited about it, I wanted her to get it, so I picked something that I never did use, but the thing that confused me was she would not acknowledge when she received it even after a couple PMs to find out if she got it. And I'm very much a person who needs things wrapped up neatly.

I posted in Share the Wealth for the first time this month, so far so good.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trade courtesy, vf exchange, vintage vfers