Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-04-14, 04:47 PM  
shoegoddess

Can we talk Exchange Board etiquette?

Please, Please, Please when using the Exchange Board respond to a trade offer even if you don't want to make the trade. I (and I'm sure others) won't be offended if you don't like the offer. Just let the person know you got the offer and "thanks but no thanks"
I always respond to an offer even if it sucks I let the person know I received the offer and to either let me think about it and I'll get back to them or I was holding out for something else for that particular trade. That way I can check out the board and see if someone else has it up for trade without worrying about overlapping trades.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14, 04:57 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
Please, Please, Please when using the Exchange Board respond to a trade offer even if you don't want to make the trade. I (and I'm sure others) won't be offended if you don't like the offer. Just let the person know you got the offer and "thanks but no thanks"
I always respond to an offer even if it sucks I let the person know I received the offer and to either let me think about it and I'll get back to them or I was holding out for something else for that particular trade. That way I can check out the board and see if someone else has it up for trade.
People don't respond? Oy, this is a good thread, because I think I'd cry if I didn't hear back on an offer, hah!! I myself ALWAYS respond because even if I don't like the trade offer, I'm always so appreciative that someone took the time to look at my list
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14, 05:08 PM  
bubbles76

I am so glad you bought this up. This happens often to me.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14, 05:31 PM  
Eibhinn

Yes yes yes - seconded.

Back when I was trading a lot, I had this happen to me so many times. Eventually it got so annoying (and frequent!) that if someone didn't reply to a trade offer within a week or two, I added them to my ignore list so I knew not to bother wasting my time trying to trade with them anymore.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14, 05:34 PM  
pgun3

Agree.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14, 06:26 PM  
Michefit

This is going to sound strange - but how do you make a trade? I would like to trade my STS series for Tracy Anderson continuity....can anyone point me in the right direction?
Michefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14, 06:49 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michefit View Post
This is going to sound strange - but how do you make a trade? I would like to trade my STS series for Tracy Anderson continuity....can anyone point me in the right direction?
http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

As to the OT, thankfully most of my trades with other VFers here has been very pleasant and following all the above mentioned etiquette!
Personally I always get back to offers etc., that's just common courtesy for me.

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14, 07:13 PM  
pcramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michefit View Post
Me!!! PM me and see if we can work out a trade : )
Old 06-04-14, 07:57 PM  
kmissa

Sorry

I apologize I'm guilty of this. I can be a bit of a scatterbrain so sometimes I read but forget to reply.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14, 08:04 PM  
goldenphoenix

I totally agree. I respond to all offers, even though it is a really low offer.

Tags
trade courtesy, vf exchange, vintage vfers