Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-14-09, 09:01 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Didn't Miranda offer her book as a free (I could be wrong) download from her website at some point? Or maybe it was free if you bought dvds from her?

Does anyone remember?

Thanks-
Sherry
I recall seeing it on her site yesterday. I couldn't download it because I was at work. When I returned this AM I could not find it anywhere.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 09:08 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
I recall seeing it on her site yesterday. I couldn't download it because I was at work. When I returned this AM I could not find it anywhere.
Adrien - I found a link to a document presenting excerpts from the book but not the entire book: http://www.classicalstretch.com/CSBookex.pdf
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 09:12 AM  
Rhonda

Hi,
This is such an interesting thread. How long are the classical stretches people are using that are getting results. I have a couple 30 minute ones and a longer one. I have also been wanting to get some new ones.

This actually sounds like a great rotation. I have been doing hill walking 3 days a week and I think this classical stretch would be a good addition.

I just cannot see it making changes in the body but is sounds like it does work if you keep at it. I am thinking about digging those out as my body is aching a lot lately.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 09:25 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Adrien - I found a link to a document presenting excerpts from the book but not the entire book: http://www.classicalstretch.com/CSBookex.pdf
Thanks, fuzzie! That might be what I saw yesterday. I glanced at it quickly so I cannot be sure that it was the entire book.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 10:00 AM  
CarlaVeg

Does anyone seen improvement in hip flexibility with CS??????? I'm looking to work this area. Thanks!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 11:30 AM  
hourglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Didn't Miranda offer her book as a free (I could be wrong) download from her website at some point? Or maybe it was free if you bought dvds from her?

Does anyone remember?

Thanks-
Sherry
Sherry, the excerpt from the book is all she provided for free.

Rhonda, I mostly do 25-30 minute workouts. I'll occasionally throw in a one-hour full body workout, but not often.

Carla, I'm already pretty flexible in the hip area, but more so after a workout. She has workouts on the TV series that are specifically geared toward hip flexibility.

Joan
hourglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 12:03 PM  
Lorianne

LMAO on Joni! video slut! snork-snork...that was so me.
I swear to you all, CS works. if you commit to it.
I do not have saddlebags anymore. I'm 47 this June. I now weigh 113 lbs. 5'4".
bodyfat % 17.5. granted this is from a Tanita Athelete's scale. not totally accurate, I know. but, a good estimation.
at one time I was at 131. very strong, bulky looking. like Ali from the Firm. now I look more like Miranda's daughter Sahra. no kidding.
yes, the book was the one from amazon. pricey, yes. good though.

when I finally decided to commit strictly CS. I lost 3 lbs the first week. Miranda had some bootcamp thing up on her site. I didn't follow it completely. I did 1 & 1/2 hour CS & walked my dog for a hour, 6 days. I did not eat 1200 calories. more around 2000.
I noticed a dramatic shift in my legs, arms & core around 8 weeks of CS. doing it daily.

I swear to you, I'm so not b.s.'ing. I have owned Supreme Pilates & Fluidity. they did nothing compared to CS.
I cannot believe the $ I have saved over the last 6 months. & the beauty of it all, is I'm maintaining! never before. I'm not hungry!? go figure. I cheat, & I don't worry.

& Joan, yes, you will learn & see for yourself a change I bet after your trip! for sure.

I swear to you, from the bottom of my heart. I know you've all read it here a thousand times from other claims, but, if you give it a chance it really, really does shrink your body. & I don't look like I did when I jogged my heart out.
then I was skinny flabby. with cellulite.
cross my heart & hope to die.

I have the attention span of a flea & thought I would become so bored with doing the same stuff over & over. but, the way I look & feel, I just can't see going back to anything.
I finally found what works. good luck everyone & hope you all have the same results. remember to give it a long enough chance. get over that 2 week mark & I promise you'll see a change.
oh & I used to mix it with other workouts & did not see the same results.
I noticed change like I said, with using it exclusively with powerwalking or light jogging.
Lorianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 12:08 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I just followed this link from another thread. I have to say, I'm not sure I can work out with one person stretching in various locations -- on an outdoor patio, with a chair next to a pool, on some type of lounge chair/sofa, on a dock, elsewhere. I'm just not so sure I could get into these after being used to seeing a group of exercisers in one room indoors. She looks like Olivia Newton John and sounds like Julia Child (not that there's anything wrong with that). I need to see more clips.

I'll need to do a lot more research. I do have one CS DVD that I ordered a short time about but haven't even previewed yet. I think it's the Express Workouts. I'll have to give those a try first.

http://www.classicalstretch.com/
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 12:09 PM  
tigerbaby

Lorianne, your posts are soooo inspiring!!! I did cave and ordered the 2009 series. I need some more Miranda in my life to wash the gloomy days away. I'm curious about your results...what would you say is your body type? The reason I ask is because I'm more pear shaped and hoping that if I really stay focused with CS, that I will see a change despite my challenging lower half.
Old 05-14-09, 12:20 PM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

I have been on the fence with these for a few months. I am so confused on which ones to order I put some in my cart...then back out...over and over.

I had the 2009 series, Miranda's Butt one, A&A, the Total Body II. Then I changed to the 2007 series, since the 2008 series is not available. Then I backed out of that....

I am worried about how long it takes to get them. I have never ordered anything that ships from Canada.

Linda
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, results, season 5