Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-15-19, 08:05 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Thanks Garrie! That was very helpful.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-19, 09:22 PM  
JustSandra

Hi again!

Today's Workout: Upper Focus from Jessica Smith's Boost Metabolism + Muscle. Earlier I got in a 1-mile outdoor walk.

Don't tell anybody but my go-to Christmas gift for most of the adults on my list is a Trader Joe's gift card!

Paine: Do you have a revised date yet for your move to California?

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 09:45 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, gift cards are a good fallback; most people seem to enjoy getting them. I like them--DH & I like getting restaurant gift cards--but sometimes when I get general ones like for Amazon, I have trouble deciding what to get myself.

Happy Monday! I am glad to be off work today, although I have a neurologist appointment later.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 12:17 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Smithey Original Buns of Steel Lower Body Floor Work on YouTube (with 1.5 pounds on each ankle)

Sandra, I like your Trader Joe's gift card idea as a Christmas gift. That way people can buy their favorite item at Trader Joe's based on their needs.
No set date yet. Since I am babysitting my 2 grandsons, we are waiting for our son-in-law to finish a project at his current job. I'm hoping we can move in March but still not sure when it will actually happen. My DH and I can be flexible because we don't have any job/career commitments.
Old 12-16-19, 06:24 PM  
gjv

No Trader Joe's in my area. ☹ In fact, I've never even been inside one!

I did 3 Leslie miles. The set with Rocky and Nadia as the leads. Different from Leslie but still fun.

I caved and ordered that Healthy U dvd set, the strength one, that is being talked about in the General Discussion forum. Chris Freytag leads them. I've never done one of her workouts before.

Beth, I hope your appt went well.
Old 12-16-19, 07:37 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Sandra - nice quote! How are the boys? Meow has a new fluffy bed but she won't get off my bed long enough to even try it.

Beth - did you enjoy your Monday off? Hope your appointment went well.

cyana - the man told me he couldn't come up afterall. After a few cryptic texts I realized he was almost here. He tried to surprise me but I surprised him He always brings a dozen red roses but this time he brought red and white ones. They're beautiful.

Gayle - I thought I'd be with you shovelling but we only got a dusting followed by a tiny bit of ice.

Paine - with so much content on Youtube you might not miss your dvds.

Garrie - you're so busy I don't know how you find time to do your workouts. It's funny that my wrist doesn't bother me during workouts but life makes me yelp several times a day.

Carolyn - Sedona in the fall is nice. I was there quite a few years ago when summer was winding down.

Anny - is there any improvement with the smoke and ash?

I used the rowing machine for a few minutes yesterday before watching three football games. Today I did laundry all day. Tomorrow I'll get a real workout. Something lower body I hope.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 08:03 PM  
cyana

Today:
Essentrics BSS 2 with Meg - Total Core, Leg & Butt

This work-out is no joke and I walk away thinking that every time I do it! My wonky hip was not a happy camper after I finished this one. I think that means I should start doing hip cleaners regularly again. I have a sit to stand desk, and I used to be really good about doing hip cleaners just about every day while I was standing. Guess I need to get back to it! I wish Essentrics streaming wasn't so expensive, as I'd really like to do more with the newer instructors. To make it worth it for me, they need to be adding work-outs more regularly like MFML does - usually 3 per week. Lee also has three new classes every week.

Garrie - Thanks for your thoughts on Paine's question.

Beth - You can have my quota of sweet stuff and I'll take your cheese, then, LOL!!! TJ's has cotija cheese at a great price and I need to hoard up a couple of hunks. It is sometimes referred to as "Mexican Parmesan", and my butternut squash tacos just aren't the same without it.

Sandra - I buy DS and DIL a TJ's gift card every year as part of their Christmas gift, as that's their primary grocery store. I 100% support your gift choice.

Linda - I've seen several pictures of some really striking red and white rose arrangements recently - enjoy!! Glad you have the rower up and running. I sure did enjoy using the Concept 2's at the gym over the years.

Gayle - I have to post when I'm here (and it usually gets chatty ) since I never know when work is going to be crazy. You had a good day with ShovelMax, a walk and Leslie!

Paine - Good golly, Ripped and Chiseled in the middle of all your functional fitness last week - you are Wonder Woman! That's nice that you can be flexible with your moving date - one less stressor.

Waves to Carolyn and Anny.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-19, 12:42 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube Blogilates 10 Perfect Morning Stretches to Increase Energy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOWJsw_ARB0

YouTube PsycheTruth Total Body Pilates! 20 Minute Tone & Shape, Legs, Butt, Abs, Beginners Home Workout, Flexibility
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PpDkbcNGo

Both YouTube videos that I did this morning were nice but I didn't enjoy them enough to do them again so I didn't bookmark them. Does anyone have a nice pilates YouTube workout that you like?
Rant: I really hate all the numerous ads throughout YouTube videos!
Old 12-17-19, 12:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I haven't been crazy about much of the YT Pilates I've tried, but here's my playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...OP3DnGBG54vD2-
The ads are annoying, although I usually only get them at the start.

cyana, I was pretty fried after Essentrics Full Body Toning!

Linda, I did enjoy Monday off, thanks! I think the nicest part is that it makes Sunday feel like a second Saturday. So do you like the new rowing machine so far?

Gayle, you'll have to let us know what you think of your new purchase! I'm not sure I've done anything by Chris Freytag either.

Today is my last day seeing clients this semester! Tomorrow I'm out in the morning (another appt) and then have meetings in the afternoon, and we have a departmental holiday dinner tomorrow night. Thursday and Friday should be very quiet!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-19, 02:09 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, thank you for your playlist link! I will check those out.
I watch a lot of YouTube cooking videos and I get those damn ads at the beginning and throughout the entire video... Ticks me off!