Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-05-19, 10:18 PM  
Kitten

I decided on Jane Fonda's low impact and stretch. Only the stretch part

I knew why I avoided the aerobics part of this tape. It lacks the fun factor of Jane's workouts. And the cueing is not so great. Could not for the life of me remember why I didn't like the stretch.

I'm still confused. Because I thouroughly loved the stretch this morning.

10/10 will stay in rotation.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 06:43 PM  
fanofladyvols

Taebo total advanced vol 1.

The cornucopia of folks having fun sweating was what I needed today. Easy to ignore the uneven reps and other silliness.

There is one point where he says blow the air out of your ....abs ...and I swear it sounds like something else ...cough.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 06:57 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

There is one point where he says blow the air out of your ....abs ...and I swear it sounds like something else ...cough.
LOL! Yes Billy says some silly things, but I find his workouts fun and motivating!
Old 11-14-19, 07:04 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Taebo total advanced vol 1.

The cornucopia of folks having fun sweating was what I needed today. Easy to ignore the uneven reps and other silliness.

Hahaha! That cracked me up!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 07:46 PM  
Mickey12

I did Kathy Lee Gifford’s Fit and Fabulous workout. It’s from 1994, picked up a sealed VHS copy at Salvation Army. For only 50 cents I had to try it. I am not familiar with the fitness professional who led the workout but she was very good with clear instruction and good form pointers. The workout was cardio intervals and weight work alternating. It was pretty good but the cardio was extremely repetitive. Kathy Lee did some mugging for the camera at times but it was funny. It was a fairly enjoyable way to spend 50 minutes of my evening.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 11:06 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Oh boy, Linda. I hope you like it, different strokes for different folks and all.

Kim

Kim I loved Christi...the music was the bomb...but I'm totally uncool I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I could not even manage on the floor, lol.

But I'm glad you made me try it :-)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 01:49 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Kim I loved Christi...the music was the bomb...but I'm totally uncool I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I could not even manage on the floor, lol.

But I'm glad you made me try it :-)
Linda,

I'm glad you could find some good things about it even though you couldn't manage the choreography. Love your little character drawing also!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 05:46 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Over the past few days I've done FIRM Hare, FIRM Cardio Step Mix, Jay Blahnik Step Revival, Cathe's 10-10-10, and Linda Evans/Kari Anderson A New You. Three of them on VHS, and two DVD's which were originally released on VHS
Old 11-26-19, 01:11 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

You're a woman after my own heart. After relocating this past January, I shipped a bunch of desert island VHS tapes to my Mom's house. I've just found a player for them, so I'm having them sent to my new place in California. FIRM here I come!

Although I'm amazed at how well I've done in the interim with online workouts and the gym/swimming pool membership that comes with our new place. I do miss my old friends though.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-19, 05:04 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R View Post
You're a woman after my own heart. After relocating this past January, I shipped a bunch of desert island VHS tapes to my Mom's house. I've just found a player for them, so I'm having them sent to my new place in California. FIRM here I come!

Although I'm amazed at how well I've done in the interim with online workouts and the gym/swimming pool membership that comes with our new place. I do miss my old friends though.
Do you have palm trees in your part of California? Congrats on the new place (if it was something you wanted).

Over the years I've replaced some tapes with dvd's, but lately my dvd player has been acting up and I decided to hang onto the tapes. My player will play some, but not others, and it doesn't seem to matter if they're scratched or how old they are. A new one will freeze and an old one will play fine.

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts