Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-19, 06:27 PM  
Hilary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhitt View Post
Does anyone know of any other Cathe DVDs with hi/lo that are this fun? I’d love to have more!
I've been doing the Cross Train Express rotation a lot lately and both Power Circuit and 10/10/10 have some hi/lo. There's also Maximum Intensity Cardio, but that's insanely challenging, in my opinion.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 06:39 PM  
lesia

For those who have On Demand, Cathe LITE is now up! I know what I will be doing tomorrow. It's going to be a very long stressful day (I have no control over it!) but Cathe LITE will be waiting for me.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 07:33 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
Thank you Angie!! The new LITE Pyramid is a must in a future.

Can you tell me if it is 12-10-8-10-12 as Pyramids?

I see a difference compared to Pyramid Full Body combo. This one is straights sets and the other is PHA. The LITE may be more strenght based.
Similar set up of FB straight sets, Muscle Max, Drop Sets and MIS.
It’s divuded by muscle groups. You do 6-7 exercises then cycle through again with same weight. Reps vary from 8-16 depending on exercise.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 07:54 PM  
Mickey12

I did Bands and Bodyweight tonight. I found it pretty challenging. I had to lessen my tension several times. It was fun to see Brenda and Jai smiling and glancing at each other during the shoulder work as if to say “she’s killing us”. I didn’t do the calorie crush but I watched a little of it. It seems tough, high impact moves with a fire walker band around the ankles, good thing it’s only 8 minutes.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 08:05 PM  
bjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I think Cross Train Express has a floor routine in one of the chapters. Intensity and Step, Pump and Jump have Hi/Lo segments I believe.
The 10/10/10 workout from CTX has hi/lo, step and kickbox in a 30 minute routine. Fun!
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 08:09 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
It’s divuded by muscle groups. You do 6-7 exercises then cycle through again with same weight. Reps vary from 8-16 depending on exercise.
Good! I’m interested. I love pretty much all Cathe Full Body WOs.
Old 01-15-19, 08:09 PM  
bjones

Quote:

I see a difference compared to Pyramid Full Body combo. This one is straights sets and the other is PHA. The LITE may be more strenght based.
Similar set up of FB straight sets, Muscle Max, Drop Sets and MIS.
The Pyramid Pump routines are a superset of 2 exercises, with the 12-10-8-10-12 rep format. Just like the original Pyramids DVD.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 08:11 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones View Post
The Pyramid Pump routines are a superset of 2 exercises, with the 12-10-8-10-12 rep format. Just like the original Pyramids DVD.
Thanks!!! I adore the 5 sets set up.
Old 01-15-19, 08:24 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Good! I’m interested. I love pretty much all Cathe Full Body WOs.
Oops. I was referring to Stacked Upper Body. Sorry.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 09:43 PM  
angie_nrs

Quote:

That's exactly it. You start with 12 reps of the lighter weight and then increase weight going up the pyramid and decrease going down. It's pretty close to the same as her original Pyramid workouts with many of the same type of exercises, especially legs, only she used DB's instead of the barbell. She does do some curtsy lunges and side lunges using the plate sliders too.

If I had to choose from her old Pyramid w/o or her new one here, I'd probably lean towards her old one b/c I think the music was so much better. I also think it is a bit more challenging. However, as I do this one more and get the weights dialed in, it can still be a good burner! Plus, I think the Lite Pyramid is a bit shorter in time commitment if I just wanted to do UB or LB.

Doing the full 80 minute w/o as it is, I doubt I would increase the weights. It was a nice w/o just as it was. I sweat a lot in the LB section as it was pretty metabolic.

Someone also mentioned there were Abs in the 80 minute w/o. I did the full w/o and there were no abs in the original w/o as produced. There are ab bonuses available, but that 80 minutes is all Pyramid UB and LB.

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands